Via Alessandro Pestalozza 7, Milan, 20131, Italy
Booking.com Hotels.com Venere.com

More about Milan

The sitting areaThe sitting area

BuildingBuilding

3. Cellos in the musical instrument museum3. Cellos in the musical instrument museum

National GeographicNational Geographic

I am coming to Milan in August

by jonfinity

I am coming to Milan in August, hotels are very expensive for me . I am thinking of sleeping in the train station or bus station or in the park. My question is it ok to sleep in the train station or bus station. Is there any charity house that I can go to sleep in. also, I am willing to stay with any body who is willing to let me stay with him.
thanks

by Billy16

Do not under any circumstances sleep rough anywhere close Milano Centrale!

by Maryimelda

If your budget is so tight that you can't even afford a cheap hostel, then maybe it is not the right time for you to make the trip. Wait till you've saved some money.

by spunkmuffin

You could see if anyone from Milan has a couch for you on http://www.couchsurfing.com/.

Good luck with your trip!

by titti

Beside different kinds of problems, sleeping in the Central Station area in Milano means the risk to be killed by mosquitos. Have you checked the Youth Hostel rates? In Milano is 19 euro.

by GHIRO

Hi,
frankly I think that mosquitos are the best company you could find in Milan Central Station during the night...! It is not a safe place during the day, not at all in the evening!

As already suggested, let's consider hostels or to postpone your travel!

bye
roberta

by titti

Per Ghiro: forse voi milanesi vi siete assuefatti... per noi "stranieri" sono ancora un pericolo non da poco! :-)

Travel Tips for Milan

Castello Sforzesco

by croisbeauty

The door surmonted by a huge Sforza coat of arms leads up to the Ducal Court where the art museums are located. The vestibule before reaching the court is full of sculptures and the sinopia of a remarkable late 15th century fresco by an anonymous Lombard master.
The courtyard is enclosed on three sides by a structure with two rows of pointed windows framed in brick.
During times of great danger, the Sforza used to seek shelter in the Rocchetta, which was felt to be one of the safest spots in the whole castle. This on the picture were Ludovico il Moro's chambers. The loggia has been attributed to Bramante
In the Art Museums lots of masterpieces can be seen:
- the Rondanini Pieta, Michelangelo's last unfinished nasterpiece,
- Funeral Monument to Barnabo Visconti by Bonino da Campione,
- 6th century Byzantine marble bust, supposedly the Empress Teodora,
and many others.

Free Shiatsu Treatment

by johnmi

Milan is too hectic for you? Allow yourself one hour relax!! The students of Shiatsu-Do academy will give you **FREE** Shiatsu treatments. Bring a T-shirt, some long sport trouses (or very this cotton ones - no jeans) and (clean..) socks.

Phone reservation necessary.
5 min walk from Centrale Railway St.

Convenient supermarket

by sierralyndon about Standa

On Via Torino (about 10 minutes walk away from the Duomo) is a supermarket called Standa. I think it is the only supermarket so close to the centre of town, which makes it convenient to get fruits, snacks, stock up on mineral water, etc.

Tram Turistico

by Janani

I rode on Milan’s historic tourist tram towards the end of my visit to the city, as my feet were aching from all the walking I’d done and I wanted to sit down for a while! The tram ran along its route with an accompanying commentary on headphones, which was available in several languages. I enjoyed the journey but, in fact, I had already seen most of the places it went past and read quite a bit about them in the guide book, so although the commentary gave one or two interesting points that I hadn’t known, I wished that I had taken the tram tour at the beginning of my holiday, rather than at the end. I think it would have been a good way to become familiar with the layout of the city and how close together the different areas were and would also have helped me to plan what I wanted to visit.

I think the trip then cost about fifteen Euros but the price stated on the website now is twenty Euros. There is a map of the stops covered by the service on the website listed below.

Milan has 2 airports, Malpensa...

by feline01

Milan has 2 airports, Malpensa and Linate. Malpensa is about 31 miles away from Milan and handles mainly intercontinental flights and Linate is about 6 miles away and handles domestic and international.
The Metropolitana is Milan's underground/subway system. It only has 3 lines but covers a lot of ground. Buses take up the slack and go nearly everywhere. Tickets are Eur.77 and are good for 75 minutes once stamped or for one subway trip.

Comments