Strada Statale 16 Adriatica, Termoli, 86039, it

sea near Termolisea near Termoli

Travel Tips for Termoli

Citta vecchia

by satara

I especially loved the old town of this city. It is situated in a very small place on a hill surrounded by defence wall and old castle, guarding the town from intruders. The streets there are so narrow and full of hanging laundry:) I loved to have a walk there in the evenings, when local people go out of their homes, open the doors, take the chairs out and sit right in the street and talk with their neighbours - all together - old and young.. looking at the passing tourists who are very curious to learn more about this kind of Italian culture..

Cactus in the window

by satara

Look what a little but lovely house window I have found in the old town!! Actually I am not very impressed by Italian windows, they keep them always closed.. I loved the Greek windows much more, but this little one was cute enough to dedicate for it a whole photo..:)

TERMOLI, picturesque location on the Adriatic sea

by satara

" Termoli - a place for the cleanest seashore"

I have visited Termoli in winter and in summer - I've seen it quiet and peacefull as well as full of everlasting movement and crowds of sea-hungry tourists enjoying their "ferie" (vacation). So I can say I know this little resort town quite well to give you some hints...

In winter in 2002 I spent their only one week, but in 2003 summer I was there for 1 month, so this place really became my second home.

" Some facts about Termoli"

For those who don't know anything about this wonderful town:

Location: adriatic coastline, province of Campobasso, region of Molise, Italy.
Closest airports: Pescara km 110, Roma km 340, Bari km 160
Port: Termoli (trips to Tremiti islands!)
Best time to visit: all the year.
High season: july-august.
Activities & sports: beach (!!!), archeology, tourism, culinary arts, hiking, swimming, soccer, tennis, riding.
Products found: wine, oil, local specialties.
Places to see: historical sites, Tremiti islands.

(www.termoli.org)

" water at Termoli seashore is very clean "

It has been awarded the "Blue bandiera" of Europe .. That means the sea water is suitable for swimming and is good for many other criteria.
Actually when it was windy and wavy days, the water seemed not so clear because of the sand bed, but once I saw it when it was very quiet - I was surprised how clear and blue it was - I went hand-fishing seashells then! Was possible to see them on the bottom of sea and catch!

Comments