Hotel Gelsomina

More about Milan

delicious & freshly made pizzasdelicious & freshly made pizzas

Santa Maria delle GrazieSanta Maria delle Grazie

2. Bicycle lane on M. Cioia2. Bicycle lane on M. Cioia

my dream carmy dream car

Passing through Milan.

by DomesticGoddess1

I will be flying into Milan airport at aprox. 12:30pm and will be heading to Genoa, but I would like to see some of the sights in Milan that afternoon. Now I know that when we leave the airport the train will take us to Cardona Train station, is there any place for me to store my luggage there? Rates? Or do I have to take it to Milano Central? Thanks for any help.

by puerto_lover

At Linate airport according to the web site below there is a left baggae facility from 07.00 to 21.30 every day.
At Malpensa airport in Terminal 1 there is a Left Baggage and 'wardrobe' open from 06.00 to 22.00 every day.

by Manara

There is a left-luggage service at Cadorna station, but I don't know the rates.
Anyway the train is not the only mean of transport to Milan. There are buses from Malpensa to Milan Stazione Centrale, a bit slower than the train, but also more frequent, so there is less waiting time. If you use that bus, when you enter the station you can use a tapis roulant to get upstairs (trains level) where the left-luggage is. The price is EUR 3.80 for 5 hours, each extra hour is 0.60.
If you leave for Genoa from Stazione Centrale the most convenient thing to do is to go directly to Stazione Centrale and leave your luggage there while visiting.

by DomesticGoddess1

Great thought Manara, something I didn't really consider. Does anyone know how to find the place where I will get on the bus, and about how long it takes to get to Milano Central? I don't get into the airport until 12:30p.m., and lets assume it takes me a few hours to get through any customs or check points, will that be a bad time of day on the roads? Thanks again.

by Manara

I have not been on VT for many days, because I was travelling, so I apologize for not replying earlier.
Finding the bus is ver easy, because there are signs to direct passengers to the proper exit (exit N° 5 or 6, I am not sure). The bus line is called Malpensa Shuttle. You will see several buses waiting, so you just need to check the sign they have at the front, looking for the Stazione Centrale sign, because there are also buses to Linate. They leave every 20 minutes, and normally when one departs there is already another one waiting for passengers, and the man selling tickets stands by the door(cash payment only). At that time of the day it should take 50 minutes to get to the city centre.

Travel Tips for Milan

If you want to cut your hair...

by Stylist

If you want to cut your hair or get another color when in Milan - try

Toni & Guy in via V. Monti 27
tel: 02 48027137.
If you wanna cut your hair ask for Christiano or change the color ask for Andrea I spent almost 6h in that salong cutting and coloring my hair and had a really fun day! They treat you really nice and as a foreigner and specially as a girl you'll be the main attraction!

Piazzale Cadorna

by Mikebond

The square in front of the Cadorna railway station was restyled on a project by Gae Aulenti at the end of the 1990s. Two sculptures by Claes Oldenburg and Coosie van Bruggen were located in the middle of the square in 2000: they are a knot and a needle with a coloured thread, representing the Milanese industriousness.

Expensive Shopping

by draguza about Via Montenapoleone

Milan's fashionable shopping district is famed for its wealth of luxury boutiques and they are inside the Montenapoleone. In this street you will find the most expensive stores in MIlan like Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Armani, Valentino, etc.; Milan's most elegant thoroughfares, is lined with luxurius boutiques, antique shops, tearooms and cafés. All along the street are the ateliers of the top Milanese designers. You will just love this place with all the glitz and glamour and the elegant fashions. This is where shoppers will be in heaven. Take a lot of time in this place you will be glad you did. Mainly women's clothes, menswear, shoes, jewelry and leather More than average

Cosy bar

by Henrik_rrb about Caffe Litta

This is a bar I had actually forgotten about, but saw again when I was staying at the King Hotel Milan.
In 2003 I spent many nights here, since one of my best friends had her appartment right above the bar.
It's cosy, central and with a nice area outside the bar where one can sit down and look at the people passing, while sipping on the beer.
During the days it's more of a café, therefore the name.
They have the stronger type of Tennents here, but I mostly prefered a Heineken when I visited. Watch out though, since I one time got a non alcoholic beer, definitely without ordering it... Took me half the bottle to realise why the beer tasted so strange... :) Normal bar, come as you want.

www.trenitalia.it

by Diana75

With the help of the Internet site of the Italian Railway I perfectly planned my trips by train around Italy.

The site is offering detailed information about all the trains with the complete schedule and prices.

There is also the possibility to acquire the tickets on-line.

Comments