Stazione

Hotel Stazione
Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• rossiterfamily's Profile Photo

Good service

I chose Hotel Stazione for its location just a short walk from the central train station, which was convenient. Our room was clean and spacious, although the bathroom was a little cramped, and air conditioned. There's free wifi.
    All this was good, but the men working the desk were most impressive. We had a tricky transportation issue which they talked through with us and helped us explore options. In the morning, we were able to get breakfast before the official start time, from a very cheerful and helpful older gentleman.
    If you're looking for a view this is not the hotel for you, but for us it had all we needed plus good service.

More about Milan

Chiesa di Sant'AmbrogioChiesa di Sant'Ambrogio

BibleBible

Looking out to a spireLooking out to a spire

4. Looking up from below the stalls4. Looking up from below the stalls

Flying out to Milan- what to do night before

by silly659

Hi,

My husband and I leave from Milan Malpensa at 10am, so we will catch the last train out from Venice to Milan the night before in early September. So I was just wondering where you would recommend staying the night before (in terms of area so that we can take an early train into the airport? Also is there much to do in Milan at night (we're open to bars/restaurnts/fun area to explore at night).

We had some hotel points for Sheraton which is located in the "business disctrict" close to the train station, is that a good location?

Thanks in advance!
-D

Re: Flying out to Milan- what to do night before

by mccalpin

First, I want to clarify that "take an early train into the airport" means taking the LeNord train from Cadorna station to Malpensa, as the national railroad (Trenitalia or FS) does not go to the airport. So if you already knew that "the train station" is the Cadorna one and not Milano Centrale, then you're ahead of the game.

Of course, you will want to leave no later than the 7:00 a.m. train, to give you about 2.5 hours at the airport. Fortunately, traffic is not a problem with the train as it can be with the bus.

I can't say anything about the neighborhood, as I have not been in that part of Milan (actually, the last time I went, I don't know where I was - I was being driven around by my host), but hopefully, someone will pop in...

Bill

Travel Tips for Milan

Il Grande Milan!

by Krystynn

Milan is the home to 2 of Italy's ruling SOCCER families...er, I mean - teams. Yes - AC Milan and Inter Milan both play at the Stadio San Siro which is one of the finest football stadiums the world has ever seen.... except if you're a professional footballer and have to contend on playing on the hard artificial turf (read: footballers will be easily prone to injuries on such a hard surface).

For Milan tifosi/ soccer fans, if you're interested to grab tickets for Milan football matches - be it a Champions League or Serie A match, you can contact either your hotel concierge or order online via AC Milan's official website. Going to the San Siro to cheer for my favorite team - Milan. I have been a fan of Milan since I was teenager. All thanks to the great legend himself - Signor Paolo Maldini, the Great One. ;-) These days, I also save some of my cheers for Sheva aka Andriy Shevchenko.

P.S. If you're not a soccer fan (or worse - if you're an Inter fan!) --> please don't leave nasty comments on my page OK? :-) I know you won't....

Che Cosa Bevi?? What are you drinking?

by Krystynn

Only typical Milanese drinks will satisfy me!

Well, as the proverb goes... "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". Likewise for Milan.

Don't leave this city without first trying some typical Milanese drinks OK?

Highly recommended:

The Barbarjada (chocolate and coffee)

The Rossumada (egg shake, sugar and white or red wine)

The Sapajean (zabaione, the same but with red wine and lemon juice)

or

the various Bavarois (to suit the female taste, made with tea and liquore).

Enjoy!

San Maurizio church

by Diana75

Built in the Lombard Renaissance style, San Maurizio church has a three storey facade set off by pilaster strips.

The impressive interior has no aisles, but is divided into two sections by a wall separating the public area from the nuns' choir.

The entire church is covered by frescoes of Bernardino Luini and other Lombard artists of the early 16th century.

Hollywood

by Stylist about Hollywood

Hollywood is my favourite nightclub from when I was living in Milan. You always end up there to see who are there and to be seen yourself.
And it's the IT place for the fashion business so you alway end up meeting your friends or associates here. This places are frequented by the VIP and famous people who are in Milan at the time, like models, footballers and other famours people.
So dress trendy and fashionable - and pretends that you are important and they will let you in - specially if you are a girl!!

By Plane

by Maggies

If you come from any further destination you'll probably be flying to Malpensa International Airport. Just have in mind that the airport is located about 60 kilometers away from the city so it will take you about an hour to get there.

Comments