Ivrea Hotels

Our Members Say

• planxty profile photo planxty
  • Reviews: 1883

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Gardenia.: Pleasant, but out of town.

This hotel was where I spent my first night in Italy, and it was certainly a pleasant enough introduction to a country I had long wanted to visit. Driving in from the main road, I have to say, the place is in a fairly uninspiring location, situated beside a farm machinery showroom of all things. I suspect the place caters to travelling salesmen etc. rather than tourists. Definitely not the place to come for the views. The fairly garish pink interior did little to reassure me.

However, on entering the place, we were greeted by very friendly staff. There is limited but adequate English spoken, by the staff I met, for visitors who use that language.

The room (see photos) was a very pleasant surprise. Clean, obviously recently refurbished, and with everything you would expect from a more expensive establishment.

There is a restaurant, which we did not patronise, but the coffeshop / bar area was a very pleasant place to enjoy an excellent coffee in the morning.

The price quoted is for a double room without breakfast valid at 22/04/2008, although a check on the Internet in January 2009 shows rooms from €70.

No unique qualities, just a very adequate place to spend a night in comfortable surroundings.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written January 10, 2009
Tip Photo

ExteriHotel Gardenia, near Ivrea, Piemonte, Italy.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful