Ibis Centro Hotel

Gillybob's Profile Photo

Great for a short stay!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 9, 2012

This hotel was our 'bed for the night' on a one-night stay in Milan. Fellow VTer (and oft travel-friend) Suvanki had made all the arrangements as we were staying there for a Bruce Springsteen concert which was taking place during our post-EurMeet travel around. To ensure a concert ticket, Sue bought a package which include the concert ticket and the stay at this hotel.

We arrived before check-in time and were able to make use of the hotel's luggage room to leave our bags and enable us to take a walk around the area. The luggage room is controlled entry (you must request access at reception and are accompanied into the room) and you are issued with a ticket for your luggage items and this must be produced to remove them or to access them whilst still within the room.

Our twin room was adequate in size with twin beds, small wardrobe (would have been inadequate for the two of us for a longer stay) and a small desk.

The room was provided with an en suite shower room which included dispensed shower gel/liquid soap.

Room rates include a buffet breakfast which offers a wide selection of continental-style items, including fruit, cereals, bread, pastries, as well as some hot items.

Unique Quality: The hotel offers an excellent breakfast buffet and is within reasonable walking distance of Milano Centrale train station.

The hotel is popular with tourists and business people alike.

Directions: This hotel can be accessed within easy walking distance of tram line 5 (Tunisia Lazzaretto station) or underground lines 1 (Porta Venezia station) or 3 (Piazza Republica station). See website below for further information.

Benson35's Profile Photo

Clean, basic, good stay

by written on January 29, 2012

The hotel was about a 20 minute walk from the train station. It has a welcoming reception area and the bar area is comfortable. The staff greet you with a smile and it's easy to find your room.
Between the six of us we had two twin rooms and a double. We were all in and out of each others rooms. I found the rooms spacious - the six of us could fit in one if some sat on the bed as we all met in one room for a quick drink before we went out in search of a pub/bar!
I was happy with the level of cleanliness. The bathroom was of adequate size and had everything needed.
Good selection for breakfast (buffet style). We were able to sit as a group of six which was nice. There was a snack menu at the bar which included small pizzas and sandwiches, then of course room service along with the extra charge for the service.
The bar in the hotel charged a little over the odds and my Dad and I wern't happy as they had ran out of Bacardi!! So a couple of pints of San Miguel it was!

Unique Quality: The service.
When we found out that our flight had been cancelled due to snow and ice, the staff bend over backwards to help us, including making phone calls which would have cost us money, searching the internet for us and printing off boarding passes. They also offered us rooms for the discount price that we had booked previously over the internet.
When you go away for a specific period of time, your last day comes money is limited, so the help we got was brilliant.

eleonorrigby's Profile Photo

good hotel in walking distance from Milano Central

by written on September 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel in September 2010, on the way from Venice to Malpensa Airport. As the train arrived from Venice to Milano Stazione Centrale station, I decided to book a hotel within walking distance of it (approximately 20 minutes). At the front desk are several people, so the check-in is fast. The room is not large, but, however, adequate. Standard bathroom with shower. The only negative - the shower-tub is installed at the podium, that is above floor level. This can be forgotten when you come out of the shower, and can be a cause of the fall. The room had an Wi-Fi access . The hotel's got a restaurant; breakfast ,served here was great. But for dinner, I forced to stand in a long queue, and the service was extremely slow.

It is quite convenient to get to Cadorna railway station from the hotel(there is an airport Malpensa express) by the tram number 1, it's stop is near the hotel. Tickets can be purchased at the corner of viale Tunisia and via Lazzaretto (stop Lazzaretto Tunisia) in the shop Edicola. By the same tram also you can reach Duomo, you should get off at S. Margherita Scala stop (theater La Scala)and go through the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.

Elainehead's Profile Photo

Close to Corso Buenos Aires and Stazione Centrale

by written on December 4, 2007

Just stayed here at this 3-star hotel because there was a special price for a twin room (59 Euros). Of course, there was a catch... you had to pay it in advance (credit card was charged right away). I doubt it I would find anything cheaper than that in another hotel from the same category, so I took this opportunity. The hotel is close to Corso Buenos Aires and Stazione Centrale.

We were advised not to park on that street, so we parked our car in the hotel's garage (24 hrs = 20 Euros).

Our room was number 151 on the first floor, on the blue building (or something like that). The window view was the street on the side of the building. I was afraid it would be noisy because there's a parking space there, but it wasn't that bothersome.

PROS: Clean, hairdryer, liquid soaps, flat screen TV.

CONS: Bed cover a bit worn, running toilet, no alarm clock, no tea/coffee maker in room, shower box a bit small.

About the running toilet, we asked to have it fixed. It looked to be fixed after we got back, but it re-started after flushing.

Despite the running toilet, I think we would stay here again, especially if we are coming by train.

Unique Quality: Close to Corso Buenos Aires and Stazione Centrale.

Directions: Nearest metro station: Repubblica (M3)

How To Get To This Hotel

Marionbcn's Profile Photo

IBIS

by written on August 10, 2007

I go to Milano very often for work, and always say at this hotel, its near corso buenos aires, where there's lots of restaurants and cafes, and stores, and its walking distance from the DUOMO, and the area where fancy boutiques are located.

baronedivandastad's Profile Photo

True disappointment

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 30, 2005

I can't understand how this hotel makes any business at all in Milan. Well, actually I do: the city is seriously short of hotel rooms during the numerous trade and fashion fairs that it hosts, and therefore low quality inns like this one can afford to charge rip-off prices to unaware visitors like me.

When I arrived I knew that this French chain does not top ranks concerning service and general comfort. My expectations were met. I had to wait a while for check-in since they had three clerks serving people with surnames starting in different letter ranges, with the result that the A-G attendant was reading a magazine and the H-P had three people waiting in queue.

When I did manage to get helped, the man on the other side was pretty rude, and did not ask me which sort of room I wanted. Then he asked for my credit card and pre-authorized 700 euros (?!?) despite that my booking had been done by my (well-known and respectable) company. When I received my key I wasn't told where the lifts are, and only later discovered there was three sets of them, obviously located in different directions. The lifts are not accessible by disabled people as you have to climb stairs.

The room was small, cramped, dark and depressing. The bed was very small and I did not sleep well. Aircon setup still remains a mystery to me (that holds true for most Italian hotels, unfortunately).

I made a point of never ever returning to the place. Oh, by the way it was also very expensive. Don't go.

Unique Quality: Jolly Machiavelli is right opposite, so you can change quickly.

Directions: Not far from porta Venezia. Doesn't deserve a picture.

Nearby Ibis Centro Hotel

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Milan Travel Forum

Need advice about Milan, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Milan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Milan hotel reviews

Navigli
Don't be scared: 2014 update
Trains to Milan from Malpensa Airport
Transportation
Good value, friendly staff, full of Italians.....
TAKE CARE IN THE METRO IN MILAN