Via Vittorio Emanuele II, 51, Sirmione, Lake Garda, 25019, Italy

Hotel Marconi
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

• royalempress's Profile Photo

A great hotel in Sirmione

A very inexpensive hotel in Sirmione and right on the water. The rooms are very small and some have a view. Our room had a view and air-cond. that really worked. Our room was only 98 Euros, breakfast included. A real bargin. The only hard part was finding the hotel while driving on the narrow, narrow streets. The hotel was right in the center of town, you couldn't ask for a better location. The desk people were very helpful and friendly.

With all the regular breakfast food there was a long table just filled with different kinds of pastry. I think the owner loved to cook and must have been a pastry chief as the were delicious and very fancy.

Unique Quality: Right on the lake and a dock for swiming. Lawn chairs and drinks served outside.

More about Marconi

The Wonderful Marconi!!

by TripAdvisor Member Pauline_1

Hotel Marconi was excellent. Its right on the lake so it has great views. Carlo and his family were brilliant they looked after us very well, they even baked us a cake as a leaving gift! The rooms dont have a fridge but it wasnt a problem to chill wine etc in the fridge in the bar. We stayed in room 5 on the 1st floor, middle room it had a balcony looking out over the lake it was beautiful. The hotel has a private jettie on the lake, we spent some lovely evenings there relaxing with a bottle (or 2, or 3) of wine. The hotel is in a good location, its nicely decorated, its clean, the breakfast was excellent the best we had in Italy, the staff are great, overall the hotel is great I would recommend it to anyone, if we ever return to Sirmione (and Im sure we will) we will stay here. Thank You Hotel Marconi for a great service!!!

Delightful Marconi - Magical Sirmione

by TripAdvisor Member Dinkum-dazzle

We were guests at the Hotel Marconi during May 2006.

Although this hotel was the least expensive one that we had booked during our one month stay in Italy, it is equal favourite with another 3 times the price.
The rooms at the Marconi are small and basic but very clean, albeit this is well compensated for by wonderfully warm family hospitality, and a lavish, tasty buffet breakfast.
The hotel also has a small parking area which is another bonus.

Sirmione is a beautiful town with many gorgeous restaurants and shops. We found it to be very clean and tidy especially after our prior stopover in Venice. Other Lake Garda towns
appeared equally as lovely as Sirmione inspiring us to wish that we had of reserved more than 2 nights at the Marconi Hotel.......definitely next time!

Happy Holiday,
Denise and Peter.

A truly Italian Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Mairimac

Having seen the great reviews for this hotel - we were delighted to be able to stay there for a few days. The hotel is charming and the service is excellent - a real family run hotel and this is reflected in your stay.

We stayed on the second floor and the views compensated for there being no lift! The rooms are air conditioned and certainly this was essential during our stay and the balconies give a great view. We stayed in a lovely corner room with an extra bed for our daughter (11) and unlike other hotels this extra bed was comfortable and sturdy.

The decor is charming and complimentary to the building - bt nothing surpasses the service. Nothing was too much trouble - from our first e-mail booking the accommodation until we left. No request is too small and bearing in mind we have never driven in Italy - a transfer from Verona to the airport was arranged for us - and was excellent value into the bargain!

Breakfast is the usual buffet with a good selection for all tastes - but if you don't like expresso coffee make sure you ask for extra hot water which is readily provided! We also had lunch in the hotel one day and there was a good meu with excellent food - make sure you let them know in advance that you would like lunch or an evening meal - it's worth it!

We didn't fnd the private beach as listed on venere[--] but the garden is nice with tables and chairs, loungers, swing seats and parasols. The deck is great with lounders, parasols and a ladder to get into the lake. We would advise that you wear some sort of protective shoe going into the water - we wore our water sandals - as the bed of the lake is quite rocky. The water was great - a bit cold but lovely to swim in. Quite a lot of traffic on the lake so beware when on the loungers on the deck - pull your loungers forward or else you get the backlash when the wash off the boats hits the quay!

