Grand Hotel Verdi

NH Grand Hotel Verdi
Hotels.com NH Hoteles Booking.com

• nomadig's Profile Photo

Grand rooms

Grand Hotel Verdi offers big rooms for reasonable prices. Our room was twice the size of a standard European hotel room, and triple the size of a standard London hotel room. For Americans, the room wouldn't be huge, just big. This combined with an excellent breakfast (especially when compared to breakfasts in other Italian hotels), their offer was hard to beat.

The hotel is located next to Corso Como, so there are a few good restaurants nearby. There is also a nicely stocked supermarket just behind the hotel building, so your basic needs should be well catered. Going to Duomo or the golden triangle of fashion, you need to take a metro from Garibaldi or Repubblica, a few hundred meters from the hotel.

The service in the hotel was excellent, the staff were knowledgeable and they checked all kind of things for us from the Internet and over the phone.

• softballteam's Profile Photo

A Spacious Hotel Near the Action

5-15 minute walk to the Corso Como District and Duomo (downtown) respectively. Their breakfeast buffet was better than usual!, the hotel is clean, you get free internet usage on their one computer and the front desk speaks English. The place was rated a four star hotel but it's more like a three (that's the way it is in Europe I guess). I would stay there again.

Unique Quality: Spacious room that can easily fit two children and they have climate control (a/c).

Directions: 10 minute cab ride from the Stazione Centrale F.S.

More about Grand Hotel Verdi

Monza/ Milan/Grand Hotel Verdi

by Katrain

Hi there,

My boyfriend are travelling to Milan next weekend for the Grand Prix and I'm a bit unsure of the best way to get around. We fly in Bergamo on Sat morning and we were going to hire a car to take us to the hotel (Grand Hotel Verdi), then to Monza and also to the lakes. Does anyone know if it's difficult to drive from Bergamo to Milan centre? Then we would drive out to Monza for the Grand Prix and then out to the Lake Como the next day. I'm not sure if it would be easier to have a car to do all of this or to use public transport. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Also if anyone has stayed at Hotel Grand Verdi could they let me know if it's nice and fairly close to decent restaurants/bars.

Thank you!!

RE: Monza/ Milan/Grand Hotel Verdi

by sahel578

I did Monza last year.. it was a freaking circus..the public transport was a complete disorganized mess. Rent a car to take to Monza.

RE: Monza/ Milan/Grand Hotel Verdi

by ltm80

Hi Katrain,
I work in Rome but I'm often in Milan during the week.
I've found Hotel Verdi to be one of the nicest hotel in the city. It has nice rooms, swimming pool and a good breakfast. Just one thing... the restaurant is really expensive (more than those of other top-hotels in Milan)...
About the transports... I definitively reccomend you to rent a car in Bergamo's airport (I'm Italian and I hate italian public transport... no comments on italian taxi)... moreover, Milan is empty during the weekends so you shouldn't have any problem to reach Milan from the airport (it's quite easy). Maybe you should look for a cheap parking.
I've never gone to Monza form Milan but I think during the GP's weekend the roads could be crowded.

RE: RE: Monza/ Milan/Grand Hotel Verdi

by johnmi

Rent a car and you'll be stuck in impressive traffic jams!

Comments