Milan Hotels

Our Members Say

• lynnehamman profile photo lynnehamman
  • Reviews: 412

Sheraton Malpensa: Handy for a very early flight

We only spent one night here ....
We had a very early flight out of Milan (7am) and decided to be close to Malpensa.
Well, one cannot get closer.........its actually INSIDE Malpensa Airport building. So only steps away to check in.
The hotel is of course fairly new, modern and bright. It has everything necessary including restuarant, Internet alcove with free WiFi, tea and coffee making facilities (& barfridge) in the room.
Our check in went smoothly and service was efficient.
Its not cheap.
There are a number of different types of rooms- starting at at 139Euros- however, as it was our last night in Italy we decided to splash out a bit. We took a "Club" room, which gave us access to a lounge/diningroom with free meals and drinks. (similar to Airlines lounges, but much wider variety of food)
My single complaint was that the air-con (in the lounge) was not working properly, and it was very hot, However, I am sure that this was a temporary breakdown and is now fixed.
We paid 199 Euros for the one night. Worth it in my opinion, not to have to get up very very early and hurry all the way to Malpensa.
The foyer of hotel is very tastefully furbished, with and entrance to the actual airport

There are boards up in the entrance foyer with up to date flight info- no need to hang around if your flight is delayed. Relax and enjoy the ambiance of the hotel.
Food was very high quality
The very large well lit bathroom- spotlessly clean
The extra large bed- and crispy linen
Easy to reach hotel- we used Malpensa Express previous afternoon to Malpensa Airport where the hotel is

• Related to: Business Travel, Arts and Culture, Museum Visits
  • Written March 3, 2013

Our Club Room

• gordonilla profile photo gordonilla
  • Reviews: 1590

Milan Marriott Hotel: A few nights in Milan

This was a short visit, but I have to say that I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff were friend,y, but they had some strange linguistic expressions.

If you were a man, they referred to you as "Mister"......"hello Mister, have you ordered Mister?" and if you were a woman, you were referred to as "lady"! Apart from that they provided excellent customer service.

There was a good and quite palatial restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Good menu available throughout the day. They seem to be a good venue for large scale meetings and conferences.

The one negative I think was that I tried to order some coffee from room service at about midnight and this caused some problems, as that service finishes at about 22.30. They did finally bring coffee, I had asked for a pot but was brought an espresso.

• Written December 15, 2012

Street Signage

• Mikebb profile photo Mikebb
  • Reviews: 1928

Starhotels E.C.H.O. Milano: Modern Refurbished Hotel, Central Station

We enjoyed our 5 day stay at this hotel. The room had been fully refurbished to a very high standard as the photos show. Airconditioning was efficient and silent, refrigerator and kettle all as new.

An excellent bed and a beautiful bathroom pleased my wife. Included in the price was breakfast buffet.

Located 3 minute walk from Central Railway station it was ideal for our day trips to Lake Como and other cities.

• Related to: Seniors, Family Travel, Trains
  • Written December 7, 2012

Staehotels ECHO - Our Modern Room

• ettiewyn profile photo ettiewyn
  • Reviews: 530

B&B Villa Melchiorre: Budget accommodation in Milan

This review starts with the negative things, and then mentions the positive things!

When we were looking for accommodation in Milan, we were quite happy to find B&B Villa Melchiorre, as we were a little late with our booking and they had a good rate. We payed 30€ per person per night for a double room without ensuite, including breakfast. Although the reviews were mixed, the pictures and description on their website were promising, so we were excited when we arrived. However, at first we were very disappointed. There were neither air-condition nor a TV in the room, as stated on the website - when I asked about this, the receptionist simply said that they were renovating the building and that this was the reason. He gave us a fan instead, which was ok. (Please note that usually I don't care about a TV in my room, we had just hoped to catch up on the olympics on the evenings.)
Our room was on ground level, and the door was directly opposite of the reception. We had no ensuite, but the shared bathroom, which is usually not a problem for us, however, being in front of reception meant that we had to walk right across there to get to the bathroom, which took a great deal away form our privacy...
The real blow, though, was that we could not pay by credit card. Both the website of the B&B as well as booking.com said that credit card payment was offered, but it was not (again with a shabby excuse, namely that they were changing their bank). The thing that annoyed me was that on the very morning I had exchanged an email with them because of our late arrival, so they could simply have told me to bring cash, but they didn't, so in the end we had to treck to the nearest ATM the next morning and get the amount of cash, which meant a heavy fee from my bank and was simply something that could easily have been avoided.

The B&B is located at a very large street and therefore the noise is HUGE, sleeping without earplugs is not possible at all, and when we were talking to each other with the windows open we sometimes had to yell. I found this not a problem, but thought I should mention it to others.
The room itself was somewhat spartan, we had two single beds, one desk, one chair and one mirror as well as a small side table. While the website says that the rooms are modern, I found it somewhat too dark and dull.
The rooms were cleaned daily and were very clean indeed, I only wished that they had exchanged the sheets - we stayed for five nights, and while the beds were made everyday, the sheets and pillowcases were not exchanged, which I don't find so nice especially in a hot summer.

As I said, we had a shared bathroom, and this was spotless clean every time I went there. This really is a HUGE plus! The shower was a bit too hot, but still ok, and there were always free shower gels and shampoos.

Breakfast is served on the first floor. There is a sideboard where you can get tea, coffee and juice, and there are plates prepared, you just take a plate and take it to your table. As you can see in the picture, each plate had toast and rusk, a croissant, a small portion of jam, a small pot of yoghurt, a small portion of butter, and a small portion of Nutella. It is nothing fancy, but I thought it was absolutely ok. You can sit inside to have your breakfast, but there are also a few tables and seats on the balcony. We found this a lovely place to have breakfast - the balcony overlooks the busy street, but as it is quite high within the building, the noise and air are ok, and there are many trees which makes it a nice place.

With one exception, all the staff we met were very friendly and helpful, and spoke enough English to get by and talk about the basic things concerning our stay. The entrance to the B&B has a security camera, and there is someone sitting at reception 24h, so we felt very safe here.
The location is also good, it is only a two minutes walk from the nearest metro stop (Sondrio), and a fifteen minutes walk to Milano Centrale. The area is a little dodgy, but we found it great to be so close to public transport, and again - you can't beat the low price!

Altogether, although I have written many negative things, I found this B&B totally ok for the low price we paid. For 30€ a night you cannot complain! If you are looking for budget accommodation, and basically just for a clean room and bathroom without any luxuries, you will be ok here. For us it was the right choice because we did not want to go to a hostel, but still did not want to pay much.

* Very, very clean, which I did not expect in such an accommodation with a shared bathroom.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 17, 2012
Tip Photo

• yumyum profile photo yumyum
  • Reviews: 2683

Mini Hotel Aosta: Hotel Aosta

I chose the Hotel Aosta which belongs to the Gruppo MiniHotel because it is located right by the Central Railway station. Take the exit to the left and cross the road and you are right in front of the hotel. Very convenient.

We got a room to the back. We paid Euro 90.00 for the double including breakfast. The room was not very large but was comfortable for a night and also the bathroom was good. Everything was clean.

The breakfast is on the top floor in buffet style and quite good for Italy. I had yoghurt, cereals and bread, juice and tea if I remember correctly. But the best thing is that you can go out to the terrace to enjoy the view on the railway station and the big square with the highrise buildings.

The checking in and out process was fairly straight forward. We booked via booking.com.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 11, 2012

Hotel Aosta by night

• savanw profile photo savanw

Hotel Berna: Hotel Berna - Milan

This was my 3rd trip to Milan and first trip to the Hotel Berna. I was very impressed with the staff and especially their marketing approach. Very personalized and well done. I will stay there again and actually rebooked for later in my trip schedule. The rooms are well maintained and a good size (even the single I was in) as well as the double my sister and brother-in-law had in the same hotel. The breakfast was amazingly well done and one of the nicest I have seen in Italy (I lived in Italy 10 years).

Free internet and lots of amenities too numerous to note. This is a 4 star hotel for 3 star prices, which I feel exceeded many of the 5 star hotels I have seen in terms of sophisicated marketing (publicity items as well as check in information) and exceptional staffing! I will stay at this hotel each time I fly into Milan or visit.

