VIA SALANDRA 6,I-73100 LECCE, I-73100 Lecce, Lecce

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• BlueLlama's Profile Photo

Retro four-star

There are two main points to note about the President: it's a large business-style hotel firstly, and, more curiously, it's got a strong retro feel running through it. The latter makes it a more intriguing place to stay than the average large four-star.

Rooms are spacious too. Lots of floor space and storage. It's very comfortable, with good beds and all the amenities you'd expect including, foreign television, room service and minibar. It is lacking a pool which certain other Lecce hotels in this category have. As for that outmoded style, you'll either love it or hate it. Our bathroom was arresting to say the least.

We found the service to be excellent and very helpful with information on the city. They seem to be able to cater to individual guests and large parties with the same attention.

The location is very convenient for walking into the historical centre (around 10 minutes), the motorway and public transport (including the train station). There are a number of bars and snack-type places in the streets around the hotel.

The President is good value for money, particularly if you can get a good deal online; it was almost the cheapest hotel in Lecce when we visited, making it a bargain.

Unique Quality: The overall style of the President makes it fairly unusual. The hotel is very much kitted out in a sixties/seventies style. While this is not uncommon in Italian hotels, what makes the President different is that it feels less like lack of modernisation and more like a conscious decision. Touches such as lamps are all of the period and we had a sixties tour poster on our wall.

Overall, an interesting and off-the-wall place to stay.

Comments