Campeggio Villaggio Torre Del Porticciolo

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 22% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• littlebush's Profile Photo

Torre Del Porticciolo

Torre Del Porticciolo is a very nice campsite with bungalows.(www.torredelporticciolo.com)
    It is about a 10minute drive from Alghero airport but be warned, you need a car! It costs 30euro from the airport and there are no buses near the campsite! The nearest bus stop is a good 2km walk!
    The campsite itself, is about 7 euro's for a tent to be pitched. We didnt have a tent so went for a chalet, bungalow thingy! It was 31 euro a night and was fine. 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a nice outside seating area and good kitchen. The site has a shop, a nice pool, restaurant and bar, and pool table etc.
    It also has its own bay a 2 miute walk from the site, the beach here isnt exellent but ok to laze around for an arvo. The best beach Porto Conte is a 25 minute walk away.

More about Campeggio Villaggio Torre Del Porticciolo

Great value at excellent camp site 'Alghero'

by Terry-Silver about www.torredelporticciolo.it/

BONUS-it was so hot here late last August, I've never been so brown in my whole life, 'feel the heat'.

Please contact me if you want more helpful and comprehensive information, this has been rushed a bit

I would reccomend this camp site to any person looking for very pleasant, hot and relaxing accomodation. You can camp or stay in log cabbins.
I have left the camp sites web site details here so you can see photos and find out more information on the location.

Staff are very friendly though I found I had to make a little effort to engage in conversation but I enjoyed the challenge and I think I gained a bit of respect for walking over two hours in the blistering heat to the middle of nowhere to get cigarettes (they dont sell on site).

Some of the older staff are a little less reluctant to be friendly but all in all we met some amazing and friendly people at the camp and got a real sense of camping community spirit. The word pikey has no relevance here.

This place is very iscolated if you do not have a vechile, though it would only be 20 minutes drive to the town of Alghero I saw no buses or public transport and cabs were expensive.

On my next trip to Sardinia, I plan to rent a car and start my holiday off at porticciolo then if I find anywhere as nice on my day trips, I'll move on.

Please note there is a resident dog called Hugo who may seem like the friendliest mutt on the island but infact will do anything for a biscuit, dont be fooled.

We moved to a camp site called 'Kalik' nearer Alghero, whatever you do, don't go here, it was not very clean, it was overcrowded and best described as a post slaughter battle ground from Lord of The Rings (proper Orksville). *We camped during our stay at torre del porticciolo, it was set in a pine forest which kept our tent very cool in the afternoons.
*The shower and toilet facilities were very clean.
*The is a large swimming pool and smaller one for children.
*Small shop and restaraunt and bar
* The beach is a minutes walk and very nice indeed, although very rocky in the water so you may want some sandals or something?

about 10 euro a day to camp and 70 euro to be in a cabin.

Needed a car!

My Sardinia Diary

by littlebush

"Sardinia 2002 - chpt 1"

26th September
Got a cab from the airport to Porticciolo camping (Torre Del Porticciolo www.torredelporticciolo.com). The cab cost E30 and we later realised it wouldve been cheaper to hire a car! As there are no buses to Porticciolo(unless you dont mind walking 3 km) a cab was the only option. We checked into our bungalow, only E31/night and we got a 4 person bungalow, with cooking facilities and patio and bathroom...bargain! We went for a wander around the site, there was a lovely pool, a shop and a restaurant and a bar but they were all quiet as this was the last week the campsite was open before closing for the Winter. We walked out of the campsite to Porticciolo bay, a beautiful bay with a not so nice beach, but the stunning scenery made up for that. The nearest beach was a 3km walk away...so we went for it. Once at Porto Conte beach, we sat down for a couple of hours enjoying the beauty of the bay, the lack of tourists and the sun blazing down on us....perfect! After the 3km hike back, we went for a shop in the shop when suddenly Jo bumped into a girl, Sarah , who she met in New Zealand....small world or what. She was with her boyfriend, James and it was their last night. They had a hire car and invited us out to go into Alghero that night with them...result! So, after a backpackers special dinner of pasta and sauce, we headed into Alghero for a wander around and of course a beer. Headed back to the room around midnight.

27th September
met up with James and Sarah to grab a lift to the airport to enquire about car hire(sod walking 3km each day just to get to the bus or beach!). Bit of a result as they gave us their leftover food! We booked a car to pick up Saturday night for 2 days(E64 for the 2 days with Sardinya rent a car www.autonoleggiosardinya.it). We said goodbye to James and Sarah and caught a bus into Alghero (only 57cents). We wandered around for abit picking up some tourist info before heading to the beach, only a 5 minute walk out of town. We then went and done more food shopping and walked around the waterfront before getting the bus(88cents) to Porto Contre and deciding to walk the 3km with our shopping back to Porticciolo. We walked along the beach and as it was soooo far, decided to enjoy the sun and sunbathe for a couple of hours and watch our butter melt! Back at the bungalow we enjoyed a lovely omelette and a bottle of wine.