The location of the hotel is fantastic - we will never forget arriving at night to see the castle lit up and then winding through the narrow streets to the hotel. The ease of access to the wonderful historic centre of Sirmione is great from this hotel. There's quite a lot to do and see - roam around the medieval castle. Visit the Roman remains - don't miss the train ride up and the stone beach down from the ruins! Take a boat trip around the island which is the historic centre (good value - 25-30 minutes for 30 euros for the 3 of us in a cool speed boat!) There's also the spa and all sorts of wonderful treatments. Just outside of the city walls there's also a great stall that sells the most amazing fresh fruit for a couple of euros - a real treat on a scorching hot day!

The historic centre is full of lovely little shops, mixing the charming and quaint with the designers but worth a good look around. Lots of lovely restaurants, pizzerias, cafes - all open air and the majority have good service - we only had one bad experience - good food but witnessed lousy service in Sgiliatiris in the square (not the one beside the castle).

All this and all without even talking about taking a ferry up the lake away from Sirmione. You probably need a good 3 days to see Sirmione in all and then move on to another area if you want. We mixed our time and spent 3 days at the wonderful Hotel Marconi and then went out to Colombarde and had a few days in another good hotel, lounging around the pool!

The Hotel Marconi is a great experience and one that I think older travellers will truly enjoy. The clientele in the hotel were probably just a little bit too old for our 11 year old to feel entirely comfortable but she enjoyed the attention from the family who run the hotel!

All in all a wonderful paradise that doesn't break the bank!

Wonderful Hotel - Beautiful Location, Wonderful Staff, Great Room

by TripAdvisor Member Alig69

My girlfriend and I just recently stayed in Hotel Marconi, mainly based on the price at €88, Tripadvisor reviews and location. I was kind of a bit dubious by the glowing reviews, but must say they turn out to be spot on.

It's in the gorgeous Sirmione, two minutes from the ferry stop. It's also right on the lake, so you can sunbathe on their jetty. Although beware, we saw a couple of people get caught out by waves from the speed boats! We were put in the ajoining building to the main hotel, but had two balconies on either side of the room both with lake views. The rooms feel a bit more worn than those of chain hotels, but not in a bad way. The whole place simply felt much more welcoming than a normal hotel. The staff, again were brilliant. I've never met staff more willing to help you. They looked up train times on the net for us, then printed them and brought them down to the jetty. Then there's the breakfast, which is also great, and can be eaten in the open in front of the lake. They even had papers from loads of different countries, so I was able to read a british paper while eating my breakfast. If there's one criticism it was that it was the Daily Mail!

Finally, on leaving they give you a little gift, which just sums up their attitude! Great value, great staff, great location, great hotel! Very highly recommend!

Great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member mimio52

My husband and I just returned from Italy and had stayed in lots of hotels. The Marconi quicky rose to the top as our favorite. We have stayed in 5 star hotels as well as bare-bones convents. While the rooms are very nice, it's the the staff and location that make this hotel a superb value. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble and they are so anxious to please that it's hard to find fault with anything. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with views of the lake, but don't expect fancy linens and turn-down service that you might find at a five star. We were looking for a place that was not a big fancy generic hotel that you could find anywhere, rather we wanted a place that reflected the culture of the area. We found a winner with the Hotel Marconi. The location was great, and they even had a deck on the lake that you could swim from. That was a bonus that I had not counted on. The dinner that was prepared by the owner was wonderful. It was a set menu so you need to check it out first but if you don't like what they are serving you can easily walk to any restaurant. The breakfast menu was great, and there was something for eveyone. I think they must bake all night because the aroma of delicious breads and cakes was in evidence. It added to the homey feeling that this family run hotel gives you.
Overall I would have to say that the personal attention that the staff give you at this hotel make it worth the stay. A great bargain!
Thank you to Trip advisor reviews for alerting us to this fine hotel.

Dont think twice, it's great!

Big thank you to the Visani family for making our holiday a wonderful experience! The hotel position is perfect, not too near the port or too far from the restaurants, shops and sights. You get that `resident` feeling as the tourists peel off late afternoon!