Staffing, publicity, free coffee/tea during day, papers, nice bar set up.plus outstanding breakfast.

• Related to: Seniors, Singles, Women's Travel
  • Written May 21, 2012

• TrendsetterME profile photo TrendsetterME
  • Reviews: 491

Crivi's Hotel, Milano, Italy

The location of the Hotel is in the historic part of the City, and as u follow the tram line on foot, its about 15 mins walk to Duomo. I reached Hotel from Linate Airport in about 30 mins, but in case u land at Malpensa Airport, might take some longer time ...

Due to good location, hotel is mostly full, so thats why they keep their prices high up, actually should be not so much but as said they dont seem like having problems w occupancy ....

Rooms are large, bed and pillows comfortable, but very basic furnitures, after paying such Euros, its normal to expect more in the room ... :) Aircondition is noisy bur works well, breakfast is so so, could be more sorted and coffee should be better in a land of coffee as Italy .....

Still recommendable Hotel, as said, being in walking distance to major spots and attractions of Milano ...

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Architecture, Museum Visits, Historical Travel
  • Written February 20, 2012

Crivi's Hotel, Milano, Italy

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

Novotel Milano Nord Ca Granda: 3-4 Star Hotel in Milano

The room is nice and the tram is walking distance (if you like to walk, it should not be a problem). However, if you travel alone, going home late at night may be a problem because it is not really in the centre of the city and it is dark along the way. During the day, it's quite nice though. The restaurant is not open till late so I starved when I arrived that evening from the airport.

Staff are friendly. Room is very well taken care of. Restaurant has professional staff who will really serve you with excellent service. Food is great.

• Written September 18, 2011

view near the hotel

• BLewJay profile photo BLewJay
  • Reviews: 600

Hilton Milan Hotel: Near the main transportation hub

We were looking for a hotel which was nice but also near the train station so that we would have easy transportation access to the different places we wanted to visit. The Hilton fit the bill on all accounts. We had been studying Italian for nine weeks before our trip, so when we checked in, it was one of our first opportunities to use the language.

We are tired of course after the long flight from California, plus its very warm outside but we give it our best try, we say "Buon giorno signor, Come sta"? He answers us in Italian...and we understand!!! YEAH!!!!! Our response is, "Siamo Barry e Lauriejeanne Haynes. Abbiamo una prenotazione per oggi e domani". The front desk is delighted, pleased and a bit surprised that we are carrying on a conversation in Italian, but they all have huge smiles on their faces. We have made friends for sure!!!

Needless to say, it pays to attempt to speak the local language as it can pay huge dividends. We didn't get a room upgrade, but we did get access to the Executive Lounge for snacks and drinks, free wireless access in the lounge as well as countless tips on places to go, restaurants to visit and the quickest way to get to these attractions. And when we didn't know the Italian term or word, all of the employees were eager to help use the correct pronunciation.

Luckily for us, we had enough Hilton Honors Points to obtain three free nights at this wonderful hotel. The guest accommodations were well furnished and modern, the Executive Lounge was light and airy and stocked with just about everything you would need for "happy hour", and the gym had all of the modern amenities you would need to get a work out. The reception area was welcoming and the restaurant (which we used for breakfast) was well stocked with meats, eggs, breads, pastries, cereals, fruits, veggies and drinks.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written September 7, 2011

Our hotel room

• leffe3 profile photo leffe3
  • Reviews: 2258

Idea Hotel Milano Centrale: Cool and close to Centrale

Just a few minutes walk from Centrale station, but far away to avoid the 'grunge' of a central station, Idea Hotel Milano Centrale is a cool, hip 3 star hotel in a street of many hotels.

Contemporary, friendly, a decent breakfast served on the mezzanine of the entrance foyer and an entrance to the Metro virtually outside the door.

Rooms are comfortable with HUGE beds. There's a lack of drawer space and the showers are renowned for flooding (easily remedied - simply point the shower head away from the shower door and do not put the water on at full force - the 'lip' of the shower floor is too shallow) but other than that, very impressed - centrally controlled a/c results in a hotel of perfect temperature.

