Sabotino Hotel

Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

Only good for 1 night

For some reason, I didn't read tripadvisor's reviews before booking a room here. If I had read before, I wouldn't even consider staying here... Anyway, it was too late to cancel our reservation... To be fair, this 2-star hotel was renovated in 2009.
    I haven't seen mentioned on their website, that the hotel is actually located on the 6th floor!!!! There is a lift, but it's too tiny. It says the maximum capacity is 3 people, but I would rather say 1 person with luggage.
    The guy at the reception does almost everything (I believe he's the owner). We are asked to pay our stay as soon as we get there (72 €), but he wanted us to pay only in cash (lame excuse that the credit card machine was broken - checks aren't accepted). Well, we didn't have enough cash, so he said we could pay him later. And his behavior changed once we paid him...He was a lot nicer and serviceable. His English wasn't great, so it was a bit difficult to talk to him.
    We went to our room and were surprised it was clean (after reading those tripadvisors' reviews). Bedbugs free!!! Hurrah!!!! There is a big balcony (smokers are only allowed to smoke there). The walls are paper-thin and you can hear everything (next door appartment, corridor noise, street noise and people talking on the front desk). Don't forget to bring your ear-plugs.
    If you're staying here for the summer, keep in mind if you need the air-con, you need to pay (I think it's 5€).
    I noticed there weren't any shower towels and we had to ask for them at the front desk. I think if no ones asks, he won't bother to give you the towels.
    On the rate, an Italian breakfast was included (see picture), which consisted of a cappuccino (I asked for tea instead) and some brioches. There isn't a breakfast room, so you have to go to the front desk and ask for it (he will ask for your room number), then he will bring to you. Honestly, the breakfast wasn't very good. My tea tasted a bit of coffee and the brioches tasted too industrial. Well, you can't really complain if it's free...

Unique Quality: Clean, close to public transportation, restaurants...

Comments