President

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Foggia

Trip tp Puglia

by ElaineMcMull

My family, (three teens, husband, and myself) are spending a week at the Blue Marine Residence in Rodi Gargancio. We have never been to Italy and I am looking for ideas on what to see and do. Any tips would be appreciated. We will be there in June 2003. Thtanks so much!

Re: Trip tp Puglia

by donato1899

We, my wife and two teen age daughters are going on our third trip tp Italy next week. Pulia I have never been to, but in Italy we walk around and look at the food stores and other interesting shops. We sit at those tiny little tables and see if we can stay there as long as the Italians can. We never can. We eat really long dinners and lunches and me and my wife drink lots of wine. I encourage my daughters to have empty space in thier suitcases so we can buy clothes fto bring home. We go in the old churches.
i always buy a fodor's guide and study the area before we go and I usually find more places that sound interesting than we can get to.
Italy is fun, the people really know how to drive( don't go slow in the left lane).

Re: Trip tp Puglia

by dnwitte

Lucky lucky you!
I love Puglia. Some not to be missed spots(Much easier with a car):
Lecce in the deep south. It's an utterly charming small city (my all time favorite in Italy) liberally plastered with wildly over the top Baroque churches.
Bari, the old city. Bari is a large charmless port city, but its medieval center is fascinating and is home to 2 of the greatest Norman/Romanesque churches anywhere.
Try to make it to Matera in neighboring Basilicata. The old center is an enormous city of cave dwellings in two great gorges, and possibly the weirdest place you'll ever see. BTW, it's sometimes called "The capital of nowhere". You'll understand why if you go.
The incomparable Castel del Monte, standing alone on its hill.
Ostuni, a blazing pile of pure white cubes hovering on their hilltop.
Alberobello, the capitol of Trulli. OK, so it's touristy, but you're tourists and the trulli are so cute.

Travel Tips for Foggia

San Nicola

by janchan

San Nicola is a small island (1.6 km long and 450 m. wide) and the historical center of the archipelago. To see: the walls and the Castle built to protect the town, the church of S.ta Maria (XI century) with a beautiful abbey.

IL GARGANO

by piccolina

The limestone peninsula of the Gargano is known to the Italians as "lo sperone d'Italia. In the area it is possible to find limestone terraces, small inlets, caves, high and craggy cliffs to the east and white and sandy beaches to the west."

Comments