Hotel Residence Sporting

Spoleto 9, Turin, Piedmont, 10143, Italy

Good For No Data

More about Torino

Waterproof jacket for dachshundWaterproof jacket for dachshund

cute waiter :)cute waiter :)

ALPS surroundedALPS surrounded

CioccolaTo - Mole Antonelliana in the distanceCioccolaTo - Mole Antonelliana in the distance

august in torino

by genebeans

If anyone reads this sight I am just trying to find out if most restaurants and shops stay open in august. I had one nice resposne but need some good inside info-thanks-Gene

by Jetgirly

The information that I gave you was accurate. I lived there for two years.

by genebeans

Thank you again. I assume we are Ok. In booking I fgund that car rentals in the city are closed so I have to go to Torino airport to rent a car and that got me thinking again as to was I making a big mistake about staying there but it is basically a base to explore other areas but we also want to see Torino-Thanks again..Gene

by hoamai

I live in Torino since August 2005 and I have to say the city is very dead in August. Most of the people take a vacation and go somewhere else. Of course, some restaurants and shops are open, but in general, it's much more lively in other months.

Travel Tips for Torino

Get the Torino card. The card...

by Sunflora

Get the Torino card. The card costs 14 Euro and allows you unlimited access to the 82 museums in Turin, a free access to the panoramic lift in the Mole Antonelliana, to the boat on the River Po and the Superga tram track as well as free travel on all public Urban transport for 48 hours.

Packing List

by DonJuan_G.

I recommend a backpack. I recommend to bring some nice warm clothes. I gets real cold. I had on one T-shirt one Sweater and a heavy jacket. For all ya'll skiers. Ya'll know what to bring. Dont forget your nice warm socks. They have all that. Bring a digital camera with lots of memory. I have a Sony Cybershot with a flash card of 64 mb. (megabytes)
Also bring a camcorder to film the view. I is so beautiful. Bring some nice climbing shoes. There is also lots of snow everywhere. You never know when it's going to snow. I recommend a nice cup of double expresso. Italian coffee is so good.

Grom

10123 Turin
Tel. 011.5579095

Eurostar Alta Velocita'

by marco2005

From 10th February new Eurostar High Velocity line between Milan and Turin.
(actually the high speed line is just for 2/3 of the distance) 1h 27'

Till 31th March the price is the same of a "normal" Eurostar 15euro 2nd calss and 20 euro 1st class..

In the olympic period (10-26 february) 50% off if you have a ticket for an olympic event.

The schedule of the new fast Eurostar is:
Milan 08:13 - Turin 09:40
Milan 08:13 - Turin 09:40
Turin 12:20 - Milan 13:47
Turin 18:20 - Milan 19:47

Try Some Piemontese Food!

by Jetgirly about Savoia

I went to Savoia on the recommendation of one of my guide books, for my last dinner in Torino. We went on Wednesday night and found few other diners, but a very international crowd (lots of businesspeople seem to bring foreign visitors here). The restaurant is in the heart of the Quadrilatero Romano, near Piazza Savoia, and can be accessed by foot from Porta Nuova or Porta Susa. This isn't the type of restaurant where you can wear jeans and a baseball hat (although well-maintained, smart casual clothing is fine)- the door is kept locked and you must be allowed in. Savoia is known for serving traditional Piemontese cuisine.

We all had the set menus, although I had to ask for a vegetarian adaptation. We started with delicious pasta: tagliatelle, peas, beans, asparagus, carrots, etc in a mild saffron sauce. The saffron sauce on the pasta was great- really unusual. The other diners went on to beef and potatos, while I was served a great vegetable torte (unfortunately it was about one-third the size of the meat dishes). For dessert we had fresh strawberries and cream. With a bottle of red wine shared amongst four people, the bill came to EUR 30 per person.

Comments