Hotel Flora

Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Milan

sign outsidesign outside

My sister JumpingwithNorman,Milan, Italy Sept 2009My sister JumpingwithNorman,Milan, Italy Sept 2009

San Siro from outsideSan Siro from outside

Giuseppe GaribaldiGiuseppe Garibaldi

Where to go on New Years Eve??

by KathaWachter

Hi,

we're going to be 5 girls visiting Milan for New Years...any recommendations on where to head for great party???
Thanks also for any tips for the previous and/or following nights :)

Ciao
Katha

by Ritchie_Lionheart

Hi Katha,
Milan is probably the last place I would think of for a New Year's holiday party. Well, I guess that the flight is booked now and you make the best of it. Dtill, I would suggest that you do the same as most inhabitants in Milan - at least those who can afford it - they leave Milan to one of the many resorts, best in the mountains: Cervinia, Courmayeur and the Val d'Aosta region, the Dolomites etc, but it won't be easy to book a hotel now. Train travel is cheap in Italy, but the rest (accomodation, parties, restaurants) will come at a price. And the weather...well, you might be lucky.

by KathaWachter

Hi,

thanks for your reply, probably should have considered this before but it's too late late and we'll just have to stick with it as the hotel is already booked...
However we do have a car, so where would you suggest we could go for New Years, assuming that we could manage to find a place to sleep there for that one night??
And if we happen to have to stay in Milan, an suggestions where we could make the best of that night??
Thank u millions!

Katha

by Ithiliell

Actually, Milan is not a great place for New Year's Eve. If you have a car and want to party outodoors, you can drive to Como (it gets about 1 hour): every year there's a midnight party on the lake shores with great fireworks shot from the centre of the lake. Amazing... and there's a lot of people around, of course. :)

Have fun! :)

Simona

Travel Tips for Milan

I only went for the day and...

by stueymac

I only went for the day and didn't really get to see as much as I would have liked.

The Duomo Piazza and the San Siro stadium are well worth seeing. I'm sure there is more, and hope to revisit to explore and enjoy more of this beautiful city. Meeting Father Xmas outside the Cathedral!!

Eat slowly...there's more coming!

by syllybabe

Italian meals are quite a production. Don't eat too much appetizers and bread or you'll never get to the end of the meal. Remember, there's pasta coming, then the meats, then more bread, more wine, more dessert, more fruit...more more more!!! Hey, I'm not complaining, ok? I love food!

Shopping Outlet - south

by mauro_pd

Point your car to south ... drive for some 60 minutes, park your car in the big car-park, take your wallet from your pocket ... and you're ready to the most exciting SHOPPING experience in Italy: the biggest OUTLET !!! You can shops for hours and save lots of money.

Post-colonial Chic

by Flamegirl about Roialto

It can be hard to find a space on Roialto's comfy sofas, but I love going there for the atmosphere created by the decor. It doesn't look much from the outside, but this cocktail bar/restaurant conceals a gem.

It's a very popular spot for that after-work drink, or perhaps a pre-club drink if you're going dancing somewhere like the Gattopardo (which is just along the road - see my "cat's whiskers" tip).

Milan has a wealth of bars, but in my opinion Roialto is worth going out of your way to visit.

Smart...Really Smart

by tpal

I did a keyword search for "Smart Car" on Virtual Tourist and got 67 hits so I know this won't be big news but...isn't this a great little car! We saw these little guys all over and by the time we left I was really itching to drive one but alas the moment escaped me. I got a little excited when I heard that efforts were afoot to start importing Smart Cars into the US. Further research, however, revealed that apparently we are not quite ready for these little cuties. Instead, initial plans call for the introduction of a SUV version into the US market...go figure!

Comments