Hotel Sporting Brugherio

San Pietro MartireSan Pietro Martire

medieval bridgemedieval bridge

Camping in Monza for the Grand Prix weekend

by spudda

I'm coming to the F1 GP in September, but won't be arriving until late Friday night. The campsite at monza autodroma only has 220 spaces and advise arriving by the Tuesday, which obviously I can't. I believe there is a large temporary campsite set up just for that weekend, and reservations are not taken. But will there be space on the Friday night if I just turn up? Or does anyone know of any other campsites nearby (<2km)that I can pre-book? (And might be a little quieter!)

Re: Camping in Monza for the Grand Prix weekend

by klaasdw

We have the same problem! We are searching for options. If we find something i'll let u know!
Would u be so kind to inform us if u find something asswell?
Tnx!

Kind regards!

Re: Camping in Monza for the Grand Prix weekend

by ailsabishop

I also have this problem - I'm going to the F1 GP at Monza this September, I've hired a motorhome but can't find a campsite that takes bookings! What did you do in the end? Did you find anywhere? We'll be arriving late on Friday evening, so I too am worried that the campsite at Bassiano will be full! Thanks!

Travel Tips for Monza

stream

by Aurorae

There is this cute little stream passing through Monza, adding a little bit of variety to the plain. It is said to be the most polluted stream of Lombardy, but it doesn't look like that. There are ducks and birds around, usually floating around or resting on the banks.

Raining in Monza

by Aurorae

People adore to be out, in spite of a rainy day. many of them are hiding in the small cafes, or shops that are open sometimes even on Sundays, or under the arches of the old municipality, but in spite of the rain, the town is charming and it's lovely to have a stroll.

Memorial

by croisbeauty

The monumental war memorial, to the victims of war 1914-1918, stands in the central position of Piazza Trento and Trieste, right opposite to the Town Hall. The huge statue stands on the piedestal which is built in the shape of an mausoleum. There were significant battles for the independence against the Austrians in whole region of Lombardy and many soldiers, originated from Monza, were killed in it.

Agrate - Parocchia Sant'Eusebio

by croisbeauty

When travelling by car throughout Italy, it is advisable to take off of the highways and travel by the local roads. It enables you to see much more of the country, discovering some hidden jewels.
I've took the local road from Monza to Brescia and after very short time I riched small town of Agrate (Brianza) where this wonderful parochial church of Sant' Eusebio can be seen.

Calcio - San Vittore Martire

by croisbeauty

There is a flat ground in between Mozzanico and Calcio and the monumental church of San Vittore Martire can be seen from the very far distance. The church is of very huge proportions and virtually dominates the whole landscape.
The small town, where the church is situated, is called Calcio and it means soccer in Italian. The funny thing is that I didn't seen any soccer playground in approaching and leaving the town.

Comments