Alberobello Hotels

Our Members Say

• lichinga profile photo lichinga
  • Reviews: 520

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Vacanza in Puglia: Extremely nice "trulli" accommodation

Wonderful place, 1 hour away from Bari Airport and very close to Alberobello. The beaches of Monopoli, Savelletri and Torre Canne are 15 minutes away and you may also choose to go to the other side, on the Taranto gulph (40 km West), in the case the wind is blowing from East.

Very nice garden surrounding the complex of 3 "trulli" houses, privacy guaranteed and all amenities a house may have. Antonio, the owner is a very communicative and pleasant youngman who will introduce you to the untold stories of the Murge land.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Architecture, Family Travel
  • Written September 25, 2006
Tip Photo

Trulli in the green of Murge

• metteks profile photo metteks
  • Reviews: 207

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villaggio Raggio di Sole: Camping in the countryside

We stayed at this campground for 3 nights. The owner was very friendly and even though he very little English we managed to communicate. He lent us a hammer and thick iron pegs to anchor our tent in the hard soil. He also drove us to the train the day we left.

The campsite is situated outside the town between fields of fruit trees, olives and grape wines. In between the trees in the fields trullis can be spotted. It is a very quiet area with few houses, but the peace a night was disturbed by the many dogs barking as it is common all over Italy.

When we stayed here in the end of June, there was no other tent but ours, and only two campervans and a few families staying in the trulli and in the apartments. So the place was very quiet and relaxed, and maybe this is why we never found the restaurant that the commercial told us the place had.

The owner’s son owns the other campsite on the other side of Alberobello. The prices are identical. We chose this one because it seemed to be in a more rural area and because a friendly man at the train station told us that were quieter and slightly closer to Alberobello.

The campsite has a pool, which is open to the public. Residents of the campsite get to use it for free. The pool is quite big and even has a springboard. If you have long hair you have to wear a bathing cap to enter the pool. I borrowed this from the pool manager. This rule we noticed at another campsite pool as well.
There is also a gym at the campsite.

The bathroom facilities are new and clean. There are no shop, but is possible to buy beverages at the pool.

Apart from camping, you can stay in apartments that looked very nice from the outside or a trulli.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written July 5, 2005
Tip Photo

The road to the campsite

• sim1 profile photo sim1
  • Reviews: 4780

Camping Pineta Mare: Don't go here!!!

Camping Pineta Mare.... Don't go here!!!! I found this one of the worst campings I have ever been to. Arghhh!

The camping owner was arrogant, wow, I've never experienced such an idiot on a campground! Hahaha, and you can read all my pages, but I've never said such a thing before. The beach was filthy, and the campground was noisy. I don't know... I just didn't fit in here. I arrived late, and was happy to have found a place to camp. But otherwise I would have packed up my gear and turned right around in finding a better spot to spend the night.

• Opinion of Price: N/A