Ares

Ares
Expedia.com Venere.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Milan

View as you leave the metroView as you leave the metro

Cruise on the Navigli, Milan, ItalyCruise on the Navigli, Milan, Italy

Park Sempione at nightPark Sempione at night

My puppy in MilanMy puppy in Milan

Accomodation in Milan

by justasbam

Hello,
I am willing to go to Milan, but I cant find cheap accomodation. Could anyone help me about that? It could be a very simple hostel, I am not looking for plenty of comfort ;)

by oriettaIT

In October I stayed in Hotel Agape as suggested also by vter Mikebond. It is out of the center but very welll connected by the underground (15 minutes to reach the main train station). For a double room I spent aprox 70 euro, breakfast included. You can find more information in my Milano page http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bdaa0/24318/3/

by beautifulanddoomed

Hi,

I suggest you Hotel Bernina http://www.hotelbernina.com/
It's a cheap 3 star hotel near of the Central Train station and the subway stop with elegant and functional rooms.

by justasbam

Thank you guys!
But i've found another and I think one of the best accomodation choices - Hotel Alga: it's cheap, near the city centre..breakfast included, what else to wish? ;)

Travel Tips for Milan

Walk along the Navigli, have a...

by HannesM

Walk along the Navigli, have a drink at Corso Como 10, happy hour food and half priced drinks at Fresko bar in via Bramante, see the Duomo, la Galleria and that neighbourhood, walk up and down via Monte Napoleone and notice that you ain't missing anything. HAve a great time.

And pls do not hesitate to...

by mauro_pd

And pls do not hesitate to support the local basketbakll team which fight in the italian premiere league ... I know that Milan is worldwide reknown for soccer but I'm more keen on bball ...
For more info pls check www.olimpiamilano.com

Palazzo di Giustizia

by Diana75

The huge Palazzo di Giustizia (the Justice Palace) was build around 1940 and is located close to the Milan dome.

The total surface of the palace is up to 180,000 sqm and includes different offices of the Justice Administration.

Navigli

by d_d

Along the Navigli (Naviglio grande and Naviglio pavese), there are many nice restaurants and pubs...
During the summer, it's also nice walking along Navigli between street market where you can buy jewels or other accessories, but pay attention to mosquitos: take autan with you!

Catching the train in Italy

by Marpessa

While in Italy I travelled from city to city on the trains - Trenitalia. I used both the Inter City trains and the Eurostar. The Eurostar trains get between destinations faster (as they have fewer stops) and in general are kept in better condition than the Inter City ones. The trains I went on had either restaurant cars or snack bars on board.

After leaving Milan I went to Rome and was on an Inter City train - this took me 6 hours. Next time I think I would take the Eurostar - which only takes 4.5 hours

I had a railpass when I was in Italy, which was very handy. Although on some trips when I wanted to book a seat I had to pay a few euro extra - but it was either that or run the risk of standing up for a few hours. If you plan on doing a bit of train traveling while in Italy, I recommend getting a rail pass as this can save you money.

The website below is very helpful, you can look up timetables of the trains, prices and even book your tickets online.

Comments