Via Borromei, 4, Milan, Lombardy, 20123, Italy

Lake Como 1Lake Como 1

yellow tramyellow tram

Travelling Bergamo Orio al Serio Airport to Milano Malpensa Airport

by Pau365

Hi, on Saturday I'll be arriving in Bergamo Orio al Serio airport and then taking another flight from Milano Malpensa a few hours later. The bus Orio-Milano (Stazione Centrale) and then a train to Malpensa seems to be the way to do it, but it takes a good while and makes me a bit short on time. Does anyone know if there's any kind of bus from Orio al Serio airport straight to Malpensa Airport?

Would anyone know how much a taxi would cost,
Orio Airport-Malpensa Airport, or
Orio Airport-Milano Stazione Centrale, or
Milano Stazione Centrale-Milano Malpensa airport?

Or give me any other tips on what would be the best thing to do (before Saturday of course)?

Thanks!!!!!!!

by leics

will give you details of and links for all public transport from Orio Al Serio, in English.

I do not think there is an inter-airport bus. Easest would be to take the airport bus to Milan Centrale, then airport bus to Malpensa from there. Trains to Malpensa go from Milan Cadorna station, not Milan Centrale.

Malpensa public transport info and links in English here:

Look under 'connection' on the left-hand menu.

by jonellis

Taxi would be close to 150 Euro as quoted to me in March 2008. Bus from Bergamo airport to central station was 8 Euro and runs about every 30 minutes but takes about 1 hour without bad traffic. Then there is bus to Malpensa for 6.5 Euro and it also takes about 1 hour more or less depending on traffic. Suggest you allow 4 hours, but might make it in 3. If you can find taxi and other people who would share a taxi, I was told up to 4 was 150 Euro total or 37.5 each.

by Pau365

Thanks a lot for the information, leics and jonellis, very useful. I'm working on a Plan B and a Plan C and a Plan D depending on the time the Bergamo flight gets me to Bergamo and if the taxi comes into it (which it probably will) I'll try to find others in the same situation to share!

by Billy16

Here is a link to a company I have frequently used and it details their most common fares such as Bergamo Orio al Serio to Malpensa

Regards,

Billy

by Pau365

I'll tell you the outcome, in case anyone else has the same problem.... the Express bus from Bergamo airport leaves every half hour and, on a Saturday at least, it only took about 3/4 of an hour to get to Milan Central Station, so it may even leave a bit later than the official time. At Milan central station it was really easy to find the Malpensa airport bus: they're all lined up just in front of the station, so you just go to the first one in the queue. They leave every 20 min and the Saturday I went it also took less than an hour to get to Malpensa: a quick, reliable service and in the end I had no problem getting from Orio al Serio to Malpensa.

by Pau365

Thanks Billy, luckily I didn't have to take any taxis, but the page would have been useful to confirm the dreadful truth that it costs 150 euros from Orio to Malpensa... I'll store it if I need to use it again!

by leics

Glad the buses worked out well for you.

As long as the traffic is ok, and transfer time is not too tight, they seem by far the easiest way to me......and certainly a lot cheaper than a direct taxi!

Travel Tips for Milan

Tourist Office in Piazza Duomo

by Flamegirl

You'll doubtless find this without my help, but I would very much recommend a visit to the Tourist Office next to the Duomo (to your right as you face the cathedral).

Obviously, all the usual tourist services are offered. However I go there particularly to pick up their monthly "Milano Mese" booklet (issued only on the first of the monthly; not before, irritatingly).

Information about art exhibitions, musical events, trade fairs, sport and other entertainment events is provided in an A5-sized, Italian-English guide. Apart from in the month of August there's usually heaps going on, and I found it a very helpful source of activities even when I wasn't a "tourist". You can get further help from the APT (Azienda di Promozione Turistica del Milanese) by checking out their website, www.milanoinfotourist.com , calling their offices (+39 02 7252 4301/02/03) or emailing them on apt.info@libero.it .

Alternatively the main office is open Mon-Sat 8.45am - 1pm, and 2pm - 6pm; Sundays 9am - 1pm and 2pm - 5pm.

Flat, comfortable shoes!!!

by abstract_diva

Your most expensive Designer Bag! You`ll be nothing without it there! Take this for serious: MILAN IS NOT A HIGH-HEEL CITY!!!. I`m experienced with High Heels and I`m willing to stand lots of pain to look good but the broken sidewalks and hot summer temperatures just require flat, comfortable shoes!
Other clothes: be aware that you are in the Fashion-World Capital! Dress according to that! UMBRELLA! Expect showers any time! Even in summer!

All Things Armani

by tpal about Emporio Armani

This is Milan after all. If there is one designer in this town who is revered above all others it is Giorgio Armani. So even though neither Carol nor I own any Armani (or likely ever will) a little homage was still in order. So what better place than the Emporio Armani. This is basically the Armani-R-Us Mall of Milan. Here you can find all of the clothing lines, of course, but also sun glasses, furnishings, books and even Armani candies. It is definitely over the top but I have to admit it does have great style. If you have to ask...

Relaxed atmosphere ... away...

by mauro_pd

Relaxed atmosphere ... away from the crowded Navigli area ... many thinks this is the most trendy area in Milan: 'l'Isola'. Actually it is more or less an ugly zone but with several good spots. The one here mentioned is Tao and it's a bio-oriented (but u can easily find a good glass of Tennents:-) restaurant-bar with delicious food.
Interior design & relaxing atmosphere ... to be avoided in the weekend due to crowd ... often it hosts photo parades ... Nobody cares.

Milan Trains

by Janani

I used the sleeper train to travel to Milan from Paris and back again after a visit to Venice and also to reach the city centre from the airport. I was very impressed by the central station's size and grand appearance. Despite the size, it was not difficult to find the right platform or connection with the metro as it is very well laid out with clear signs.

We enjoyed the sleeper train journey very much, although having left on a warm summer's day, we kept the window open and woke up shivering in the mountains in the middle of the night. The bedlinen provided was made of a bonded fibre material with some stuffing inside, rather like a giant disposable nappy, but was very comfortable nonetheless and we were amused by the English translation of one of the signs in the train, which informed us that "it is dangerous to put oneself out of the window."

We found the train journey between Venice and Milan very comfortable and our train kept good time, however it turned out that we should have paid a supplement on our pre purchased ticket to use the train that we did and we were charged accordingly when the ticket inspector arrived in our carriage. I'm still not sure if we were charged just the supplementary cost or if we were fined for not purchasing the ticket in advance.

The airport to city service I used on a later visit was extremely convenient and efficient, with regular trains leaving Malpensa airport’s station, which I found well signposted from the arrivals area, for Cadorna station in the city centre, a journey of around three quarters of an hour. Cadorna station has connections with the green and yellow metro lines. The cost for this journey was a little under ten Euros, I think and the carriages were comfortable, with plenty of room for passengers and their luggage.

Comments