Milan Hilton

Booking.com Orbitz.com Venere.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Steveharley's Profile Photo

Friendly Place

Two nights say at the Hilton in Milan. It’s a hundred metres or so from Centrale station, so easy and not expensive to reach from Malpensa (Malpensa Express to Cardorna and subway to Centrale – total cost €12).

Nice spacious and efficiently air conditioned lounge, Very welcoming and attentive staff, no problem with check in and cases wafted efficiently to my room.

I Stayed in a King room, so quite spacious with a huge bed. Ugly view from the room of the internal space (can’t call it a courtyard) of Air con units and ducting.

Wireless Internet access by Swisscom provided faultless connection for 27 euros per 24 hours, TV channels usual multi lingual stuff – Though I didn’t get round to viewing the movie channel the selection looked comprehensive

Smart and very well managed executive suite on the 8th floor provides more or less round the clock drinks and snacks, CNN news and all the days papers in cool and comfortable surroundings.

I didn’t eat in the Hotel restaurant but did sit for breakfast one morning, Good selection of International offerings in a relaxed atmosphere

Stylish bar just off the main lobby with comfortable seating and quality bar staff. Was still open at midnight

All in all a good Hilton Hotel experience. I will definitely stay there again on my next Milan trip.

Directions: Near to Centrale Station

• weewatty's Profile Photo

Everything you'd expect from a Hilton.

We managed to book into the Hilton Milan for a bargain 25 euros per person per night. The location of the hotel is about 300 yards from the Central Train Station in Milan, this is also where the bus from Bergamo Airport drops off and picks up so was quite handy for us.

The hotel is smartly decorated and looks quite recently re-furbished. The breakfast which was included in the price was nice although the Englich/American part of it was poor as you tend to find in Mainland European Hotels, but the rest was good and well worth getting up for!!

There is a relaxed bar in the reception where we enjoyed a good few pints of Nastro Azzura(a superbly clean tasting local-ish Lager). There is a fitness room which we did not use but no pool.

I would certainly recommend this Hilton as much as any other Hilton, you know your not going to be really let down if you book to stay at a Hilton Hotel, in my experience anyway.

Directions: 300 yard walk from the Central Rail Station

More about Milan Hilton

Great Summerbreak at the Hilton Milan

by TripAdvisor Member Xandu

We stayed at the Hilton in August to enjoy a long Shopping Weekend.

The Hotel has a very good location, very close to the main station and to the main Shopping districts. Concierge and Front Desk Staff are very kind and helpful and Service in the Executive Lounge was just outstanding. Already on the second evening they really gave us the felling of "coming home"!!

The offer an extensive Breakfast Buffet in the morning - no need for Lunch anymore afterward, just great international food. One evening we had also Dinner on side - delicious!!!

Thank you Hilton Milan - we´ll be back very soon!!!

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fredderico

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Milan on 10/23 and 10/24/2006 All aspects of our stay were top notch, especially the front desk personnel, other staff, and the breakfasts. The hotel is a short walk to the Milan Central train station but the hotel is really in a pleasant commercial/office area rather than adjacent the train station. The outstanding Milan Metro is easily reached from the hotel and from this metro station you can reach Milan's attractions rather quickly.

We arrived in Milan in a rainstorm that completely soaked my wife and I and yet, when I saw the smiles of the front desk personnel and the bellhop I knew that I was in a nice hotel. The rooms are of a decent size and nicely furnished. And the breakfasts are served in an especially pleasant room with lots of wood, chrome, art, and excellent lighting. There was lots of very good food, lots of food choices and attentive service. The front desk personnel made two recommendations on restaurants very close to the hotel and both were very nice reasonably priced restaurants with very good food and very good service.

In summary, a nice stay at a reasonable price in a very expensive city for hotels.

Fred from California

OK Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member argatha

I'm an HHonors Diamond VIP, and have stayed in Hilton hotels all over Europe. This is my third stay at the Milan Hilton and I think it is just...average.

The hotel and rooms are dated and the look is tired. Everything is very clean, it just needs refurbishment to live up to the standard I would expect for the price and from a Hilton in a major European city. The beds and pillows are extremely hard and uncomfortable, although they will bring you one of several alternate pillow choices if you call housekeeping (nothing they can/will do about the awful mattresses, though). Even with double paned windows the rooms aren’t quite soundproof, although the worst of the outside noise is muffled.

The location is convenient for the train and airport busses but not very close to the downtown.

I’m also a bit bitter about the room I was given. Both of the other times I have been at this hotel I was given a decent sized room. This time, for the same rate, I got put into a closet. When I complained about the size and location of the first room (directly across from the elevators), they moved me into a different room that is just as small. What, I didn’t tip enough last time? Even though it is on the executive floor there isn’t even enough room for a suitcase rack without moving some of the furniture around.

