Hotel Orta

Callavetta's Profile Photo

Lakeside Accommodation

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 13, 2004

Hotel Orta is a really pretty, very old hotel on the main square of Orta San Giulio. I had a double room for single occupancy with a balcony looking out on the square. If you craned your neck you also had a view of the lake. Just off the lake is the charming island in the center of the lake.

My traveling companion had a double room (for single occupancy) on the top floor with a window on the lake. Her view was extraordinary, with a windowbox of colorful geraniums framing the gorgeous lake vista. Unfortunately the very hot weather and absolutely no cross breezes left her room rather uncomfortable.

I had half board one night which provided me with a delicious dinner in the beautiful lakeside restaurant.

Unique Quality: My favorite thing about this hotel was the breakfast on the patio, just off the piazza. The buffet had wonderful choices with a delicious walnut bread that I couldn't get enough of.

One minor problem I experienced during my stay was that it was inordinately hot weather. If you left the doors open to let breeze in, the room filled with mosquitoes!

Also, on Saturday morning there was a huge market on the piazza. The set up noises started early.

Nearby Hotel Orta

Hotel Orta

• Orta Hotel San Giulio

Address: Piazza Motta 1, , Orta San Giulio 28016

1 Photo of Hotel Orta

Orta San Giulio Travel Forum

Need advice about Orta San Giulio, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Orta San Giulio and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orta San Giulio hotel reviews