Hotel Gardenia

rosata's Profile Photo

Family Run Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel a couple of times on overnight stays as it is a handy stop off from on the way north from Genova.

The check in is open until 01:30, we arrived around midnight a couple of times and the man of the family waited up for us!

There is a restaurant but we have not been there early enough to try it out.

Lots of free parking

I have not found my photos yet but there are some taken by the hoteliers on the internet.

Unique Quality: The breakfast spread was delicious and included homemade cakes, the apple cake was yummy and that is from a person who doesn't usually eat cake early on in the day.

Hotel Gardenia is run by the Lavezzo family and has all you need for a comfortable stay in quiet surroundings with a gorgeous, distant view of the Alpine foothills

Directions: Travelling by car, make your way to Ivrea and follow the signs for the hotel visible on the roundabouts (5 Km)

planxty's Profile Photo

Pleasant, but out of town.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 10, 2009

This hotel was where I spent my first night in Italy, and it was certainly a pleasant enough introduction to a country I had long wanted to visit. Driving in from the main road, I have to say, the place is in a fairly uninspiring location, situated beside a farm machinery showroom of all things. I suspect the place caters to travelling salesmen etc. rather than tourists. Definitely not the place to come for the views. The fairly garish pink interior did little to reassure me.

However, on entering the place, we were greeted by very friendly staff. There is limited but adequate English spoken, by the staff I met, for visitors who use that language.

The room (see photos) was a very pleasant surprise. Clean, obviously recently refurbished, and with everything you would expect from a more expensive establishment.

There is a restaurant, which we did not patronise, but the coffeshop / bar area was a very pleasant place to enjoy an excellent coffee in the morning.

The price quoted is for a double room without breakfast valid at 22/04/2008, although a check on the Internet in January 2009 shows rooms from €70.

Unique Quality: No unique qualities, just a very adequate place to spend a night in comfortable surroundings.

Directions: 5km South of Ivrea, just East of the A5.

Nearby Hotel Gardenia

• Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Free High Speed Internet

Romano Canavese Travel Forum

Need advice about Romano Canavese, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Romano Canavese and ask our Answer Gurus.

Romano Canavese Travel Guide