Via Gerolamo Cardano 1, Milan, Lombardy, 20124, Italy

Booking.com FourPoints.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• jldodge710's Profile Photo

Excellent, comfortable stay

We only stayed for one night but ... arrived early in the morning after an all night flight. A very polite and helpful front desk got us into our room early. Althought an older hotel, the rooms were very clean, comfortable and had nice amenities. Our travel partners even had a treadmill in their room.

We would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Directions: Caution, a taxi cab ride costs about 100 Euro

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Four points by Sheraton Milan Center

The hotel is close to Milan Center train station, while it is not the city center!

Unique Quality: Old Roma style deco, nice facility and food.

Directions: Milan Central station

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Good Choice for Tourism

A smaller hotel within a budget price range. Some rooms have a small balcony. Some have an old-world decor with lots of brocade-lined walls, others are quite sleek and modern with an Ikea feel.
    The Central train station is close, in which there is also a Metro station so you can easily travel all over the city. Several bus and tram lines also stop close by.

Directions: Within walking distance from the Central Train Station, about 5 blocks to the West.

More about Milan

trombonestrombones

JumpingNorman, Milan, ItalyJumpingNorman, Milan, Italy

Bedroom, Hotel Maxim, Milan, Italy.Bedroom, Hotel Maxim, Milan, Italy.

1. Statue of Giuseppe Verdi1. Statue of Giuseppe Verdi

by nuzahmed

Can i please get some help w the hotel!!! Need info if i can take a taxi to Hilton Rome Cavelari? Also is it a good hotel as far as location goes? They do say that they have free shuttle to the city!!
Also i have not yet reserved hotel in milan where i will b arriving late 1 evening and leaving next evening so pls tell me which area i should stay? as i will b arriving and leaving from milan melapensa arpt.
Also i have not yet reserved for naples, there also I am arriving late like 900pm and leaving next day at about 800pm or so. So should i stay in naples or in sorrento or in amalfi?? my concern is since i am arriving so late if i can take a taxi there is it going to b too much$? the reason i want to take a taxi is bc the kids might b v tired as it is our last stop. Plus now i read that drive to amalfi is v dangerous or i should say scary. Also if i stay in sorrento do u think it will b too far to get there so late at night?
Also I have already booked my hotel which idk if i can cancel at Hilton Molino Stucky for 1 night which looked so nice but now i am double minded bc u have to take a boat to go there and the weather will b cold so idk if it was a right decision.
Please help me now w my hotel stuff. Thanks

Re: Please help me decide my hotels in Milan and Naples and need info on my Rome hotel

by mccalpin

1. Of course you can take a taxi to the Cavalieri. However, it will cost you something like 55 euro from Fiumicino airport.

2. The Cavalieri is a first class hotel, but it is outside the city center. Typically, it is so expensive that most VTers who stay there do so on Hilton points. It is in a nice upper class neighborhood...but there's nothing to do around there in particular, so you only real choice is to take the free shuttle (once an hour, as I recall), a bus, or a taxi to go someplace more interesting for visitors.

3. For a one night stay, there are 50,000,000 places closer to the city center and cheaper...in fact, nearly every hotel is close and cheaper ;-) However, if you're staying there on points, I understand that you are limited to where you can stay...it certainly isn't a BAD place (quite the contrary, it's quite upscale), but it isn't the most interesting location.

Bill

by nuzahmed

Well I am not staying on points :( Also I have prepaid that hotel for 3 nights so now I have no choice :-(
Main reason I booked was bc of good reviews and also v good pics and the shuttle availability!!!

by mccalpin

Well, it's certainly not a bad choice ;-) It's a pretty area, and the views from the restaurant are amazing...note that the rooms facing south towards the city are more expensive...

You might want to look at these for more info:

Bill

Travel Tips for Milan

It's all about soccer

by ErnestoFuser

I went in Milano on March 11th, 2008 to see a Champions League match between AC Milan and Arsenal... Of course, the match was not the only thing I saw... My best memory of Milan were two things. First: the San Siro Stadiun, which is absolutely fantastic; and second: Arsenal fans, which are one of the best football fans in the world! I hope we'll see each other in the next season of Premier League.

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele good luck bull

by Diana75

Halfway down the Vittorio Emanuele Gallery are four floor mosaics representing Turin (the bull), Rome (the she-wolf and Romulus and Remus), Florence (the lily) and Milan (a red cross on a white background).

Out of these four mosaics, the most famous is the one of the bull due to a Milanese tradition that is saying that if you turn quickly 3 times on your heel over the bull's testicles you attract good luck.

A native told me that initially the story was talking about the bull's head, but, as now there is a deep depression in the floor on the bull's testicles, I think the head was not so successful after all.

San Sebastiano

by croisbeauty

San Sebastiano, situated in Via Torino, was commissioned by St. Carlo Borromeo and financed by the city in 1576 in fullfilment of a vow taken with the hope that the terrible plague epidemic would come to an end.
The original circular plan was designed by Pellegrini whose design entalied a two storey cylindrical building topped by a dome. Other architecs later called in modified the original design and also added a presbytery.

Colourful clothing for children

by nomadig about Brums

Brums is a midsized children clothing store on busy Corso Buenos Aires. The clothes are very colourful and attend to the details. The sizes range from babies to teens (0-16 years) and both girls and boys have a good selection of clothes.

The service is very friendly and there were enough clerks to handle all customers -- this might be because of low number of customers or higher amount of clerks. The prices are in the midrange, so don't expect finding any bargains here.

Main Train Station

by debrannan

The train station is a beautiful, grandiose building. Construction on this building began in 1920 after two competitions were held for its design. The Piazza Duca stretches out in front of the station. There is a metro station located out front under the Piazza.

Comments