Piazza Francesco Durante 30, Milan, 20131, Italy

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele IIGalleria Vittorio Emanuele II

transportation From Mendrisio Switzerland to MIlan Italy

by 5pointedstar

Hi

I just want to know what type of public transport I can get from Medrisio Switzerland to Milan Italy and please let me know in each transportation how long it would take.

Thank you.

Yours truly,

Star

by HansDK

Train will take 1-1½ hours.

Timetables: http://sbb.ch/en/index.htm

by call_me_rhia

I take it you're going shopping to the foxtown outlet.

there's a regular train service from milan to mendrisio.
check the timetables, here

From Mendrisio station it's about 10-15 minutes walk to the outlet - and there's no bus.

If you prfer door-to-door (sort of) transportation there's a shuttle from milan which runs daily. Details here:

hope htis helps
rhia

by phpcoder848

you can hire a one way car :)
for a day it was few euro for a day.
just take a one at
and leave your car at milan :)

hope it helps

Travel Tips for Milan

Italian strawberries

by Gard

I have a "thing" for strawberries :-) On our walks in and around Milan we came acoss some markets where they sold fruits and vegetables. I had to try out the Italian strawberries of course but I have to say that the Norwegian berries are better :-)

Forza Milan

by bonio

A trip to the San Siro to watch Milan vs Piacenza. Impressive stadium and atmosphere but Milan were helped by a seemingly biased referee, Piacenza deserved far more than a 2-1 defeat, still I usually support the underdog!

Where to find Gucci stores

by UKDaisy about Gucci

There are 2 Gucci stores in Milan:

Via Monte Napoleone 5/7 (4 floors of Gucci, the entire collection)

Galleria Vittorio Emanule II, Corso Vittorio Emanuele (handbags, and women's and men's accessories)

Fantastic but strange discotheque

by Henrik_rrb about Alcatraz

The disco Alcatraz gave me one of the most incredible experiences during my first year in Milan. The place is huge, with 3 different dance floors with different kinds of music.
The whole place is actually an old bus-station, but you can’t see much of all those buses nowadays…

We went there on a Saturday evening, without knowing what the program would be. Turned out that Saturday is always a Rock evening at Alcatraz, and many many people with leather vests and all other things that hardrockers must have turned up with us outside the entrance…

Some in our gang decided to make it an early evening, and went home. But we others decided to pay the 14 euro and get inside. Something I definitely don’t regret!

First thing I noticed when I got inside was the huge dance floor. It’s really really huge… Would guess it takes about 1500-1700 people. On the floor and on the stage were something I only thought existed in Las Vegas and in American movies. Cages, with half naked women dancing inside…! :)

My female friends accused me of looking only at the women inside the cages all night long… Haven’t heard anything so stupid… I was totally concentrated on the whole place, the music, some strange people and the whole atmosphere.

We didn’t stay until closing time (04.00) since apparently all of my friends didn’t like this kind of place. But me and Andrea (hi my dear friend!) had a blast!

If you aren’t into rockmusic you should try Alcatraz on a Friday instead, when the music is concentrated on 70- 80- and 90-ties. Most of the people there then are young students.

A little warning might also be on the place as it’s quite common with trouble at this place. More than once I’ve passed (lived close to Alcatraz the first year in Milan) and seen ambulances and police-cars outside the disco.

It’s also common with big concerts here, many big names have visited this place on their tours. In 2004 for example Travis, Bad Religion, Limp Bizkit, Europe and Nick Cave played there. Totally depending on the evening, but normally you should be fine if you dress nice, or "rocky", if it's a Saturday night... :)

A classic trip in the center

by Henrik_rrb

The tram-system isn’t as good as the bus or metro, but still useful. As with the bus and metro you can’t buy a ticket on the tram, so make sure you buy one before in a shop, café or a metrostation.
The trams mostly goes in the central parts of town.

Comments