Hotel Loris

Via Lulli Giovanni 11, Milan, 20131, Italy
Hotel Loris
Booking.com eDreams Hostelworld.com

More about Milan

Milan markets - olives and tomatoesMilan markets - olives and tomatoes

Santa Maria delle GrazieSanta Maria delle Grazie

1. Rossignoli bicycle shop1. Rossignoli bicycle shop

CastelloCastello

Who is in glasscoffin in Duomo?

by Turska

I saw everyone taking photos of glasscoffin in Duomo,and so I took one alsoBut I still don´t know who is in that coffin?There was also little coffin at"cellar",and lots of photos was taken of it.Some people asked do I know what it is-and I didn´t.Anyway-I took a photo also,like evryone else-in case if it is something I "should"know.What is in that little coffin?I have those photos,but I can´t use them at forum.If someone can tell me,it would be nice to know. :)

by JohanIsWeg

It is the body of Saint Charles Borromeo: Archbishop of Milan, Cardinal-Priest of the Title of St. Prassede, Papal Secretary of State under Pius IV, and one of the chief factors in the Catholic Counter-Reformation.

by Turska

O.k.I thought it might be someone like that.We aren´t catholic,(we are lutherian),so the name doesn´t tell me so muchBut it´s nice to know.Some churches we´ve visited have had remainings of some world famous people-not only religious importants.

by Kathrin_E

In case you want to read a little more about him:

by Turska

O.k.It´s you again!You know everything!(You´ve been answering my Germany-guestions!).Have a nice week!

by Turska

I also ment to say:thank you again.

Travel Tips for Milan

CASA GALIMBERTI

by draguza

For those who love "Art-Noveau", you don't have to miss seeing "Casa Galimberti", a whole building in Liberty Style and decorated with many Ceramic Frescos. The building was built between 1902-1905 by architect G:B. BOSSI

San Gottardo in Corte

by Diana75

Together with the wonderful abside, the stunning belfry of the San Gottardo in Corte church is the only remaining part of the old church of Visconti, built by Pecorari between 1330 and 1336.

The red brick tall belfry is finished by a lodge with small columns and arcades surmounted by a cone.

Discount Shopping on Via Montenapoleone ??!!

by jlee008 about Entrata Libera or D Magazine

Right in the heart of the Golden Triangle on the Via Montenapoleone is a discount designer store...UNBELIEVABLE...but true!!!

Now, I always like a sale and I always like a deal. I also really love couture clothes, I just rather spend my couture money on traveling than buying clothes. So I am a hound when it comes to finding sales and discount shopping.

The clothes here are often samples, seconds, or past year items...but if you live in America (like me!!) you are behind a year anyway...so you will be right in style!!! Besides, just buy what you like anyway!!! They also have American, British, and Japanese designers. I think that the American designed clothing was more expensive there than what I can find in the States...so I don't recommend those items as a good buy. Clothes, shoes, accessories...whatever you can find in your size!! 50-70% off of designer retail prices

Loolapaloosa

by Star_Dust

Loolapaloosa
dancing on the bar and tables!!!!

It's crazy fun!!!

ALWAYS crowded!!!!! wear good shoes: the smaller the heel of your shoes, the better!! you do NOT want to fall off a table (it hurt!)

Eurotram

by CliffClaven

It looks like something from some futuristic movie but it is in fact a Eurotram. Milan is only the second city - after Strasbourg - to introduce these high-tech rail vehicles. Along with the city's subway system, they provide an easy way to get around. No need to dice with death against the Milanesi in their Fiats who all think they are Michael Schumacher in his Ferrari.
(photo credit Adri Bosetti)

Comments