Scandic by Hilton Bari

More about Bari

Inside TerranimaInside Terranima

The San Nicola StadiumThe San Nicola Stadium

Solving The Parking ProblemSolving The Parking Problem

Touring Nuns Waiting For The Bus!Touring Nuns Waiting For The Bus!

Bus to Port of Bari

by divafran

We are taking a cruise out of Port of Bari in October. We will be taking the bus from Palermo to Bari. Need to know if there is a local bus to the port and about how far it is. Thanks!!!

by leics

According to

'Bus services run regularly from the port to Stazione Centrale, the main railway station.'

I believe it is Amtab bus 20. Timetables, stops etc here:

by divafran

Thank you...I did find that web site although I'm not sure I'm reading the schedule correctly. I can't seem to figure out what time the bus gets to the port.

by leics

Not a brilliant schedule, I agree....only gives departure times.

But as buses are so very frequent (every 20 minutes or so) I doubt the journey is a long one.

Travel Tips for Bari

Not Too Much Here

by sassjt

I had never heard of Bari, Italy before I found out that was our first stop on our Costa Cruise to the Greek Isles. I researched this location and really couldn't find much information but found out why when I arrived. There's really not much there. I'm so glad we didn't waste our money on a tour and just decided to walk around ourselves since we saw everything there was to see in a matter of just over an hour. I would have to say my fondest memory of Bari was the gelato I had on the way back to the port to board our ship for departure to Greece. If we hadn't stopped here, I don't think I really would have missed too much.

Wander around the...

by athenian80

Wander around the medieval,narrow streets of the old town.There you'll also find and the two most important churches of Bari:the 'Cattedrale di San Sabino'(whose bell tower dominates the town's skyline) and the 'Basilica di San Nicola'.Saint Nicola is after all the patron saint of the town.In the picture you can see the former depicted.

Bari: More Earthly (or Ocean) Delights

by vanhalld

"A Short Stop Gets a Little Longer"

I had intended Bari just as a ferry stop, but credt card security features left me strande over the weekend without cash. I stayed at the Villa Romanazzi Carducci which, quite possibly, offers the finest breakfast anywhere. Ever. And it is included in the room price. I have paid as much for three persons for breakfast in London hotels as I am paying per night here. I HIGHLY recommend the hotel. More details will follow.

BARI & the province

by Janina_B.

BARI is the capital of the Apulia region (I prefer the Italian name 'Puglia'). It's a very peculiar place.

Puglia's unique strategic position as the last outpost of western Europe, fronting the sea and facing towards the east, made it necessary for the people who settled there to defend their cities with thick walls which developed into imposing fortresses, like the one you see in the picture: CASTELLO SVEVO - the Swabian Castle.
(Of special interest to a Polish traveller: BONA SFORZA lived here. The external wall was built by Isabella of Aragon and was subsequently raised higher by her daughter Bona Sforza.)

Un particolare saluto a tutti i visitatori italiani. Il vostro paese e' stupendo. Se solo avessi il tempo per preparare altre pagine sulla bellissima Italia... (ci pensero' sicuramente).

Comments