Hotel Monopole

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

• johngayton's Profile Photo

Suited Me Perfectly

I booked this hotel for two separate visits, at both ends of a trip to Bergamo, on the basis of proximity to the Central Railway Station and for being relatively inexpensive. It turned out ideal on both of these counts.

On my first night's arrival i got a friendly welcome and was given the option of a room upgrade from standard single to a double - with the warning that the double was at the front of the hotel and may be a bit noisy. Personally i love a bit of street noise when I'm staying in a city centre hotel - it adds personality!

Anyway my room turned out fine - very slightly scruffy but immaculately clean. WiFi worked, the bed was comfortable, breakfast well worth getting up for and the public spaces really quite elegant.

Unique Quality: Whilst as hotels go this was nothing particularly remarkable I was tho' very impressed by the general level of service.

As previously mentioned I got an upgrade on my first visit, albeit with the street noise caveat. When I checked out it was no problems leaving my luggage in the secure luggage room for the afternoon and I got a cheery "Arrividerci!" after picking it up.

On my second visit, a couple of days late,r I arrived just after noon expecting to be too early for check-in but intending to leave my bag and check-in later. The receptionist remebered me and it turned out my room was ready - same room as last time - and I moved straight in.

Once again on check-out I left my luggage until that evening -- no problems again and once again got a cheery farewell.

All in all pretty much perfect.

Directions: Just off the Piazza Quatro Novembre, about 100 metres from Central Station.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Near the station

We read lots of comments about this hotel, one it was the one that says that the hotel is nice if you´re are in the new area. Well we stayed in the new area and it was fantastic. The recepcionist gave us the chance to choose the room between the first and seventh floor, we chose the seventh one. The room was very nice, modern and functional and the best was the bathroom and the shower (wish have one, ji ji). There is a computer with free internet conection on the lounge, to use it you have to ask in reception for a password and the give you. They have a locker room to leave your luggage the day of the check out. The breakfast is in continental style, toas, cereals, fruit, cakes.....the only problem is the breakfast room is tiny only 7 table for a hotel with 50 rooms aprox, we had to wait for a free table and next day we had it on the lounge. All staff very nice and helpfull. Our stay in the hotel was very good we repeat it again if we goin to Milan again.

Leimos muchos comentarios sobre este hotel tanto buenos como malos. Nuestra estancia fue fenomenal nos dieron a elegir habitación entre la 1 y la 7 planta, elegimos la 7 para estar mas tranquila y nos pusieron en el area nueva del hotel. La habitación es nueva con decoración moderna y lo mejor es el baño por lo menos para mi, no veía la hora de llegar y ducharme. Tienes conexión gratuita a internet en una sala contigua a la de desayunos, para ello tienes que pedir en recepción el pasword, también tienen consigna para dejar las maletas el día que dejas el hotel. El desayuno es continental, tostadas, bollería, embutidos, cereales....etc, el único problema es la sala de desayunos, solo tiene 6 o 7 mesas y para un hotel de bastantes habitaciones no lo veo muy suficiente, o nos ibamos a desayunar al salon donde está el ordenador o teniamos que esperar a que se vaciara una mesa.Por lo demas todo perfecto, si vuelvo a Milán seguro que me quedo en este hotel.

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo

Convenient, near the train station

This is a 3-star hotel that offers comfortable rooms with air conditioning. It is conveniently located near the train station. It offers a very good Italian morning breakfast that is included in your room. You can deposit your luggage at the hotel instead of the train station.

Directions: Exit from the west side of the train station, turn to the far right, hotel on the street.

Comments