Senigallia Hotels

Our Members Say

• toonsarah profile photo toonsarah
  • Reviews: 3363

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Mareblu: A budget gem!

Senigallia's beach stretches to the north and south of the port, and is lined for the most with mid-priced hotels of varying quality. Among the mix of fairly standard budget offerings on the northern strip, Ingrid found this little gem. The Mareblu stands out due to its clean appearance (it is recently (2013) decorated), large proportion of rooms facing the sea, and friendly welcome.

My room on the fourth floor was a good size, with a double bed (actually two singles pushed together) and separate single, so it would be perfectly suitable for parents and one child. It had a small balcony overlooking the beach, with a table and two chairs. There was loads of storage, a desk, flat-screen TV (which I didn't get round to checking) and it generally light and bright, if very simply decorated and furnished. The bathroom was small, without a tub - no loss to me as I prefer to shower, but families with very little children may be disappointed. But the shower was a very good one, and there were plenty of large thick towels. No toiletries other than small bars of soap are provided however.

The entrance to the hotel is up a short flight of steps – I'm not sure if they have disabled access at the back, but if not it isn't suitable for a wheelchair user or anyone who can't carry their belongings up these steps. Inside the reception area makes a good first impression, and the owner is especially proud of the Murano glass panels that decorate the wall opposite the front door. There is a good-sized bar area, with free wifi, though the signal seemed weak to me. A large restaurant opens off this and serves a fixed-price, limited choice dinner menu. We took this option on the evening of our arrival and had a simple but well-prepared meal of pasta (choice of two sauces, but vegetarians note that the "just tomato" option I chose had pieces of ham in it), a meat course (a cooked meat option or prosciutto and mozzarella, which we both took) with a self-serve vegetable buffet (French fries, spinach, artichokes, salad etc), and a choice of two desserts, though the pineapple I went for was disappointingly tinned rather than fresh. However, despite its shortcomings, the meal was very good value at just €15 per person, and the white wine, Verdicchio, was very good.

Breakfast was included in our room rate of just €35, and consisted of a buffet with juices, yoghurt, cereals, croissants, bread, cheese and meats, and good coffee. Nothing fancy, but it added to our impression that, overall, the Mareblu is a bargain!

There’s nothing to beat a sea view, and this is a great one! To be sure you enjoy one like it, ask for a room at the front and on an upper floor. We were on the fourth (top) floor. There’s a small lift so access isn’t a problem, once you’ve negotiated the steps up to reception mentioned above.

If you’re here for a beach holiday you can book a full-board package that also includes use of the beach area which, as is usual in Italy, is divided up and “owned” by local hotels and businesses. There’s also an outdoor pool next to the hotel. If not on a beach holiday, the hotel is about 10 minutes’ walk from the station if you want to go into Ancona or explore other towns along the coast, and a further five minutes’ or so from the old town of Senigallia with its various sights and shops.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written June 9, 2013
Tip Photo

Outside the Mare Blu

• MariaK profile photo MariaK
  • Reviews: 68

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Albergo Stella: A nice place to stay in Senigallia

We found ourselves here by chance Sept2004 (we were driving from Ancona to the Italian Lakes and we were in the area during a rainy night). We considered it to be a plain and clean place and so we stayed. We liked it so much altogether that we arranged to stay here to the trip back to Ancona and then in 2005 driving to Germany this time, we stayed here again while in the area.

Some facts:
*While the railways are very close behind the hotel, surprisingly there was no noise problem at all.
*People running the place are polite and friendly (just as much as you need to feel comfortable). The guy (probably owner of the place) does not speak English BUT we somehow reached a good agreement, him speaking Italian and me speaking Greek and showing him words in the LonelyPlanet book I had with me.
*The hotel is facing the seaside, a beautiful seaside, we loved the view. The second and third time we came here he gave as (for the cost of a double bedroom) an appartment to stay in, although we stayed just for a night - the agreement was not to use the kitchen.

Please note that we stayed there 3 times, but always in September, which is a low season and the beach was quiet, I guess that's why we found it relaxing.

*Very clean
*Nice people
*Great relaxing seaside view
*Near nice restaurants - nice location

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel, Road Trip
  • Written July 11, 2006
Tip Photo

Albergo Stella viewed from a boat

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful