Via Napo Torriani 27, Milan, Lombardy, 20124, Italy

Nemorino's Profile Photo

Website in 21 languages

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 28, 2008

I didn't even look at their website until I got back home, but when I did I was very impressed with their 21 languages.

The hotel itself was all right too, slightly more expensive than the Mazzini but also in a slightly more upscale neighborhood. After coming out of the central station you take a half left into Via Napo Torriani (instead of a full left into Via Virtuvio) and there you are.

For internet connections there were two computers in the lobby. These cost three Euros per hour -- which I personally thought was three Euros too much, but never mind.

Though they were obviously not equipped for bicycle storage, they were nice about letting me park mine in the lobby overnight.

(Some hotels in Milan have free bicycles for their clients, like the Ariston, but these hotels are more expensive, so it evens out in the end.)

hairpin's Profile Photo

Worst Place to Stay in Milan

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 5, 2007

I almost cried when we entered our hotel room. It was dank, the decor was from the 70's (BAD 70's), and finishes were peeling in the bathroom. My husband got ripped off by someone just outside the hotel lobby "looking" like a policeman who flashed his ID card and even faked a drug bust to get his confidence. Just be warned this is in an unsavory spot of Milan, and there are scammers everywhere. There are VERY good. I didn't even trust the checker at the front desk of the hotel who kept asking for me to hand over my passport so he could hold it. I still don't understand why he wanted to store it. I will show it to him. But I don't understand why they would keep it for me... Questionable. After staying one night we also started to notice, the not very attractive prostitutes across the street from our hotel room.

Stay somewhere else.

an okay hotel with unfriendly reception old man

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2007

we arrived the hotel in the evening and encountered troubles while finding the hotel. actually it's very near the central station, but the police there just pointed us the wrong directions. and the old man there doesnt speak well in english and always talked rudely to us. he told us the a/c of one of the rooms need to be switched on by ourselves. so we tried so hard to find the turn on button, and when we told him we couldnt find it, then he's like "argh, you stupid" and angrily showed us where the switch is.

and for the other "double room", the bed actually is combined with 2 twin beds. the beds will easily separated if you just....push it.

Diana75's Profile Photo

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 9, 2007

After the nights spent in NH Hotel in Torino, the 3* Hotel Bernina in Milan had no chance. But this was just because the hotel in Torino is simply fabulous.

Actually Hotel Bernina is really welcoming, clean and perfect for what we needed: close to the Central Station and cheap.

We paid only EUR 60- for a twin room and walked there from the Central Station with the luggage without killing ourselves.

At breakfast, I’ve noticed a lot of tourists (both Italian and foreign) and businessmen.

The only weak point is that there is no place to deposit the luggage if you still have time and walk to visit the town.

bertioga's Profile Photo

Not expensive *** hotel in Milan

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 17, 2005

I have not stayed in this Hotel, because I live in Milan, but it is one the best value for your money in a *** hotel in Milan.

Unique Quality: Not expensive *** hotel in Milan.

Directions: Near Milan main train station

Mazza1's Profile Photo

We need more space and less sharp angles!!!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 14, 2005

When we got to the hotel I found myself having to complain about the room and got it upgraded. The man in reception had a slimy, Machiavellian look about him and Sophie and I felt very uncomfortable about the three of us squeezing into a tiny lift on the way to inspect another room. By the second day, my makeup bag had gone walkies while left in the care of the hotel. I complained to the concierge (in Italian, naturally) and had the poor man quaking in his boots, threatening to write a letter to the direttore!)

Unique Quality: The feng shui in the hotel was an absolute nightmare - sharp, missing corners, jutting angles from buildings opposite directing killing breath towards our hotel, cramped conditions, dodgy bathroom fixtures, room door located opposite two flights of stairs and near a lift. I became immediately aware of the shar chi in the place, setting me on edge. I was unable to relax and settle in that ghastly room, possibly one of the worst designed and located in the hotel. This is one of the reasons I complained and switched rooms, although the idea of two neurotic English females trying to explain the fundamentals of feng shui to a budget hotel concierge with limited knowledge of English or us of Italian may have been more trouble than its worth!

antistar's Profile Photo

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 7, 2005

A fantastic and very convenient hotel, just a stone's throw from the main central station - perfect for when you are arriving tired after a long journey on a night train. The room itself was a little small, and looked like it hadn't been redecorated since the 70s, and like Milan itself was a little rough around the edges: small toothpaste smear on the wall, one plug socket was pushed back inside the wall and inoperable, etc. The hotel was clean and comfortable, though, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, letting me into my room early, and looking after my bags while I walked around town after I'd left. The coffee at breakfast was also excellent, and served by a very friendly old gentleman.

Directions: Very easy to get to from the central station. Just walk out the main exit, cross the square, bearing left, and take the left hand road off via Vittor Pisani. The hotel is on your right a little way on.

Nearby Hotel Bernina

• Room Service
  • Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast

Milan Travel Forum

Need advice about Milan, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Milan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Milan hotel reviews

Ciao: when to use it!
The Duomo
Navigli
Local Customs
Eat with the railway people!
AA to Malpensa Airport from NYC