4 Via Corte D'appello, Turin, Piedmont, 10122, Italy
Hotels.com Expedia.com Venere.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Torino

Just another scene in Torino, over the river Po.Just another scene in Torino, over the river Po.

Baratti MilanoBaratti Milano

River PoRiver Po

Stalls at CioccolaTÒ 2008Stalls at CioccolaTÒ 2008

Coming June 28 to July 6 - need accomodation

by eroc

Hello all,
I am coming on June 28 at night to porta susa. I am leaving morning of July 4 ot go back to Paris.

Can anyone help me find a place to stay? I want to explore the area by foot and rent a bicycle (I race in USA). I want to see Asti and Alba (eat and drink, riding a bike is OK).

Any suggestions for private accomodation, hostels?

Thanks,
Eric

by Jetgirly

It sounds like you might be looking for budget accommodation. In that case, Hotel Bologna is quite good. It's a two-star place across from Porta Nuova train station and the owners are total sweethearts. I stayed there twice and my parents stayed there once. I've heard Hotel Montevecchio isn't bad either. My roommates parents stayed there when they came to visit us. Avoid hotels on the other side of Porta Nuova station in the "San Salvario" area.

The youth hostel isn't bad but it's terrible for exploring by foot. It's a thirty-minute walk from the hostel to downtown. It's located up a very large hill which is HORRIBLE for walking up at the end of a long day.

by msgent

Do you know that in Torino you can find lovely B&B even in the town centre? Have a look on bed-and-breakfast.it I'm sure you will find something special!

by eroc

Thanks,
I have found an apartment to rent.
Now I am looking for a place to rent a bicycle.
-E

Travel Tips for Torino

My best football related moment in Torino I

by Calcio

Since I'm not a supporter of neither Juventus or Torino it's quite hard to find any real good moments that I've had in the city.

Specially since I've never seen Milan win there...

But I've seen a lot of fantastic games there, as Juventus-Real Madrid, Juventus-Barcelona, Juventus-Manchester United, Juventus-Bayern Munich, the Torino-derby, Juventus-Milan and many more.

Still, my best memory is from my first trip to Torino, when I saw a game in Serie B.
It was in the spring 2001, and Torino was close to get up in the Serie A again.

I arrived to Milano on a friday morning, and since I had nothing better to do I took the train to Torino and watched Torino-Cagliari.

Can't remember so much of the game, more than that Torino won (1-0 I think), but the atmosphere was really great! A huge choreograph from the Torino-fans covered their curva at the beginning of the game, and at the end, when Torino had won, and almost were back in the Serie A, it felt like the whole town were singing "Serie A, Serie A, Serie A" for their Toro-heroes.

Torino is a cold city!

by Mikebond

Torino is very cold in winter, so you should bring warm clothes (overcoats, fur coats, scarves). The temperature easily goes below 0 ?C. Bring your camera, preferably a digital camera if you have one, to photograph all the beauties of the city!

Fetta di Polenta

by Mikebond

This palace was built by Alessandro Antonelli, the architect of the Mole Antonelliana. Contemporary people criticized him very much arguing that such a high and thin house wouldn't stand for a long time. Instead, Antonelli was right and the house has been called Fetta di Polenta ("slice of polenta").
Polenta is a typical Northern Italian dish made with maize flour cooked in salted water. One of the most famous dishes of Veneto (my region) is poenta e osèi, that is polenta and birds. I have never eaten that!
Famous Italian poet and intellectual Niccolò Tommaseo (Sebenico, Dalmazia, 1802 - Firenze 1874) lived and worked in this house, as it is stated on a plaque put by the city authorities to commemorate the first centenary of his death.

it's easy to get there by...

by call_me_rhia

it's easy to get there by train from anywhere in italy... i'm not too sure about getting around. buses do not abound (they never do in italy), so maybe a rental car (or even better local friends with a car) would be handy.

Eataly

by ant1606 about (Various)

Claimed to be the biggest food and wine market in the world, Eataly is an obvious pun name for place with eateries and food-related shopping.
Location is within the superb former FIAT Lingotto car manufacturing plant. When its assembly lines started production in 1923 it was the largest and most advanced car plant in the world. After the complex was donated to the city of Torino, restoration and conversion gave way to different functional areas such as an exhibition center, a shopping mall, movie theaters and Eataly as the latest addition.
It's a center of excellence for a variety of products carefully selected and sourced from superior producers that combines the convenience of a taste-and-buy approach with the chance to see some unique historical industrial architecture.

Open daily 10:00 AM through 10:30 PM. This is one of the few opportunities in town to have a decent meal outside of the typical hours (say noon- 2PM and 7PM-9PM). Avoid crowds by forcing your stomach to behave during such peak time. Instinct not involved. Just follow your smell and sight senses!

Comments