Del Levante

Old man in AlberobelloOld man in Alberobello

Travel Tips for Alberobello

Going to Alberobello

by sim1

Alberobello was orginally not on my list of places I wanted to see. I had never heard of it, so how could I include it? Alberobello is quite far south in Italy, close to Bari, and this part of Italy wasn't on my itinerary.

But I changed my mind after my neighbour told me about this place and showed me some pictures of it. I was convinced! Going here meant quite a detour, but worth while! I had to see these strange structures called trulli. So here I am driving on a hot summers day in August from Paestum to Alberobello. The sun was hot and the sheep were trying to find some shade under the trees.

The landscape close to Alberobello is quite beautiful, filled with olive groves, vineyards, and stone-walled fields and of course the occasional trulli in the fields.

Taxes?

by sim1

Another theory suggests that during Spanish rule, a tax was levied on individual homes, except for unfurnished homes, for which the trulli qualified when their roofs were removed. Hahaha, could be true... people do a lot to avoid paying taxes, LOL

I TRULLI

by cecio77

"panoramica sui trulli"

C'era bisogno di dirvelo che eravamo ad alberobello?? Bella davvero!!

"LE MURGE"

Qui invece siamo in viaggio nelle murge... osservate la desolazione del posto.. ma io credo che questa sia anche il punto di forza di questa regione.. ? affascinante percorrere chilometri e chilometri da alberobello verso castel del monte e non incontrare o quasi anima viva!

"LECCE"

e questa ? lecce.. citt? affascinante, ma il caldo d'agosto ? soffocante, e non permette di godere appieno delle bellezze di questa citt?. Per la cronaca il Duomo era chiuso. che rabbia!

Comments