Windsor Hotel Milan

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Tags

Arts and Culture Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Singles
See Amenities

Stolen Stuff from Guest room !!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 2, 2008

I was in Hotel Windsor Milan for a 5 day stay, on business. The very first evening I came back from dinner and found my bag opened in my room with my Laptop, my Digital Camera and GPS all missing. The Hotel's personnel that I contacted immediately didn't care at all, they even did not come to have a look at the room (to see at least if the lock had been forced. By the way it wasn't, the door had been clearly opened with another magnetic pass).

They simply suggested me to go to the Police station. I did so, had to wait at the Police Station till 2.30 AM, and discovered that another guy from another room had its PC stolen as well, he was also at the Police station.

The next day, the Hotel manager told me to let them have copies of the purchasing proofs of my items, to have me reimbursed by their insurance company. He said it was a process that would take 4-5 months max. Today we are close to the end of nineth month and I'm still waiting. The Manager I keep on writing to or calling by phone, doesn't even answer my e-mails or my phone calls.

I personally believe that somebody prom the personnel has to do with this incident. Of course, I do not have the proof, but the fact that the door wasn't forced at all and the passiveness with which the ptoblem was accepted by the staff, are at least clear proofs that having thieves at home is nothing new for them.

As for the service, it surely cannot be considered as 4 star hotel, I wouldn't give even a half star. I had a 6 square meter room smelling awfully and had to wake up at 5 AM because of the tram passing just under my window..

If you ask my advice: STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL !!

Unique Quality: NONE AT ALL.. THE HOTEL SIMPLY SUCKS!!

Directions: JUST TOO CLOSE TO THE RAM RAILS, ENOUGH TO WAKE UP AT 5.00 AM!

Windsor Hotel, excellent deal

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 13, 2007

The location is perfect, only 800 meters from the central station. I stayed there 3 night and found the staff helpfull and friendly. Rooms were a bit mall but convenient and clean. Compared to other hotels I think this is excellent value for money.

Directions: On the corner of Piazza della Replublica, within walking distance from thew central station. From the central station walk up to Piaza della Republica and turn right at the traffic lights. Left is the hotel.

Where are the earplugs?

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 12, 2006

This "4 star" hotel is situated in a great location in the centre of Milan. Just 800m from the Central Station and with a metro stop, Republicca, just around the corner. All the main attractions are within easy reach, including the Duomo only 3 metro stops away, and the boutiques only 2 stops on the yellow line.

The hotel itself is pretty good, although I am not too sure about the 4 star rating. The room we were in (731) was clean but a little small. There was no bath, only a shower cabin, which my wife was not so happy about, after a long day's shopping! The breakfast was very nice, with an "all you can eat" buffet, and the staff were friendly enough, at least in the evening.

The main gripe about the hotel was the heat and the noise. Despite it being mid-November, the bedroom was extremely warm, and the air-conditioning seemed to have no purpose except making a lot of noise. We tried to cool down by opening the window, but because of the hotel's location on a busy Piazza, we were kept awake by trams and other traffic.

Directions: Piazza della Republicca. Close to Central station.

Nearby Windsor Hotel Milan

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Milan Travel Forum

Need advice about Milan, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Milan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Milan hotel reviews