Centro

Hotel Centro
Booking.com HostelBookers.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Torino

Painting chocolate animals by handPainting chocolate animals by hand

isn't it beautiful..isn't it beautiful..

baby mummybaby mummy

Red mist over water at the Palazzo RealeRed mist over water at the Palazzo Reale

Wedding

by atladvgirl

I am considering a wedding in the Torino are as my boyfriend lives there. Any tips on locations for a small intimate (budget) wedding and reception for about 20 people? It doesn't have to be within the city but a villa outside in the mountains would be nice as well. Thank you.

RE: Wedding

by Jetgirly

When I visited Stupinigi (see my Torino tips) there were a lot of people getting their wedding photos done there. They might be able to accomodate the ceremony and reception as well.

I know you said budget but I really want to throw this idea out there (for inspiration if nothing else). Castello di Rivoli has a fantastic restaurant called Combal.Zero that is super-duper classy. There is a long sort of promenade on top of the restaurant that would be able to accomodate a ceremony, and you'd be in a great place (cool views of the country / city / castle / mountains). On a clear day the view from the Castello is FANTASTIC. It's definitely not budget, but you might find some inspiration there. You can sort of see a picture of the restaurant here, and you can see the long promenade on top. I've got a tip with the contact info.

RE: Wedding

by rondine

I suggest you a tipical rural Village in the mountains called Usseaux.
For more information you can visit the web site: www.montagnedoc.it or www.comune.usseaux.to.it

Travel Tips for Torino

My worst football related memory in Torino I

by Calcio

During the season 2002/03 me and my journalist colleges Paolo and Marcus went on every Juventus-game in Champions League (I missed one, but it was worth it. I went to a party instead, and got together with a very special girl... :) ).

Every trip we made in Paolo's old car (sorry Paolo, but your new one feels much safer... ;) ) and we sure got some troubles out of that... (see also my Verona-page, under "general tips").

The worst moment was in mars 2003, when we went to Torino to see Juventus-Barcelona in the quarterfinal.
Due to the traffic we arrived late, and got the last parking place in the whole area. The guys who are "guarding" the cars were gone since a long time, and we were actually quite pleased that we didn't have to pay for the parking.

Worse was to come...

When we had finished our works, and got out of the stadium, in -2 degrees Celcius, we noticed that someone had moved Paolo's car.
The luggage-door was open and all Marcus luggage were either stolen or thrown in the water on the ground.

And, the window on the front side of the car was smashed...

So, there we were, shortly after midnight, in -2 degrees Celcius, without a window.

We managed to get some paper from the nearby McDonalds, and then starter our lovely 170 kilometers back to Milano.

But first we were told we had to go to the police in Torino center, to sign in for the damage. It took us just an hour to find the a police-station there, where they then told us it was closed for that sort of problem, and that we could sign in the next day in Milano instead...
Thanks for telling us that directly... We went back on the highway, and after 15 minutes the paper wasn't no more...

Stopped at a gas station and got a plastic-bag instead, which then a nice truckdriver fastened on the outside of the car door, against my will...

Since it was raining, the tape wasn't good enough, and after just five minutes the plastic bag was no more...

Another gas station, and then we fastened the plastic bag on the inside instead...

Finally back in Milano, at five o clock in the morning. Marcus took the few things that still were of his packing, and went directly to the airport for going home to London.

Me and Paolo were so pleased that Juventus had played so bad during the evening, so that we for sure shouldn't have to return to lousy and ***ty Torino again!

So, of course they played a great game two weeks later, and beat Barcelona after extratime...

A couple of weeks later we were back in Torino, for Juventus-Real Madrid. And this time we paid for the parking too, not having any windows smashed this time...

XX Winter Olympic Games

by ant1606

An Olympic event is something that repeats every other two years, alternating the Summer Games with the Winter Games.
Torino was chosen as the host city for XX winter Olinpic Games and, like for other similar events, so much has been written and taped. Sport is sport with winners and losers, no need for chronicle additions.
But it's been a once-in-a-lifetime experience for the Turinese who, like me, lived with it for a couple of weeks. A city that will hardly again see so many people at once flooding its streets in happiness, enjoying live concerts and meeting enthusiasts while trodding the ancient cobblestones. And marveling at the surrounding mountains.
I could attend a hockey game in a fantastic loud environment and I'll always keep this memory with me.
Let's not forget the Paralympics Games, made possible by the best ever athletes in the whole world and who truly deserve a big, big bow for their extra effort.
Hope to share the same good feelings with residents and vsitors who gave their contribution to this unforgettable Olympic experience. Thank you all.

Stazione Sassi

by piccolina

From this little station you can take the train to arrive on the top of Superga Hill, where there is the amazing Superga Church, where there are the tomb of the first Italy's Kings and Queens
The price to go and to come back are: from Mo to Fri € 3,10
Sat-Sun- € 4,13

TORINO CARD: for 48 hours you...

by piccolina

TORINO CARD: for 48 hours you can have free travel on all urban transport and 50% reduction in the subrban transport
Free entry in 82 museums in Turin, its surroundings and in Piedmont
Free access to the panoramic lift in the Mole Antonelliana, to the boat on the river Po and to Superga tram track
Reductions from 15 to 40% on the theatre or concert tickets, bicycle hire, and much more
All this for only 14 €

You can buy the ticket at :
Piazza Castello, 161
Stazione Porta Nuova
Aeroporto di Caselle

Dining Amongst the Stars

by Jetgirly about Stars and Roses

Located in Piazza Paleocapa, Stars and Roses is a funky restaurant with good food to back up its flashy image. The restaurant has two floors, I ate upstairs on a plush couch with giant blow-up posters of celebrity mugshots on the walls around me. They have a wide variety of pizzas on the menu, including my favorite (no matter where I am in the world) - Tandoori Chicken! They also have a selection of first and second courses, mainly based around meats and seafoods. Caution: order a hamburger and you'll get just the meat, not a bun!

My favorite dish is tandoori chicken pizza... quite mildly spiced, in a folded-over pizza crust with red peppers on the side. For dessert, vanilla ice cream with cold espresso poured on it (I can't remember the name of the dish in Italian).

Comments