Palladio

Hotel Palladio
Booking.com Venere.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 1 star hotels

More about Milan

View from the roofView from the roof

Bar Duomo @ Pzza Duomo/Pzza MercantiBar Duomo @ Pzza Duomo/Pzza Mercanti

Pigeons at Piazza del DuomoPigeons at Piazza del Duomo

San SebastianoSan Sebastiano

airport to milano centrale

Hi all.
Am arriving at Malpensa at 4:30 in afternoon, if on schedule.. We need to get through immigration and baggage etc, then get to Milano Centrale to buy tickets and board a 7:05 pm train. Is this possible? If so which is the quickest, express train then metro to Milano centrale or bus direct to Milano centrale? Thank you for any suggestions and help you can give.

by leics

You are unlikely to be out of the airport much before 1730, and thus will be travelling during rush-hour.

Bus to Milano Centrale takes about an hour.

Train to Milan Cadorna station take about 50 minutes;

but then you have to get to Centrale.....

The bus may be delayed in traffic but the Metro may be very crowded, so you should take that into consideration.

A difficult call, really, but if I was desperate to catch the 7.05 (which is by no means guaranteed, not least because your flight may have delays) I'd tend to go with train/Metro because of the potential traffic problems.

by Cristian_Uluru

You will be able to take your train. From which terminal do you arrive? If you arrive with a low cost airline (ex: easyjet) you can have your baggages in less than 15 minutes and you are in terminal two. From there you must take a free internal bus to terminal 1. Instead if you are in terminal 1 you must regard about an hour from when you landing to the exit from the airport. The fastest wasy to reach Milano is by train (Malpensa Express, about 45 minutes). You can take in following the sign just outside the airport. The train is at minute 15 and 45 of every hour.
When you are in Milano Cadorna you can take the underground (green line) and in 15/20 minutes you arrive in Milano Centrale.

by adlf

Thanks leics and Cristian for your replies. I'm coming in from Tokyo so considering traffic and transfer times there's just not enough spare time to cover any delays. I think we'll sleep the night in Milan and move on the next day. Thanks for your help.

by leics

Is there no later train you could take?

by adlf

I need to get to a town called Schio. The last train out that will get there that night leaves at 7:05. But it might be a good thing. Last time I was in Milan I tasted the best panettone flavour gelato. So i'll be having that for dinner when I arrive then breakfast next day.Then I'll go to Schio

Travel Tips for Milan

Guidance for Milan

by worldsmyoyster

This is guidance for Milan and the mixed blessings (not necessarily the correct category)
As the plane was coming to land, I saw nothing but a grey landscape. England is often wet and overcast, but nothing prepared me for this. I had seen one review on a site, that mentioned Milan being grey, and many others not mentioning this. I left a dry yet cold England, to face rain in Milan during the entire weekend trip. Everything looked pretty grey. I was glad to arrive at the hotel Crowne Plaza City, which is a new hotel. The superior rooms are just 10 euros more than the standard rooms, and are quite big. The airconditioning was a bit fierce, so the windows opening wide was a god-send. The sound proofing is good, it was nice and quiet, and a haven from the centre of Milan. However, it can get expensive in Taxi and/or driver fares. Unless you can read in Italian, and/or speak it, the Metro can be confusing. There are people that, at a push, will help you, but in the end I resorted to hiring the services of the hotels driver. This was after leaving the Duomo and being unable to get a taxi, due to the large amount of people waiting. I combined taking the metro (which if you read italian - is quite straight forward), but the location was still quite a way, and I was rather wet by arrival at Joia resturant. This was the next "let down". The atmosphere seemed exclusive at first, you cannot just "walk in", you have to press a buzzer. The menu is set out more like Feng Shu, with meals by the name of "Happiness" and "Turning Point". As I took a long time to choose, the Chef came out to advise me. This can seem ok or obtrusive. There is a window where you can see the chefs at work, of which the head chef continually looks to ensure everyone is enjoying his food. I felt pushed and rushed by this, and did not like this at all. The bill was 65 euros for 2 courses and one drink. I was still hungry by the time I arrived at the hotel, and it felt like a waste of money. I was disappointed. I'm vegetarian - and was looking forward to a resturant dedicated to this, but the food was not fantastic, in fact, it was a bit strange. There was froth on the plate, part of the meal, and this was a bit disconcerting. The portion sizes are too small to feel full on this "meal", it is more like art. Not food. The next night I dined at the hotel resturant, of which I had a salad, which was quite nice,but not spectacular, but at least the portion sizes were normal. Also prices not as high. Skip the breakfast at the hotel, the croissants were stale. I had breakfast the next morning at one of the lovely patisseries. They are a highlight of Milan. As was one of the main reason for my visit:- The Last Supper Painting. This was as beautiful as I expected. As was the sighting of the outside of the Duomo.
Flights are quite cheap from Gatwick by Easyjet, flying in to Linate is closest to the city.
For shopping, I found two extremes from top fashion houses such as Valentino, to the cheaper labels such as Zara. Unless you can afford Valentino and similiar prices, you can find the other cheaper labels in London. The street itself is quite and cobbled, and it is wonderful to see the beautiful dresses in the windows. Also they have "Fay" which is by the same house as Tods - but has some lovely coats in beautiful colours.
I think the Christmas lights took away some of the greyness, so go at this time, or in the height of the summer.
Some of the people can be very nice and friendly.
There is a very good massage shiastu, and I also experienced the hairdressers there!

