Hotel Victor Bari

Bari's Old TownBari's Old Town

Main facadeMain facade

Ferry To PatrasFerry To Patras

Early BirdEarly Bird

Where to put your bags if early?

by Dan33

Hello,

If I am arriving at the airport in the early morning 02SEP and later departing via ferry in the late afternoon, would I be able to check in my bags early with jadrolinija? or is there a suitable place in the Bari town area where I could leave bags??

Thanks very much...

DAN

by Potato-Brigade

Uless my memory is bad, I do beleive you can leave them with the Bar-Bari ferry terminal right on the dock.

by Dan33

thanks for the useful info..

Mr Potato: I'm travelling on the 'Marko Polo' to Dubrovnik with personal cabin accomodation - Do you know if the crew carry on your luggage for you or you carry it on yourself.

With you response of leaving at the wharf area - I wonder if I can leave it in the morning for a 22:00hrs departure. Or maybe it might get lost in the ruckass that is ferry Line travel (I work dealing with that industry in Aust)

Thanks

by Potato-Brigade

Well, they might carry it on for you but the only time I ever see such service is on Agatha Christie films, portraying the rich during the 30´ and 40´s.

My guess (and I´m ONLY guessing) is that if you´ve a ticket already, the office is open, and you are polite - they´ll do what they can to be friendly.

by craic

I travelled on the Marco Polo to Dubrovnk from bari and carried my suitcases myself. I put them on the van at the ferry terminal to get to a more distant dock - and took them off myself and dragged them onto the ship myself. I remember it vividly because my suitcase handle broke.

I spent quite a few hours waiting at the terminal for the ticket office to open - it only opened an hour before sailing and was a total bunfight.

I did not notice any place to leave luggage - no locekrs or left luggage room etc. There may be one.

However there is sure to be one at the bari train station. Which is a couple of miles away alas. I have never struck an Italian train station of any reasonable size that doesn't have a deposito bagagli.

by craic

mind you i wasn't travelling in a cabin -

by Potato-Brigade

"I have never struck an Italian train station of any reasonable size that doesn't have a deposito bagagli."

Yes, they are quite a commonino sightini at Italian stazione ferroviavia. :)

certo (LOL)

Travel Tips for Bari

Apulia's Official Tourism Portal

by JoyDivision

If you are plannig your vacations in Apulia you can visit this site:
http://www.viaggiareinpuglia.it/ (italian)
http://www.viaggiareinpuglia.it/hp/en (english)
http://www.viaggiareinpuglia.it/hp/de (german)
It's the Apulia's Official Tourism Portal and contain useful informations.

Polignano a Mare

by Ronaldinho86

Situated on the top of a cliff,in a part of the Adriatic coast rich in coves and caves created by the waves,Polignano a Mare is a perfect mix of historical and environmental beauty.Its origins are very old,but it was under the Romans that the ancient Neapolis developed: it became a statio of the ancient Via Traiana,that passed on the old bridge from which I've taken this picture.
The Old Town,with its white houses straight down to the blue sea,is very beautiful and full of people,especially during the summer,and it is characterized by some panoramic points from which it's possible to enjoy a great view on the sea.Its heart is Piazza Vittorio Emanuele II,seat of the Palazzo dell'Orologio and of the Chiesa Matrice.This church,built in the XIII century and dedicated to the Assunta,was for many years a bishop's residence;here it's possible to admire a medieval aristical crib by Stefano da Putignano,and a polyptych by the Venetian painter Bartolomeo Vivarini (1445) dedicated to the patron saint San Vito.
Polignano a Mare is also famous for its ice-cream parlours,the best of which is the Bar Turismo (near Piazza Aldo Moro,Via Sarnelli):during the summer,between 5 and 7 pm,the city is full of people that comes back from the beach.But there are a lot of people during the night too,thanks to the many locals of the Old Town and the restaurants nearby.
Because of its cliffs and coves,the access to the sea is difficult and there aren't sandy (except the little beach in the picture) or equipped beaches,so it's necessary to reach Monopoli-Capitolo(about 10 Km).However it isn't impossible to go to the sea,in fact many people decide every day to take the sun on the rocks near Polignano.Personally,I often go to the sea in the little harbour (very very little!) of San Vito,a small suburb 2-3 Km far from Polignano dominated by a great Abbey: here the sea is very clean and it's possible to stay on the rocks or on the breakwaters of the pier (but there are a lot of people!).But I understand that,for a tourist,it isn't easy...

Trani

by Ronaldinho86

Founded in the III century d.C.,Trani is a real jewel and surely one of the best cities of Puglia.Its symbol is the beautiful Romanesque Cathedral,which overlooks the sea and the harbour,built in XIII century and dedicated to San Nicola Pellegrino.In front of it,there is the Swabian Castle(www.castellipuglia.org),built on the sea by Frederick II in 1233.From Piazza Duomo,where the Cathedral stands,it's possible to explore the Old Town,with its narrow lanes,churches and historical palaces.Skirting the harbour,full of life especially in the summer nights with its restaurants and bars,you can arrive to the beautiful gardens on the sea of the Villa Comunale.
According to me,the most beautiful and elegant city of the Bari's Province deserves surely a visit!

BRINDISI , ITALIA.

by AliJoe

PHOTO : THE CITY OF BRINDISI.

THIS is not a BARI's page, since vt didn't include this beautiful port city BRINDISI....sooo, I make use BARI as a BRINDISI's Page.

FLASH BACK 1973....just arrived from Corfu Island, Greece. Bye bye, Greece with a 1001 stories..you know and always keep my record on your soil.Hey Greece, just like a pretty lady always in my mind...someday, I will be there again. Here I'm, ITALIA...your guest just putting a foot to your beautiful wonderland.Hey Ceaser, hey Pompei...The Great KAMAL KHAN is here....in the peaceful mission...bring your best poetry and your musician too.KAMAL KHAN will sing and dance together with you Pompei..forget about Cleopatra, she was in the dream !!.

According to the historian, the city name derives from BRUNDA which meant "The Head of Deer" , inspired by the shape of Brindisi's natural habour. Its splendour came during the Roman Age. During the second world war, Brindisi was subject of aerial attacks from her enemies. Suffering great structural and housing damage. After the war, Brindisi WAS a Capital of Italy...

Comments