Via Paganini 6, Milan, Italy

Venere.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Hotel Paganini

Although this hotel has been recommended by Frommer's, and is located in a nice quiet area of town, it has degenerated due to family problems with the owners. It is about 60 euro bed only, and has the added inconvenience of being locked at nightime and you do not get a key. A bit of a worry as to get breakfast early, one of you has to go out to PAM, the local supermarket to get something to eat, and the other has to stay back to open the double locked doors.
    It was getting run down the first time I was there, and although room number 6 is quiet that is all it has to recommend it.
    The bathroom across the hall needs major work.
    I have stayed there twice, and just couldn't handle a third time. I would recommend the Hotel Puccini near the Lima Metro or the Hotel Buenos Aries just across the street near the Porto Venezia stop. These are about 100 euro.

Directions: Near the Loreto metro stop.

More about Hotel Paganini

by Foz1 about Hotel

The bathroom across the hall needs major work.

ricotta pizza, I'm salivating!ricotta pizza, I'm salivating!

Santa Maria delle GrazieSanta Maria delle Grazie

Parked bicycles on a narrow sidewalkParked bicycles on a narrow sidewalk

JuVe vs MilaNJuVe vs MilaN

by Laurina

hmmm, guess this might have happened lots of times, but I left my lap top at security check at Malpensa Airport in Milan. Would anyone have any ideas how to try and locate it? It's an old one, nothing fancy, so I figure I might have a chance! thanks, Laurina PS Heeeeeeelp!

by kiwi

When this happened to us, I got online and found a phone number of the baggage counter of the resident airline, and they helped a lot.
Using that reasoning, I have found this page, I recommend you call the number for "Left Baggage" ASAP and explain your situtation and they will help I am sure.

by effeti

Look also here: http://www.sea-aeroportimilano.it/en/servizi/contatta/index.phtml?mod=numutili&to=sx_contact

and here

Good luck (and stop banging your head on the wall!)
Francesco

by Laurina

Thank Kiwi and Francesco...I followed the links you gave me and in the end...SUCCESS! I was able to retrive my laptop, am using it right now. Mille grazie, Laura

by kiwi

Oh great stuff!!!! But isn't it amazing how often this happens. I flew about 10 days ago and walked away without my laptop, but thankfully you and your story hit my brainwaves and I ran back for it. I somehow don't think this will be the last time, I'll have to pay particular attention in future. Thanks for getting back to us. Just shows how precious our laptops are to us :-))

by effeti

Wow, TWO happy endings in a row! That's always good.
Thanks for reporting.. We all need good news, even if for small things.
Ciao
Francesco

Travel Tips for Milan

Eataly food hall

by fgfi

In the basement of Coin Department Store you can find the Eataly food hall, a concept devised by Oscar Farinetti inspired by the experiences of the Slow Food movement, with a very wide selection of DOP products from the best Italian food traditions. The main shop is in Turin.

P.zza 5 Giornate 1/A
Tram 29, 30, 2, 27 - Bus 60

Lun.-Mon/Ven.-Fri.10 -20 h.;
Sab./Sat. 10-20.30 h.;
Dom./Sun. e festivi/holidays 11-20 h.

Fresh fruits and vegetables

by Diana75

The Italians love the fresh fruits and vegetables and small shops can be found all over the town.

These are the kind of shops where one can find a wide variety of fruits (apples, pears, cherries, bananas, kiwi, ecc.) and vegetables at affordable prices.

I have found the two shops in the pictures near Porta Ticinese in an open market but also near San Sempliciano church.

A new hip place - full of ice

by Henrik_rrb about The icebar

This is actually a place I haven’t been to yet, since it’s very new and very hip (i.e impossible to get into for us normally deadly people…). The icebar (yes, the whole bar is built in ice) is situated close to the San Siro-area, although I’m not sure of the address. Go to Piazza Lotto (metro red line, station Lotto) and take a taxi from there. Shouldn’t be many minutes by foot neither.

But make sure you make a reservation first, and a long time in advance, otherwise there is no way you’ll get in. Haven't been there, but I suppose you won't get inside wearing t-shirt and shorts...

Airports in the Milan area

by Henrik_rrb

There are three bigger airports around Milan. The biggest one is Malpensa, where aeroplanes from all over the world comes and goes.
There are two terminals, with the trains and busses going to the international one. If you're going to take a national flight there will be shuttle busses that takes you there.
From Malpensa you can either take the bus (which starts right outside the airport). There are a number of different companies, so you will almost always find a bus that goes away quickly. Prices range from 4,50 euro to 5,50 euro for a one-way-trip. The busses stops outside the central station, "Stazione centrale" in Milan. The trip takes one hour.
You can also take the "Malpensa Express" which is the train. Costs 11 euro one-way, but goes 15 minutes faster than the bus. The train stops at the second biggest train station in Milan, Cadorna station.
I would guess that a taxi from Malpensa to somewhere around 70-90 euro. Not worth it, if you ask me. Better then to take the bus/train to the city center, and from there a taxi to your hotel if you're unsure where it is.

The second airport is Linate, which is quite much smaller. It's also much closer to the city center. A taxi goes for 15-20 euro one way. There are also busses that goes to the central station, or local busses that goes to San Babila, the bus stop next to the Duomo. That ticket costs 1 euro. For a shuttle bus I would think the ticket price is about 3-5 euro.

If you go with Ryanair (Among the destinations Barcelona, Paris, London, Frankfurt) you will come to the airport outside Bergamo. It's as close to Milan centre as Malpensa, so there is no difference. From Orario De Serio you take the bus to either Bergamo or Milan. Takes an hour to Milan, and the trip costs about 7-8 euro if I'm not mistaken.

Comments