In 1811 Stendhal said about...

by MVMT

In 1811 Stendhal said about Milano...
'Milano rievoca in me teneri ricordi. Qui ho trascorso i dolci anni della mia gioventu. Qui ho amato piu. Qui si e anche formato il mio carattere. Ogni giorno mi accorgo che il mio cuore e italiano...questa smodata predilezione per la lietezza, la musica, la liberta dei costumi, l'arte, per poter godere della vida in tranquilita..., tutto cio fa parte della natura del milanese'

Terranova- when you're running out of money

by LeaJoy about Clothes - not high fashion

If you're looking for a store where you can find everything from jeans, pants, t-shirts, sweaters as well as hats, belts and other accessories Terranova is the place for you. The prices are really cheap here, and during sales it's almost ridiculously cheap.
Keep in mind that it's much worse quality than some other stores of the similar type like Zara or H&M, but I'm sure that you can always dig out something you'd wear. I bought a winter jacket, couple of shirts and sweaters for less then 25 euros. And all of them are still in the same condition. Nice!

The Chic LoolaPalooza...

by Krystynn about LoolaPalooza

I really like this place (Loolapalooza) and its atmosphere. It's not as snooty a place as 'Club Hollywood' (oops! What have I done? Next time the club bouncers might just ban me from entering Hollywood!).

I don't know how true this is (perhaps some kind soul can confirm this?) - I was told that the great Paolo Maldini owns LoolaPalooza! So far, I haven't had the good fortune to bump into Maldini here.

In any case, and whether Paolo Maldini owns this place or not - you should still come here for a nice cool drink or light snack. Located on the fabled Corso Como, this kewl pub/ bar is kinda like a coyote ugly type of bar... Catch great stunts by the equally great and impressive barmen. Why, this place also has lots of really interesting people of all kinds...from chic to fashionably trendy... and great music.

Would I recommend this bar to all VTers?
Of course! They treat you like a fashion model here ;-) and everyone's soooo friendly. You'll definitely want to come back again. Lots of tourists and foreigners patronize this joint.

Now... can someone please confirm whether Paolo Maldini really owns this place?? ;-) Casually trendy, please.

If you (the tourist/ foreigner) dare to wear sneakers, moccasins or track/ tennis shoes in here.. they might just throw you out. ;-)

Use the Metro for easy transport!

by ChrsStrl

Using the advice of our guide we bought a metro ticket at a bookstall - they only cost 1 Euro and give you one metro journey plus unlimited bus & trams for up to 75 minutes. A good system & the three metro lines seem very efficient and uncrowded.

Comments