Hotel Marconi is the perfect base to explore the lake and peninsula. You're really looked after. Food was amazing, do eat there in the evening, just as good as the wonderful breakfasts. Staff helped us make the most of our stay with advice on what to do and where to go. No hesitation, we're definately going back. Walked the whole peninsula, wouldn't stay anywhere else.

There really is something for everyone in Sirmione, no matter what your interest. Good for the budding photographer too!

A few days in Sirmione

We had a most enjoyable five night stay at the hotel Marconi. The owner is an excellent baker and puts on a spread of 25 or 30 plates of fancy pasteries, cookies, biscotti and so forth every morning for breakfast. They also have scrambled eggs and bacon if you want that. You'll eat your breakfast on the terrace overlooking the lake in the fresh air.

The owner's son, Carlo, is the finest young man you ever will want to meet. He is the picture of professionalism there behind the desk always in a suit and tie speaking perfect English, German and I don't know what else as needed. Carlo as well as the rest of the staff will go to any length to be helpful and friendly. For example, Carlo was happy to get on the internet for us and confirmed our plane reservations and lined up a taxi to take us to Milan the next morning at 3:00 AM. Following that, he presented us with a gift of wine and a special tort to eat on our way.

The hotel is about in the middle of the old section of town which is to say the part of town inside the castle gate. Staying inside the gate is the best way to experience Sirmoine.

For stuff to do, figure on a half a day to explore the castle and and a half a day to explore the Roman ruins of Catullo along with the museum there. Figure on plenty of shopping and browsing around in the shops, eating gelatti, people watching and exploring aroung. There are also plenty of other things to do around the lake and in the area.

To get there, fly to Verona and it's a 50 Euro taxi ride to Sirmione. (Fixed Price, not on the meter) If you fly in and out of Milan, it's a fixed price of 190 Euros for the two hour taxi ride. You can also take a combination of bus and train rides if you don't mind the stress.

John from Arkansas

Honeymoon heaven on Lake Garda

by TripAdvisor Member KateGabriel

Perfect location in Sirmione, with fab terrace and deck onto the lake. We booked directly with the Famiglia Visani (the family who run this super little hotel) after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. Email communications were promptly answered and very helpful.

Initially we felt slightly disappointed with our room in the annex, which was clean but rather basic. However, we were soon delighted with the hotel and the very friendly staff. Sirmione was very busy, hot and crowded, but the hotel was a cool haven of tranquil relaxation. Swimming in the lake was fantastic, sunbathing on the deck - see photos, and the hotel staff arranged for us to hire a speedboat on the lake for half a day.

Overall, well worth the other rave reviews this hotel has received and we will certainly visit again.

The hotel lived up to all the reviews :)

by TripAdvisor Member elizabennett

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 5 nights in July 2006 and loved it. The location of the hotel is perfect; in the heart of the old town yet right on the lake. The staff were all very friendly and could not do enough for you. The breakfast was great and I especially loved the coffee - you can't beat a latte in the morning! We would recommend this hotel to anyone and when next in Sirmione will be booking up to stay here.

Milan - Info

by Marco0355

I'll be travelling to Milan the second week of Nov. I would like to know which hostels/hotels I should stay at, what attractions I should see and what are some good night spots?

Thanks,

Marco

by littlesam1

Milan is wonderful. The Duomo is the most beautiful cathedral I have ever seen. The trip to the roof top is great. I also recommend having dessert and a drink in the Galleria. I would not get a meal there because it is way too expensive. There are many other local restaurants that have food equally as good or better at half the price. If you decide you want to go see The Last Supper you should go on line and find the reservations before you leave. I did not do this and thought I would be able to get in to see it. However I was turned away because I did not have a reservation.

Larry

by sierralyndon

There are over 1,300 tips on accommodation, hang-out places and attractions on Milan posted by members on their pages. I would suggest you do a first search there and get some ideas, depending on your interests. Have a good trip.

by Gard

Hi

My wife and I went to Milan in June. We stayed at a place called Hotel Marconi located at Via F. Filzi number 3 (near Repubblica Metro station). The front of the Duomo is covered up but it is still a very impressive building. I have posted a long trip report with pictures on my homepage www.gardkarlsen.com. Maybe you can find some useful information there.

Regards