Cont'd on chpt 2.....

"Sardinia 2002 - cont'd from chpt 1"

28th September
Got up early and sat by the pool and done my homework(yes I was sad enough to take my books with me!)...actually Jo done my homework, I just sunbathed in the gorgeous hot sun with clear blue sky! After lunch, we set off on the 3km hike to Porto Conte when a car pulled up offering a lift, which we duly took. Our fellow riders were Angelo and Renaulto, Angelo not speaking a word of English, Renaulto broken English...so when I asked them to stop at the beach, it was no real surprise they drove straight past by a few miles to a house! We got out and thanked them for taking us further than what we were when they picked us up and set off to walk back...but our new friends wouldnt have any of it, they invited us in for wine and a beer....rude not to. So, there we were in Angelo’s back garden in the sun drinking some Sardinian wine. Then along comes half the village....Franko turned up with loads of food then the local fisherman and then Peter. We were treated to true Sardinian hospitality, I ate until food and drunk a few glasses of wine before realising I had to pick the car up in about 5 hours! Then out came the ice cream which they poured jack daniels into! And then more spirits, for which we did not participate! Peter spoke the best English and from him we learnt that Angelo is often picking up tourists and bringing them round for lunch. We were taken up to his veranda for a lovely view of the bay. After 2 hours, we felt we best be on our way as there was a bus pulling up outside his house any minute which would take us into Alghero. We said our thanks (many of those!) and we were invited back for the next day before catching the bus. Then the rain started so we went for a tea and coffee and killed 2 hours before getting the bus to the airport to finally get the car, a tiny Fiat Panda, but it done the job. We went food shopping and went home and cooked before going to bed.
29th September
Got up reasonably early and drove to Stintino in the north. Couldnt believe how quiet the roads were, brought back memories of driving in New Zealand....beautiful scenery too. Once in Stinitno, we drove up to La Pelosa, one of the best beaches on the island.....but it was too windy to stay long, although it was crystal clear water. We drove to Cape Falcone before heading into Stintinto town for a walk around. A pretty little fishing village which apparently swells in peak season but we wouldnt have believed it, it was so quiet. We then headed back and drove to Lago Baratz(Lake baratz), in dense woodland. We then headed to find Porto Ferro, we followed the signs but ended up missing it and finally ended up dumping the car and walking to try to find the beach. After a half hour walk we stumbled across it...yet another quiet beautiful beach with crystal clear water, although I must admit, bloody freezing water! Unfortunately, either we smelt, or were laying on dog crap or there are lots of flies on Porto Ferro beach cos they didnt leave us alone and so we left after an hour and a half and decided to go to our favourite beach, Porto Conte. It made a nice change to drive there and not walk! We had an hour and a half there again in gorgeous sun before heading to Capo Caccio for a lovely view of Porto Conte. We were going to go into the Grotto Nettuna but decided not to. We went back for food and decided to go back to Capo Caccio for sunset at 7.15pm. And it was certainly worth the effort, a beautiful sunset indeed! Then bed!

Cont'd in chpt 3

"Sardinia 2002 - cont'd from chpt 2"

30th September
We packed the backpack and checked out. We bought food to pack for a picnic and a bottle of wine which we left on Angelo’s doorstep as a thankyou.. We then drove down the coastal road to Bosa, a stunning drive, reminiscent of New Zealand again as the road hugged the coast. At Bosa, we laid on the beach for a couple of hours before driving back on the coastal road back to ‘our beach’ at Porto Conte. We then got changed and went to find a pizzeria before our flight home but unfortunately nowhere opened until 7pm(which was too late) so we found a takeaway that made a minging pizza in Fertillia. We then filled up the car, only E25 for 400km! Sweet! We dropped the car and fly home happy we’d just had one of our best holidays ever!

public transport around alghero and Stintino

by christobel

Hello everyone

I'm travelling to Sardinia for a week in the second week of September arrving at Alghero airport on 6 September. My problem is that I don't drive..

I'd really like to see both Alghero and Stintino
Are there any direct bus connections between the two. I read somewhere that there was but can't find any evidence of it. If there isn't anything direct, what choices have I got?

I was also thinking of going to torre del porticciolo and Porto Ferro, from either Alghero or Stintino, or on the way from one to the other. Is this possible. Are there any buses? I don't mind a walk at the end!

Any info much appreciated as i'm scratching my head over this one (and resolving to learn to drive)

with thanks