I will say that Milan has some of the best executive floor services of any of the Hiltons. The breakfast, dinner and dessert selections are top notch and I haven’t bothered with getting breakfast in the main room once. The concierge has made excellent selections for dinners as well.

All in all, if you get a bargain rate there is nothing wrong with this hotel, but I would hesitate paying full price for what you get.

Reliable Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member smjak02

As an HH Honors member I use Hiltons quite a lot.

I have stayed in Milan many times but this was the first time at the Hilton. I knew where it was in relation to the station rather than the Duomo. Similar accommodation to the Hilton nearer the Duomo is dearer. In any case the metro is near and a few stops to Duomo

We arrived by car, Hotel Car Park is not to do with the hotel as such but is integral building wise.

I received an upgrade although the check in was longer than necessary, there was no queue. The Exec lounge is average by Hilton standards. This is the only one I've wished to leave because of the greed, its free, of other guests. Not the hotel's fault.

The room was spacious although internet access at 27e for 24 hours was an unwelcome record in my experience. We had an excellent room service dinner.

Below average Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member Jill7394u48

Reading the other reviews, I'm simply amazed.
Am I just too picky?
We stayed there in the Spring, had asked for connecting rooms, but were tentatively placed in adjoining, not connecting rooms. Did not accept it, of course, and the hotel complied. But still a nuisance, especially since I had repeated my request at check-in and had received an affirmative answer.
The rooms were reasonably comfortable and clean, but below the standards of other Hiltons I've been in.
I had a bad experience at the hotel Restaurant, but maybe I just chose badly. I ended up eating plenty of sand during that meal.
The hotel lobby was the worst aspect of the whole hotel.
It was ugly, had an ugglier (and closed) shop and the furniture was old and extremely dirty. The stains could be seen from the check-in line (since I did not go near those chairs).
I'd never go back.

One of the best business hotels I have used for a meeting venue

by TripAdvisor Member Hoboken Traveller

I hold meetings for my company around Eruope and I have to say that this was one of the best business properties I have ever stayed in.

The meeting facilities are spacious and bright. The hotel staff could not do enough to help, they were courteous to everyone and went out of their way to respond to any question or needs.

The bedrooms were very comfortable and clean and the hotel gym had more equipment in it than I have seen for a while.

The two restaurants the hotel concierge recommended were lovely Nabucco and Di berti's. He also proposed a good walking route around town that was an excellent recommendation.

The hotel food was superb with good variety.

Highly receommeneded for either vacations or business events. Our event was 28 people with one main conference room and then 5 breakout rooms.

Wonderful Hilton Property!!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingASAP

This is a wonderful Hilton property very close to the Milan Central Train Station. It is a 5-minute walk from the train station to the hotel. Also, you can catch the Malpensa Express bus from this train station for 5 Euros to the airport. The bus leaves every 20 minutes, but be sure to get off at the right airline terminal as terminal 1 is a cab ride from terminal 2 at Malpensa Airport! (My brother made this costly mistake)

The hotel is clean and very comfortable. The rooms are large by European standards, and the staff is helpful and friendly! Plus, after staying in smaller hotels around Italy it was nice to stay on a high floor that was very quiet to outside noise. You can access all the major sights by using the Metro (by the train station). As a Gold Hilton member we were able to use the Executive floor for breakfast and happy hour snacks. There is a patio on that floor that we used to relax, drink and visit .
The only downside, was one of the days of our visit-November 1st which is a holiday in Italy-thus everything was closed that day-stores, most restaurants, museums, etc.

Overall, we enjoyed our 2 nights stay and would recommend this hotel.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sb5000

This certainly one of the better hotels in Milan. It's really up to Hilton standards. The rooms were great and the staff for the most part were very cordial and helpful. The food in the restaurant was great and the room was very clean.

Only one day/evening in Milan. What's not to be missed?

by BargainBethli

I have only one afternoon and evening at the end of October to see Milan. What should I see/ do above all else? I am staying at the Hilton Milan and although I will have a car I prefer to walk. Any great restaurants recommended? I want what the locals do not the tourists! Thanks much!!

RE: Only one day/evening in Milan. What's not to be missed?

by Jetgirly

Check my Milan tips for info about a tiny little restaurant that is located in a grocery store. It's fairly near the Duomo (easy walking distance) and chances are you'll end up sharing a tiny table with a local or two. Vegetarian food only, but EXTREMELY filling. Best for lunch.

RE: Only one day/evening in Milan. What's not to be missed?

by Aynne

The Duomo and Galleria area in the centre of town are a must. Window shopping in the Galleria and taking the elevator to the top of the Duomo are not to be missed experiences. I just did it today and it was wonderful.

Comments