Ariston Hotel Milan

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• sangria07's Profile Photo

Excellent Location

Located on Via Torino and a mere 10 minutes walk from the Piazza del Duomo, this hotel is set in an ideal location as there is easy access to everything. Cafes and shops are just down the road. There is a supermarket about 5 minutes away where you can stock up on water and food supplies if you wish to pack lunches. Most of the tourist attractions are within walking distance if you are so inclined. In fact, I think that is the best way to see the city! The nearest Metro stop would be the one at the Duomo while there are tram stops along Via Torino itself.

The hotel is a small one but with good enough facilities. We arrived early before our check-in time and they happily stored our luggage allowing us to go out and explore for a bit before checking in. Our room was a tad small for my claustrophobic self but it was okay once I got used to it. The beds are comfortable and clean, The bathroom comes equipped with basic amenities and we got a room with a tub although I would have much preferred a shower stall. The water screen for the tub is a foldable glass screen (instead of a shower curtain) and didn't work well. As the result, the bathroom floor could get rather wet which was annoying. Also, we had to be careful while showering so as not to flood the bathroom. The hot water supply was not consistent and there were some mornings (when I woke up early) that I had to take a cold shower.

Our window faced Via Torino and every morning, I was awakened by the sounds of the trams that run past the front of the hotel. It wasn't a major problem though as that meant I didn't need to set my alarm clock! Other than that, the hotel was quiet and peaceful. It is also a safe area.

The reception personnel struck me a being rather unsmiling and curt but not unfriendly. They were ready to offer advice whenever we asked.

The staff at the breakfast room on the other hand were very chirpy. Our deal included breakfast and there was a good buffet spread for us to fill ourselves up every morning.

Note that there is no free internet access here and charges are quite exorbitant at 6 euros per hour. The room also does not have coffee making facilities.

We paid the average of 144 euros per night and stayed there for 5 nights. I would recommend this hotel for its location alone. The facilities are not bad and the easy access to most things make up for the downsides of the hotel.

• Lalique's Profile Photo

Excellent vicinity, nice place

It's a moderate 3* hotel, which has almost all the necessary things in a room (TV, mini-bar, telephone) even Wi-Fi (for additional charge). It's clean. Breakfasts are not that heafty but Ok to keep your hunger away till lunch.
    Though it might be noisy there bacause the hotel stands on a rather busy street.

Unique Quality: Good vicinity to Duomo and main attractions (about 7 min walk).
    It has a small parking lot for about 7 cars, parking night/day costs 15 EUR.

• Fairly central for a good price

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Ariston which is a good 10 minute walk from the Piazza Duomo. Everything stems out from the Duomo so we were in a fairly "central" area. The hotel was very cute and clean. The beds were not the most comfortable but if thats all there is to complain about than I think we did pretty good! For being in the area which we were, the price was very reasonable. Many of the others which we were looking at were a good $50CAD higher per night than what we paid. All in all a wonderful stay. Would definately stay there again on my next visit!

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Cheap Sleeps

For an alternative and ecologically friendly hotel, how about trying the minimalist HOTEL ARISTON. No, I haven't stayed here before but I did drive by this place the other week and didn't think it looked too bad. Hence, my recommendation.

Unique Quality: Hey, I even heard that they even provide FREE bicycles for their guests! Now, how cool is that. Best way to find out is to call the hotel directly.

Comments