Park Hotel La Grave

NorCal08's Profile Photo

My Stay at Park Hotel La Grave

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 18, 2013

Using Booking.com, I had reserved a room at B&B Refugio delle Grotte, which is approximately 500 yards from this Hotel. Unfortunately, the owner of the B&B never showed and I had to scramble to find a place to stay as it was starting to rain. Park Hotel La Grave had clean, efficient . although rather spartan quarters. Being alone, they gave me their smallest room which included a separate living room with sofa bed, TV and desk, a large bathroom with a great shower and another room with a queen bed, TV, etc.

I was ther on March 17, 2013, and there didnt appear to be anyone else at the Hotel. The front desk manager was kind enough to walk me up the hill to a restauraunt I would never have found and asked them to serve me dinner. The place was closed, except a child's racuous B-day party where it turned out I was the enter of attention. Apparently these Italian children had never met an American and stood at the edge of my table staring at me. In any event, the Hotel came through in a pinch, it was clean, safe and very quiet.

Unique Quality: Across the street from the entrance to the Caves. Plenty of on site parking.

Directions: Across the street from the Museum for the Cave.

Nearby Park Hotel La Grave

Castellana Grotte Travel Forum

Need advice about Castellana Grotte, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Castellana Grotte and ask our Answer Gurus.

Castellana Grotte Travel Guide