It's worth paying the extra few euros for the larger rooms and the extra space.

In a street of approximately 10 hotels in a row, the Milano Centrale certainly seemed to be the coolest of them all.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written August 4, 2011
Tip Photo

• brucomela profile photo brucomela

Rent OK: Short term rentals in Milan

Friends of mine came to visit me last time in may and they booked a short term rental with Rent OK. They chose a 2 bedrooms fully furnished flat near underground. Staff and Mr. Bruno in particular, was very kind with them and gave help to find best accomodation for their needs.

I've found rent OK on google, searching for an accomodation for my friends coming from abroad. It's quite a particular solution for people who needs to live in Milan for business or leisure. As I've suggested, Milan is perfect for a short visit, doesn't deserve more than 1-2 days of your travel, rent Ok is perfect for short term rentals. They can provide different solutions for residence in Milan, in fully furnished apartments where you can live Milan, not just stay there. I think they allow more privacy and comfort than hotel room and Mr. Bruno is very kind.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Singles, Travel with Pets, Business Travel
  • Written June 23, 2011

• Lorenzorossi70 profile photo Lorenzorossi70

Residence Zumbini Rooms: Close to Iulm University in Milan

As a former IULM student (www.iulm.it) on the faculty of communication, public relations and advertising, i used to stay in student apartments and lead my parents to the closest residence Zumbini Rooms (www.zumbinirooms.com). It is not in the center of the city, but in a quiet area, far from the dangerous Stazione Centrale (to be avoided at all costs, especially young women)

• Related to: Work Abroad, School Holidays, Study Abroad
  • Written April 7, 2011

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

Hotel Ibis Milano Centro: Three-Star Hotel in Milano

Check-in was fast and pleasant. Breakfast was nice. Left luggage service. Check-out was fast and pleasant. Room was very clean and quiet.

The hotel is near a metro station (Republique) and it was convenient to go to the city centre (cathedral/malls) and back. The bar is nice, the cafe is friendly. And best of all - the price is right.

• Written January 18, 2011

• Herkbert profile photo Herkbert
  • Reviews: 513

Hotel Regina Milano: Nice hotel in a good location

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Regina. It's a small, charming European hotel that is reasonably-priced and located in Central Milan. A hotel like this isn't always easy to find, but we did!

The hotel, as well as our room was clean and full of charm and character. The lobby looked very grand with its chandelier and vaulted ceiling. Staff were polite and helpful as I practiced my broken Italian, but luckily they also spoke English. There is a bar in the lobby and they have a free computer available for your use. Wifi is also available for a reasonable charge.

Our room was located on the fifth floor (503) and was spacious with multiple windows which made it bright and airy - good cross ventilation! It was clean, nicely appointed and had two large storage cabinets one of which contained a digital safe. The bathroom was large, clean and had a window.

The Duomo is only a 10 minute stroll away, passing numerous restaurants, clothing shops and patisseries along the way. Trams stop just outside the hotel and the Metro can be joined at the Duomo. There is also a grocery store just down the street if you want snacks and don't like mini-bar prices.

We enjoyed our stay and would stay again.

• Related to: Photography, Architecture, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 20, 2010

Hotel Regina facade

• AusPinay profile photo AusPinay
  • Reviews: 583

Hotel Milano Corso de Genova: Ancient Outside, Modern Inside

This is a fabulous place as the interiors are so impressive. Lots of artistic decors, modern and very cosmopolitan furnishings!

We were pleasantly surprised as the reception as always in Italy seems to be very businesslike. You cannot feel any sense of warmth when you talk to them. This is our experienced anywhere we went in Italy sadly!

The small dinign area was modern too and cosy. Food was fine but the sweets were a bit tasting stale for me- especailly the cakes which look nice but tasted dry and crumbly, etc..But the other brekky food was great- especially the brioches which I have learned to enjoy in Italy! The hot food which wasn't much was still good!

modern decor, nicely located, in a quiet place but still near the city centre, clean facilities

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Arts and Culture, Museum Visits
  • Written May 23, 2010
Tip Photo

enjoying the brekky at the hotel

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful