Bologna Hotel

Backpacking Study Abroad Budget Travel

Decent Downtown Hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 17, 2005

I stayed in the Hotel Bologna for one short night in January 2005. The hotel is located right across the street from the train station (Porta Nuova) but I stupidly paid EUR 7 for a taxi to get me and my luggage there (not realizing how close it was).

I checked in and left my passport with the man at the desk. The hotel has an elevator and I took my luggage up to my room on the second floor. The bedroom was sparsly furnished with a single bed and furniture that appeared to have come from IKEA (dresser, desk, chair, trash bin). The bathroom seemed to be larger (and much nicer) than the bedroom, with a glass shower stall, leather stool and very modern decor. Despite being very central, the room was quiet. The sheets on the bed felt a bit like cardboard, I would have liked something a bit more welcoming!

My room ended up costing EUR 45 for the night, plus I made a long-distance phone call that was surprisingly cheap. Considering I was paying EUR 20 to stay in a four-bed hostel dorm room in Barcelona, Hotel Bologna wasn't bad!

Unique Quality: Central location.

Directions: Across from Porta Nuova Station, at the intersection of the Corso Vittorio and Via XX Settembre.

sue_stone's Profile Photo

Convenience in Turin

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 23, 2004

This hotel is located very close to the main train station in Turin, and is walking distance to main attractions.

It is an old building, but many of the rooms have been renovated in recent years.

We had a large room with fancy bathroom and were very happy with our stay here.

Unique Quality: Nicer that it looks

Directions: From Torino Porta Nuova station Hotel Bologna is on the right side of the station (looking at the station) in Corso Vittorio Emanuele II. - only a minutes walk

Nearby Bologna Hotel

Bologna Hotel

• Bologna Hotel Turin

Address: Corso Vittorio Emanuele II, 60, Turin, 10121, Italy

Torino Travel Forum

Need advice about Torino, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Torino and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Torino hotel reviews