Villa Sampaguita

Bricco Cravera Valleandona 117, Asti, Piedmont, 14100, Italy

Villa Sampaguita
Booking.com Priceline.com

• Cutler05's Profile Photo

a little piece of heaven

My family and I ( 2 boys 8 and 11, 1 husband) have been guests at villa sampaguita twice now and would definitely go back! This wonderful haven is situtated just outside Asti making it convenient for local amenities. We chose to stay in the 2 bedroomed apartment, self catering, as this is always preferable with children. We were warmly greeted by Tim and Rina. The apartments are well furnished and spotlessly clean. outside there are tables and chairs to sit and relax and enjoy the stunning views over the vine yards and beyond. Villa Sampaguita is a working vine yard and the hosts encourage you to wander around the grounds, you will also enjoy a free sample on arrival!

Unique Quality: Villa Sampaguita is a relaxing place to be and whether you chose bed and breakfast or self catering you will want to go back. the hosts have extensive knowledge about the surrounding area and can always recommend places to visit or good local dining. although the Villa has not yet got a pool there is an out door pool and funslide centre nearby and an also an out door pool in nearby aqua therme.

Directions: just outside Asti

More about Villa Sampaguita

Great hospitality in a fabulous location

You get a very warm welcome from Tim and Rina at Villa Sampaguita. The location is fabulous for exploring the great wine areas that surround Asti, and for sampling the local food including many recommendations from your hosts. The accommodation is comfortable and well maintained. We stayed in the self-catering apartment but were tempted into the main dining room by the smells from Rina's kitchen to share some lovely meals with fellow guests. Time your visit well (September) and you could take in the Slow Food cheese festival in Bra as well as the Sagre and Palio in Asti itself.

The villa was super

We spent five wonderful days at the villa Sampaguita during the month of August 2005.

Rena and Tim are a wonderful hostess/host team. Rena prepared bountyful breakfasts, consisting of local cheeses, cold cuts, fresh fruits and of course, great coffee.

Tim is very informative about the region. He recommended daily trips to hillside towns, vineyards and we were delighted with the recommended restaurant choices.

The rooms are impeccably clean and overlook the rolling hills and vineyards.

Definitely happy memories.

Relaxation at its best

We spent one enjoyable week at Villa Sampaguita in July 2005. It was the perfect place to just sit back and relax, read in the hammock (until it broke...), take a walk on the wild side to find some fossils, pluck and eat wild plums and mulberries, watch our two-year old son play around the house.

Rina and Tim are excellent hosts. Rina is a great cook. Her muffins for breakfast are delicious. She makes her own pasta as well and was nice enough to let our son help. It was nice to just sit there, chat and watch them cook while drinking wine. Tim is the handyman around the house and has a lot of stories to tell you just about everything under the blue sky. Despite his busy schedule he was very prompt in meeting our needs. The hammock was fixed immediately and a paddling pool for our son was provided in no time.

Their restaurant recommendation is simply the best. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and wine of Asti without having to worry about the bill - in these restaurants you can get a delicious 3 course meal including wine for around 20 Euros.

The room that we had was huge and airy and everything was tastefully decorated, including the bathroom. We found the ceiling fan quite quaint and very useful in July.

We will definitely go back. Highly recommended.

Idyll at Villa Sampaguita

An idyll at Villa Sampaguita- Asti, Piemonte, Italy The charming and affable proprietor of VS kindly picked me up at Genoa's Columbus airport; after an hour's trip up into the countryside above the Mediterranean we pulled into the drive of an estate set among vineyards, perched atop a hill commanding panoramic views out over the hills of Piemontese wine country. Okay, the visuals were superb. Tim then introduced me to his gracious and lovely wife, Rina, and they showed me the facilities and my room. I'd not expected such luxurious amenities at the modest rates...balcony overlooking the hills, private marble bath with a bay window beside the tub, beamed ceilings, furnished with antiques...cozy! The public rooms were equally comfortable; big sitting rooms with oversized fireplace, big breakfast room where I enjoyed sitting down each morning to a hearty selection of freshly prepared juice, coffee, and all the breakfast goodies. A great thing that happens in this room each morning is that Tim and Rina like to sit in and spend time with each guest to discover their interests, be it a lunch or dinner to remeber for a lifetime- the vicinity is studded with very special restaurants- or to experince the multitude of noteworthy historic places within a pleasant drive. They aranged a driver for me and an adventuresome couple from New York, and we had such a great time- the driver told us a lot about the areas we visited. I'm returning to VS in fall of '06 with my wife, and hopefully some friends from home who I told about Helping with the winemaking. About this, I need to warn the unwary; if you should mention to Tim that you'd be interested in lending a hand with the winemmaking, he's apt to hand you a pair of suspiciously purple overalls and amicably conscript you into actual work. However there are thirst-quenching rewards. Well I hope you can tell I had a great time at Villa Sampaguita. I wish Tim and Rina much success-they certainly made my time there a success for me- I'll be back!

Home Away from Home - Only Better!

Tim and Rina Brewer were our excellent hosts for a wonderful long weekend in Italy. We enjoyed their comfortable B&B beautifully furnished with antiques, as well as the friendly atmosphere at the breakfast table with other English-speaking guests. They were extremely helpful in providing excellent directions, outing ideas, and suggestions for restaurants open early enough to suit the needs of our two children -ages 5 & 8. Our children enjoyed the stay as much as, if not more than, my husband & I. They were thrilled to "help" Tim feed the chickens, stir the "mash" of Tim's homemade wine, and join in the care and training of Villa Sampaguita's newly acquired Vietnamese potbellied pigs. We all enjoyed a truffle hunt arranged by Tim & Rina with a local trufflauer. Thanks so much and we can't wait for a return visit!

Very worthy of your travel dollars

Our bedroom and bathroom were spacious and comfortable. The owners, Tim and Rina, really helped us get the lay of the land -- which was important because English speakers were harder to come by outside the big tourist cities. Great food was available from Rina's kitchen -- and the coffee was something to look forward to every morning. For those wanting to tour the wine country, Tim is very knowledgeable and his wine rack has local wines available any time of day at reasonable prices. Easy (albeit dial-up) internet access was much appreciated. For those comfortable renting a car in Italy, the quiet location up in the hills is perfect. Otherwise, a 15 Euro cab ride to the Asti train staion is necessary. The only negative was the door separating our room from an adjacent one provided no sound insulation. But judging from how the rooms are arranged, some rooms probably don't have this problem.

Great welcome

Apart from minor niggles such as poor lounge seating in our apartment, little food preparation space, no mirror in one bedroom & a poor toaster these were far outweighed by the superb hospitality, excellent food of a local cuisine when we needed it, help with excursions and local knowledge, good home grown wine, a peaceful locality with nice walks around the vineyard and a good centre for touring the centres of Piedmont vineyards. I t is well placed for wider excursions to Genoa, Turin and the lakes as well as the Aosta valley.

Loved the Villa

Our stay at the Valle SAMPAQUITA was very enjoyable. It is a beautiful peaceful setting ..Nicely furnished.. Most of all the hospitality extended byTIM AND RENA is outstanding. They are very helpful., considerate and make you feel like part of the family. This was our second time we stayed there and it was even better this time.

Beauty & the Villa

Tim & Rina really know how to open their home and make you feel comfortable. Between the beauty of the land and the actual villa, life in Asti was very enjoyable. The rooms are huge, the food wonderful and the overall hospitality excellent. Would highly recommend this lovely and quiet retreat in paradise to all and everyone.

Comments