Concorde Hotel Saronno

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 72% less but rated 24% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Milan

columns at the squarecolumns at the square

JumpingNorman, Duomo, Milan, Italy September 2009JumpingNorman, Duomo, Milan, Italy September 2009

The famous fountain "Tort de' spus" - Wedding cakeThe famous fountain "Tort de' spus" - Wedding cake

Stazione CadornaStazione Cadorna

Travel to Milan in late december?

by snowman_belgium

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to travel to Italy after Christmas, perhaps from 27 Dec till end of the year. We are thinking of going to Milan. Can anybody advise us:
- Is it a good time to visit Milan during that period? What are the activities we can do there?
- If Milan is not suitable, are there any other cities we can visit?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Travel to Milan in late december?

by PALLINA

It's not easy to answer. During Xmas holiday many people could be on vacation, so less traffic (positive issue) but perhaps less local people around. Shops will be probably closed on Dec. 27 (it's Sunday) but surely open util Dec 31. On Jan 1 everything is closed and sleepy. The weather could be cold and foggy.
Milan offers a lot of culture, great museums and churches. must be booked in advance. And of course the best fashion shops and restaurant (I think I have some tips in my Milan page). Please note that a visit to the Last Supper (il Cenacolo, see my tip)But to be honest, I prefer other city like Rome or Florence or Venice. But perhaps you have already been there.

Travel Tips for Milan

You must see the Duomo its...

by rtschneider

You must see the Duomo its incredible! I cannot describe it any better than breathtaking! My picture does not do it justice. It was so big that I couldn't even get a good picture! Milan was sort of a whirlwind for me. We woke up late and had to see Milan I three hours. Ha what a joke! But I did spend a lot of time talking with the concierge at my hotel and he explained a lot of things to me about Europe and Italy that I had been wondering about (he spoke very good english!). It was very informative and I was glad I took the time to talk with him. Talking with the people is the best experience one could have in Europe!

Aperitivo

by muratkorman

The happy hours in Milan are very famous. Usually they start around 6 pm and finish around 8-9 pm. The drinks during this time cost a fixed price starting from 5 Euro to 8 Euro depending on the bar. Most Milanese bars have happy hours or aperitivo as we should say. During this time, there will be open buffet food which may turn your evening to a feast. Some bars really have incredible buffet food with lots of variety and some buffets are quite weak compared to these. You can eat as much as you want from the buffet so this aperitivo finally becomes a dinner for you. This is the best solution for a cheapdinner in Milano. You can find some of my favorite bars for aperitivo in restaurant tips.

Shopping Outlet - east

by mauro_pd

Franciacorta Outlet village, another example of what you can do with some space in the countryside: building a shopping center !!!
Smaller than the "south" one, 60 minutes by car on the east side of Milan.

At the pub

by d_d about Beda House

Beda House is located in Piazzale Maciachini.
You'll surely find it. It's a so strange building near standard italian ones!
It's a really nice place where you can drink or eat something with your friends.
A Big screen to watch football plays or music programs.
A guy at the door will check for a free table for you and your friends. Maybe you'll have to wait outside till a table is free.

Airport Shuttle to City Center

by abstract_diva

A Shuttle Bus goes from Malpensa Airport to the City Center. Buy your Ticket (8,50 Euro per way) at the Counter in the Airport and make sure to take a plan for departure times!
The ride takes 1 hour - use it to get into italian mood!

Comments