Via Lago Sirio 85, Ivrea, 10015, Italy
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Ivrea

View of the Alps, Piemonte, Italy.View of the Alps, Piemonte, Italy.

Cantine Morbelli, Ivrea (To), Italy.Cantine Morbelli, Ivrea (To), Italy.

Room, Hotel Gardenia, near Ivrea, Piemonte, Italy.Room, Hotel Gardenia, near Ivrea, Piemonte, Italy.

ExteriHotel Gardenia, near Ivrea, Piemonte, Italy.ExteriHotel Gardenia, near Ivrea, Piemonte, Italy.

il festivale d'Ivrea

by deedeechi

I was interested to know if anyone has gone to the orange festival in Ivrea. I read a bit about it and was really interested in attending this year. if anyone could give me any insight on this bizzare holiday I would really appreciated it! thanks. deedee

RE: il festivale d'Ivrea

by lucamag

ciao,

i've never been in person, just seen on the news the people being carried to the hospital soaked in orange juice...

anyway, they have a website that's also in english were you might find some info.

all my best,

luca, rome.

Travel Tips for Ivrea

Wonderful Piedmontese town.

by planxty

"A pleasant Northern town."

I have only visited Italy twice, which is perhaps surprising given my travels, especially in Europe. I visited Ivrea on my first trip and found it a pretty, if somewhat quiet, town in the Piemonte region of Northwestern Italy.

For a first visit, I found it delightful, lacking the tourist frenzy that I have heard about in Rome, Florence and Venice.

Although the town itself boasts little in the way of what might be called tourist attractions, I found that fact in itself increased it's appeal as it was a fairly gentle introduction to Italy, and a region that most people possibly would not visit except en route to somewhere else.

I was lucky to have a guide who was a native of the place and, as always, it is easier to appreciate a destination in company with someone who knows it intimately.

Nearby are some wonderful castles and lovely scenery with glorious views of the Alps. I believe, if my limited language skills do not desert me, that Piemonte means foot of the mountain or something similar. I visited in Spring and the views from around the town were truly breathtaking. The attached photo, whilst not from Ivrea itself, gives some idea of what the region has to offer.

If you do happen to be passing through this area, please do stop and spend a few hours in a lovely town. Stop for a meal or just perhaps a coffee and a wander around. You won't regret it, I promise you.

Comments