Miami Hotel Milan

Via Nuova Rivoltana 98, Milan, 20090, Italy

More about Milan

close up of the walls aroundclose up of the walls around

Sant AmbrogioSant Ambrogio

3. Cyclists near the castle3. Cyclists near the castle

Waiting to shop HOGANWaiting to shop HOGAN

A guided tour through Milan

by avestm

We're visiting Milan on the 18th of april with 10 adults ( age 40-50).
We like to know what we have to see or like to be guided by someone who lives in Milan, through beautiful Milan.

Re: A guided tour through Milan

by Paisleypaul

I would suggest Milan is a pleasantly negotiable city to visit with undergounds buses trains and taxis.
What I do recommend you do is, block book to see Da Vinci's Il Cenacolo/ Last Supper mosaic. It is booked full a good bit in advance and on our visit there nearly 3 years back we failed to see it. Gives us something to go back for - but you should book online via
Enjoy Milan

Paul

Re: A guided tour through Milan

by ourworld

I can't answer for the guide, but I live in Milan and I can tell you what you have absolutely to see.
First of all, of course :-), the Duomo (Cathedral).
I suggest you also Santa Maria delle Grazie and Leonardo's last supper (for this you have to do a reservation because in this way you are sure to enter for visit it).
You can also go in the Navigli area, and last but not least I suggest you the San Babila zone (Via Montenapoleone...)that is near to the Duomo, in this way you can do them together.
And if you want and have time, Corso Buenos Aires for shopping.
Enjoy yourself in Milan!
Ciao ciao
Sara

Travel Tips for Milan

Gli Milanesi Hanno Stile, Questo è Sicuro.

by Krystynn

Yes, the Milanesi have got style, that's a fact!

Er, I know some people will disagree with me but really, the Italians by nature are born with style - with a capital 'S'.

When an Italian has Euros in his bank - preferably banking with Unicredito Italiano... my favorite bank ;-) he can enter another realm of the style universe. Well, the Italian PM, Silvio Berlusconi oozes with charisma and is without a doubt the best dressed head of state in the world. (Relax OK. He didn't bribe me to write this about him).

It won't be long before Ermenegildo Zegna Uomo Moda line names an exclusive clothing range after him! ;-) Zegna sells the best tailored suits for men in the world. You can fish a man in a Zegna suit a mile away. Yes, well-tailored suits sure maketh a man. I have so many fond memories of Milan and no amount of adjectives can fully describe this fabulous city and my feelings for this place. Should I start writing, I'll surely rave on about Milan... and VT would soon ban me from over-writing (!!).

Forza Milan!

by Krystynn

When Milan beat Liverpool FC and won the UEFA Champion's League trophy for the SEVENTH time in May 2007, the entire city of Milan erupted into joy and wild celebration! The celebration lasted for a whole week. And upon the team's return from Athens, they paraded the Cup at Piazza Duomo (please see photo). So if you happen to be in Milan that week, perhaps shopping at the Galleria and wondering what the frenzy was all about - now you know why.

I heard that Inter tifosi (read: Inter soccer fans) left the city that same week and drowned their sorrows in some faraway pubs! :-) Sorry, I can't wait to rub it in.

Top design

by Stylist about Versace, Roberto Cavalli, Prada, Armani

The top designers of Italy has their head quarter here in Milan. It is obligatoric to take a visit to their mainstore. if you dont buy anything at least its worth looking. everything you can affore. the dresses from Versace are wonderful. or what about a lepard-printed coat from Cavalli? a lot

Elegant bar close to the Duomo

by Henrik_rrb about Victoria Café

Victoria Café is a very classic and popular pub close to the Duomo-area. It’s probably the most elegant pub I’ve visited in Milan, and I’ve seen a few… ;)

Could be trouble to find an empty table during some hours, specially during the aperitivo-time, but also later on the night. But when you do, it’s worth the waiting.

To every table goes a basket with popcorn, and it’s refilled everytime it’s empty, at least as long as there still is something in your glass…

The music is very good, although sometimes loud – so it could be a problem to speak in a normal tone.

Victoria Café has something extra, which also means that “the finer” VIP-people of Milan goes there.

Open 17-03 every day except Sundays.
Although I’m quite sure I celebrated the Scudetto of Milan last year here, and that must have been a Sunday…? Might have been Monday morning at that time, so that’s maybe why it was open…? :)

The biggest problem with this bar is to find it, at least for me. Go to La Scala, and then try to get behind the big opera. And then to the left you should find Victoria Café. You won’t have any problems finding it, it’s only me…

They have 150 chairs in the local, and standing areas for other 50. Although I’m not a big whisky-drinker when I go out they have a huge collection of different whiskies here.
Normal, for Milan, prices on their drinks and beers. Dress normal.

Transportation tickets

by Diana75

An ordinary transportation ticket in Milan is valid on buses, trams and subway and it costs EUR 1-.

The ticket is valid for 75 minutes from the first validation and allows the traveler to use as many buses and trams as he needs but only one journey on the subway.

The tickets can be bought from the newspapers stands in the subway stations or the Central Station.

Comments