Cesena 5

Via Cesena 5, Milan, 20155, Italy
Cesena 5
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

More about Milan

While twirling, make a wish!While twirling, make a wish!

Bar MagentaBar Magenta

3. Pedestrian zone in Via Dante3. Pedestrian zone in Via Dante

Piazza Duomo with VE IIPiazza Duomo with VE II

Milan airports transfer

by mjbcoffee

Is there a bus from Malpensa to Orio al Serio Airport? We are arriving at 14:40 into Milan Malpensa and need to get to Orio al Serio Airport Bergamo (BGY) for our 21:40 flight.
Also on our return we need a hotel for one night -near either one of these airport. We are looking for an inexpensive hotel with bus service to Malpensa. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help!
MJ

by leics

Orio al Serio is 45km from Milan, and I can't find any direct transfer from Malpensa.

You can get a bus from Malpensa into Milan, then another one to Orio al Serio. There are airport bus services run by Autostradale. Details here:

Click on the 'COLLEGAMENTI AEROPORTUALI' link and you'll get timetables/fares for each journey in English. Malpensa to Milan takes about 50 minutes. Milan to Orio al Serio takes about an hour.

Look at www.venere.com for hotels: it's a reliable site with honest guest reviews used by many VT-ers.

by lordymore

Hello to My Fellow Travelers,
This is my first posting on uukraine but I've been reading the forums for awhile and always come away with some interesting information -- thanks for that.

For my part, I have traveled fairly extensively for many years and would be happy to give any information I can. My main focus for the last few years has been some places in west afrace My now would like to spend a month in Europe, specifically ukra -- but can we afford it? Most guide books are hopelessly out of date when it comes to cost. We are hoping to find an affordable studio so aside from rent, can someone give me an idea of what to expect for living expenses. We live modestly but do like the occasional meal out and love the cafes and would like to explore the area around Budapest via public transport. thanks

by leics

I think you may have posted in the wrong place: this thread is about Milan airports, in Italy.

For quetions about Europe generally post in the Europe forum.

For questions about Budapest post in the Budapest forum.

For questions about Ukraine post in the Ukraine forum.

People will be happy to help you there, but most will not see your post here.

Use the Forum search box to help you find the right place.

Hope this helps!

by mjbcoffee

Leics, I too could not find any direct bus service between the 2 airports.
Thanks for your great information! I was most concerned about the time, but I think we should be able to make the flight.
I will check out those links ASAP.

by leics

You should be ok time-wise, I think. But I wouldn't hang around in Milan itself, just get the next available bus. Traffic can be heavy in rush-hours.

by jonellis

I went thru there in March this year and found out there is no direct bus service between airports, but From Orio al Serio to Milan Central was quick and costs 8 Euro. Then the bus from central to Malpensa was also fast, and cost 6.5 Euro.

Travel Tips for Milan

LinguaDue
italian language...

by Stylist

LinguaDue
italian language school in Cso Buenos Aires (M:Lima)
great school, native italian teach their language in 9 different levels (each level last 1 month) after Services: school activites, pick-up service at the airport, different kinds of accomodation the school will arrange.
www.linguadue.com
e-mail:linduemi@tin.it beeing in a class with students from all over the world. In my first class we were students from Switzerland, France, USA, Israel, Korea, Japan, Cuba

The progress in the language was amazing- thank you Grazia!

Pusterla di Sant' Ambrogio

by croisbeauty

The famous Pusterla di Sant' Ambrogio (St. Ambrose Gateway) is actually an imposing double arch gateway built in 1171 within the medieval city walls. On one of the double facades is a tabernacle with statues of Sts. Ambrose, Gervase and Protasois.
Every year on St. Ambroses's feast-say in December, a colorful fair is held here, and this is one of the rare traditions that has withstood the onslaught progress.
The Pusterla is situated in between Via Carducci and Piazza di Sant' Ambrogio.

Comfortable Spanish shoes

by nomadig about Camper

Camper is thinking differently in Milan; almost every single brand shop has been designed and executed to the smallest possible detail and they show stuff that is probably too small, expensive or painful for you. Camper invited people passing by their shop during build-up phase to write on the walls, and has a number of shoes that look stylish and still feel nice on your feet. Their price is high, but mostly nothing compared to the shops around it.

The variety is surprisingly big, and there are shoes for both men and women. Children are not forgotten either, as some of the shoes are available in children sizes, too.

Milan Malpensa

by timtregenza

This airport is a much used transit point for flying with Al Italia.

The airport leave the following to be desired:
1) Everyone has to pass through a small security check, with a resulting scrum is 2 aircraft arrive at once
2) Getting into the City is not quick
3) The services in the airport are not the greatest (a few posh shops, but short of some good cafes)

Too many people for the facilities.

Also, there is a tendency for many delays due to fog!

Taxis in Milan

by Diana75

Milan has a very good taxi service operated by private companies and licensed by the City of Milan.

All taxis are the same color, white.

As far as I've noticed taking a taxi in Milan tend to be quite expensive especially when you call it from the hotel.

The starting cost was always around EUR 3-5 and even on a short distance I didn't pay less than EUR 10-.

Comments