Locanda Alfieri

port of Termoliport of Termoli

Travel Tips for Termoli

Lotto!!

by satara

Imagine - we are in a hurry going home for lunch (for those who don't know, in Italy food is a religion and you can't be late for eating!), lots of traffic in the streets and suddenly we stop in front of little shop selling lotto tickets..!!! ah... we can't miss lotto even we miss lunch!!!

A Beautiful Resort by the Sea

by mikey_e

"Secluded Beauty"

My trip through Italy in 2005 was supposed to end at Bari where I would take a ferry across to Albania, but I chickened out at the last minute and ended up going northward, toward Pescara. I eventually decided on going to Termoli for the weekend, because it was convenient and seemed like something I should do (go to the beach) on a summer holiday. My expectations were more than surpassed by this splendid resort on the Adriatic. Although I didn't make the crossing to the Tremiti Islands (the winds were too strong for the boat to depart) but there was more than enough to see and do in the town itself. The castle is spectacular at night, when the old streets are lit up and filled with promenading families, and the old ramparts provide great views of the beach and the Adriatic.

"Spiaggia" after the rain

by satara

" Little walk "

Let me invite you to a little walk in the beach after the rain near Termoli. The place is quite "wild", you won't see the "traditional" beach stuff like chairs and sun-umbrellas, but that's exactly why I like to take a such walk a lot.

" the sea story.. "

being Lithuanian and having only 99 km long seashore with the Baltic sea, to see "so many sea" is really a great emotion for me.. and i loved listening to its story..

" the power of water "

have you heard that saying "a drop by drop can make a hole in a stone"... and sea is taking the sand..

" we are not alone here "

and we are here for a such short time only...

" water by the sea "

i was attracted by an idea to make a cycle of photos of water bottles left by the sea.. water near water...

" seagulls.. "

and that was a colony of seagulls..

" nature of the beach "

before the sunset

" that was a tree "

maybe even a strong tree...?

Comments