Hotel Biancaneve

Booking.com Priceline.com AMOMA.com

More about Sestriere

Transport from Milan Bergamo Airport to Sestriere

Hi,

I am travelling with a group of freinds to Sestriere on Friday 20th February 2004 and would like to know how easy it is to get public transport from Milan Bergamo airport to Sestriere.

I am having difficulties reading some of the Italian websites and am a little confused as to whether a bus ride or train journey is the best option.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks, Steve ;-)

by chrishc

I was in Sauze last week and I know you can get a bus to Sestriere from outside Oulx railway station, we saw one last Friday when we were waiting for the Sauze bus at 17:00. We had just got off a bus fron Claviere. It should only take 20 mins or so. The skiing was excellent but the temperatures were rising and getting slushy in the afternoon but Sestriere seemed to have the best conditions on the Milky Way.

Ciao!

you can take a train from Bergamo to Torino (Turin) and then another train from Torino to Oulx (whatch out! Oulz not Sauze d'Oulx), from Oulx take a bus to Sestriere. Probably in bergamo there are some buses which takes you to Torino.

If you want to know furhter information about trains, check this out: www.trenitalia.it

have fun!

by chrishc

Daniele, I don't know if it is any goos but Sapar do buses from Turin to Oulx, I saw one of those too when we were waiting.

by DanieleM.

yes! you're right! I forgot it!

now you know about it more than me!

by annejohnstone

Hi Steve,
I am planning to make the same journey on 2nd April.I swear I have spent upwards of 20 hours on the Trentino web site trying to purchase train tickets from Milan central to Oulx (from there I think it is a short bus journey).It has to be the worst site in the world. It assigned me a password , e-mailed its confirmation of same and still won't recognise it when I try to purchase the tickets using a credit card!
I would be most grateful if you could let me know how you get on.I am travelling with Ryanair and despite having booked the tickets in November, they have just changed all the departure times which also cocks everything up.Next time, i am sticking to package tours.....all this hassle just isn't worth it.I hope you have a great time,The snow is suppposed to be wonderful out there and having skied in sestriere before, I can highly recommend it.
Cheers
anne

Hi Anne!

I don't dubt Trentino's website is the crappiest in the world but I think you got wrong cause I don't know what you were looking for but neither Bergamo nor Milan are in Trentino (the main cities of this region are Trento and Bolzano), those two city are in Lomabardia. It's like you had searched Paisley in the Oban region of instead of Strathclyde. :)

If you want to book your ticket check this out:

take care

Hi Anne,

I will certainly let you know how I get on. Although I'm currently struggling to get accommodation sorted out for my group of 8 people (there's nothing like leaving things to the last minute!!!!!). We fly on Friday and I still haven't located any available lodgings. My search has now broadened out past Sestriere. Any accommodation in any ski resort will do!!!!!

Looking forward to having that first slope-side beer!!!!

Steve

look for a lodge in: Cesana, San Sicario, Sauze d'Oulx,
they are all connected to Sestriere by tracks so that you can sleep in one of yhose towns and skiing wherever you prefer.

ciao

look for a lodge in: Cesana, San Sicario, Sauze d'Oulx,

ciao

by matthewss

I'll get onto it straight away, thanks.

Comments