Etrusco

Rated 81% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

Good For No Data

More about Milan

Floor detail, DuomoFloor detail, Duomo

Jumping Around Castello Sforzesco in MilanJumping Around Castello Sforzesco in Milan

Sta >aria Delle GrazieSta >aria Delle Grazie

4. Lobby on the top level, under the roof4. Lobby on the top level, under the roof

travel from malpensa to venice

by carolmtti

Hi
I am thinking of flying to Malpensa with my daughter as she would love to go to Venice for a birthday treat! Could anyone tell me if this is viable?! What is the quickest and cheapest route there? We only have 3 days in Italy. Would it be easier if we flew to Bergamo? Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

by Mozumbus

I guess Malpensa is a better choice among the two. other available options are Bologna and Venice... btw, why not you fly directly into Venice, this will save you time and money you will spend on Milan-Venice train...

For Milan-Venice train fares and timetables, you may like to refer to my tip: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/120e17/22643/9/

by paulhanson

The previous poster is correct. If you want to visit Venice, the obvious airport is Venice, or Verona or Treviso which are both fairly close to Venice.

by azz8206

Take the train. Venice is only about 2.5 to 3 hours away from Milan. visit trenitalia.com for schedules. I prefer to book my train trip the day before I leave the city that I'm in. It's fast and cheaper than doing it over the internet. Happy Travels.

by effeti

>Take the train. Venice is only about 2.5 to 3 hours away from Milan.

Add an hour shuttle bus from Malpensa to Milano Centrale station... if the traffic is good... or more.

Ciao
Francesco

by azz8206

I thought you'd be staying in Milan for a couple of days. If not then why not fly straight into Venice like some other posters have suggested. That would be the best way to go. Happy Travels.

by suvanki

Hi! Welcome to VT.
Where are you flying from? What time of year? Why Malpensa?
What are your interests? Sightseeing tourist sights/ off the beaten track/art/museums/food and drink/churches/shopping etc?
Budget? Age of your daughter?

Bergamo is one of my favourite places along with Venice.(I recently celebrated my Birthday in Venice with my friends)
You could easily spend 3 days in either place.
To get from Bergamo to Venice is possible by train, but you'll spend a few hours traveling, which could be spent exploring Venice or Bergamo and MIlan.

If you can provide more info about your travel plans/what you would like to do/see, you will get more accurate info to help you plan your trip.
Also check out mine and other VTers pages for tips on Venice/Bergamo/Malpensa etc.
Please feel free to contact me for more info.
Best Wishes,
Sue

by orchid1949

I used to do this way.

Upon arrival to Malpensa airport, look for the Malpensa bus and you pay about 7Euro to Milan Centrale station in about 90 min. When get off the bus, you see an office for train tickets, buy it there and go inside the train station to wait for the train boardingfor venice. It's easy, do not have to hurry, just wait for the train departure. It takes about less than 3 hours to reach Venice Santa Lucia.

by zacchio

better choice is to take
!malpensa express" train:
30/35 minutes to reach metro station "Cadorna"
from there another metro to reach "stazione Centrale"
and fron there train to Venice.
bus is slower.
ciao!

by Aloe9678

Or, if you only have three days in Italy, fly into Venice. I actually took the train from Milan to Venice today - lovely scenery, but it cut down on the time we had to explore in Venice.

Travel Tips for Milan

Great architecture

by biker7

Went to the Duomo - could have spent a whole day there - it is breathtaking. Sitting in a cafe-bar watching the world go by. This was the most relaxing bit.

The most exciting bit was dancing with some very nice Milanese ladies on a Saturday night.

The Milanese have a reputation...

by feline01

The Milanese have a reputation for high-fashion and for good reason. Try not to look too slobby when visiting if you don't want to truly stand out. Wear black, it always helps and bring something besides sneakers/trainers. Looking a little nicer can go a long way with the locals.

Palazzo Carmagnola - Piccolo Teatro

by Diana75

Palazzo Carmagnola was built in 1400 and was used as accommodation by the famous Captain Francesco Bussone named Carmagnola. The building is housing today offices of the Town Hall.

On the left side of the Palace is the old historical headquarters of Piccolo Teatro, called today Teatro Grassi.

the cat's whiskers!

by Flamegirl about il Gattopardo cafe

Gattopardo probably means ocelot, but also it's the name of a nightclub in a de-consecrated church. I've been there twice on Saturday evenings, and my feelings are mixed.

I really enjoyed the music to dance to; it was the only place I ever really wanted to go back to. I was frequently a bit frustrated by clubs which would play a stretch of decent music, then switch into complete trash, often with little continuity of style. In that sense, Gattopardo was my favourite place in Milan.

On the down side, it seems to have become increasingly snobby of late. On Friday and Saturday night you HAVE to book a table to even get in, and at 110 Euros per table (which can be shared with up to 5 people, and includes a bottle of spirit with mixers, i.e. Bacardi and coke) it's no cheap night.

Having actually forked out that amount to get in the second time, I was not impressed with our tiny table, only having 3 chairs between 5 people, and the attitude of the staff (we were taking up too much space... well, forgive us). The bouncers are pretty miserable too.

If this has put you off, I've heard that on Sunday or weekdays nights it's a lot nicer (and, I suspect cheaper). I'd go back but I'm not sure I'd pay for a Saturday, as much as I love to dance. As smart as possible; this is a posh nightclub in Milan!

The oldest trams in Europe!

by draguza

Peter Witt was a Cleveland Railway commissioner, who designed a model of streetcar, which is known by his name, and was used in many North American cities, most notably in Toronto and Cleveland. Peter Witt cars were also built in Italy and used in several Italian cities, including Milan, where 200 Ventotto (‘twenty-eight’) vehicles (introduced in 1928) are still in use up to this day. Additionally eleven ex-Milan cars can be seen today on the streets of San Francisco, where they operate on the F Market & Wharves streetcar line.

Comments