Continental

FIAT LingottoFIAT Lingotto

the menuthe menu

backsidebackside

Palazzo MadamaPalazzo Madama

Torino restaurants for Sunday dinner and aperitivo

by seddongal

My husband and I will be celebrating his 40th birthday in Torino on Sunday the 12th. Do you have any recommendations for a nice restaurant open Sunday for dinner and cafe/bar for aperitivos?

We are staying in via Bonelli but don't mind traveling, and cost isn't too much of an issue. We love food and would really like a typical/ local dinner.

Many thanks

Re: Torino restaurants for Sunday dinner and aperitivo

by Pomerol

Try Restaurant GRAMSCI. I think it is on the street with the same name. Not too far from the train station and the grand place.

Trendy restaurant with delicious food and great atmosphere. Book ahead if you can because it was absolutely packed both times I went there last summer.

Enjoy

Re: Torino restaurants for Sunday dinner and aperitivo

by oriettaIT

I had a wonderful typical lunch at the restaurant Porto di Savona, a couple of resident's vters suggested it to me and it was higly appreciated
check my page http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/bdaa0/22926/2/ for more details.
I suggest you to book in advance as it is a very popular locals place.

Travel Tips for Torino

"Ssi ssente che ssono piemontesse?"

by Mikebond

This sentence made me and my mum (who was with me in Torino) laugh a lot during our stay in that city.
There is a comic show on the Italian TV, called Zelig, in which many artists play fun sketches. One of them, Franco Neri (from the Southern region of Calabria), embodies the typical Southern Italian who in the past decades emigrated to Torino (and to the North in general). He often makes comparisons between the way of life in the South, where people enjoy life and are very emotional and warm, and in the North, where people are rather moderated and cold. Franco always makes fun of his Piedmontese friend Pautasso.
Well, the two lines for which this artist is very known in Italy are "Franco, oh Franco" (it's how his relatives in Calabria call him) and the one I've written above.
Actually, I didn't know how to write it since the fun is that the sentence "Si sente che sono piemontese?" ("Does it sound clear I come from Piemonte?") is pronounced with a Southern accent. In Southern Italy, "s" between two vowels in pronounced somehow between "ss" and "zz" (phonetically /ts-ts/; it can be difficult for foreigners to pronounce it).
When we arrived in Torino, we didn't think that Franco's are everywhere in that city: in bars, in museums, in shops, while original local people have almost disappeared. My mum and I laughed and remembered this line when we heared Southern Italians everywhere, certainly not because we don't like our Southern compatriots; it is simply strange to found a city where original people are a very little minority.

Getting on with the locals

by vichatherly

Turin can be a bit of a cold, industrial city where there seems to be not much fun going on. But if you look carefully and engage with the locals it can be great. especially if you buy them a drink or two.

Underground Turin

by caldarrosta

If you want to be captured by a secret Turin you can take part in our guided tour of Underground Turin.
Beneath the hectic and bustling city of Turin lies another mysterious and unknown one where time seems to stand still.
Fifteen metres below the city the tunnels of the citadel and the sub-cellars of the Baroque palaces are waiting for you to let you discover their mysteries, on sites of ancient murders which have never been solved....
The journey goes down into an air-raid shelter and includes the Royal ice depots of Porta Palazzo.
Just another way to show you an unusual and exciting historical aspect of our city!
PRICE IS € 25,00 p.p.

They have a lot of other very interesting tours!!!!

Down in some dodgy bars...

by vichatherly

Down in some dodgy bars alongside the river Po.
A strange place to be, but unique atmosphere. Watch out for the early morning happy hours. A think it was a case of trousers around you ankles on the dance floor.

Fratelli 'LA COZZA'

by compatc about Fratelli 'LA COZZA'

E' il nuovo ristorante di Chiambretti.
I prezzi variano, a seconda di quello che si ordina, dalle 30.000 in sù. Consiglio di prenotare soprattutto il venerdì, sabato e la domenica.
Atmosfera caratteristica per una serata diversa. Cozze al guazzetto

Comments