Via R.Margherita 61, Calasetta, 09011, Italy

Canapé entranceCanapé entrance

Travel Tips for Calasetta

Natural Swimming Holes!

by giampiero6

LOOK AT THAT WATER !!!!!!!!! Find your own natural swimming pool and do some scuba diving. We found this spot and had a great time in the clear blue water! The Mediterrannean is quite warm compared to the Pacific near my usual home and even in October and Novermber it is possible to bath comfortably on warm days. If you come to Calasetta and explore the rocky coastline to the North and West sides, you can find many such places

Sample the Beaches!

by giampiero6

The beaches here are small half moon coves with fine all shell, white powdery, sand. There are 3 main beaches. Sotto Torre...which is the closest to town and is pictured in the intro. It is considered the children's beach. Le Saline, is, in my opinion, the most beautiful beach especially when it is still, (often) and there is Spiaggia Grande. Each of the beaches is incredibly beautiful with shallow warm turqoise water, no waves and sandy beaches with rocks and pools around it's outer arms. On a hot clear day, it is very very much like paradise. You won't believe it until you see it. Go see the coastline! It's so beautiful and you can swim in the beauteous water and feel like Neptune the Sea God! Here I'm wearing a shirt because I burned the hell out of myself. Ouch!

Ferry from Calasetta to Carloforte

by giampiero6

Take a ferry from Calasetta to Carloforte on the Island of San Pietro. Great beaches and a quaint little town! (about 40 minute ferry ride).

Personally I think that the town of Carloforte is more scenic than Calasetta with it's windy streets. The beaches are a little farther out of town, you'll need to hitch, or take a car or scooter, but it's just great. Hell, the ferry trip itself is a nice jaunt just to get some fresh air and go get an ice cream!

A little extra off the beaten path

by giampiero6

There are some parts on the Island here, that are less exlpored and magical. It's hard to get there and pretty rocky, but if you get a mountain bike, you can head out the a pine forest that lines the cliffs of the far end of the island. From here you can descend into the fragrant forest and reach the cliffs. Work your way down and take a little dip on the rocks. I guarantee you'll be pretty much alone.

Calasetta

by jeffmartinartist

I made this sketch from inside a cafe at the port of Calasetta on the day we arrived. I remember it like it were yesterday. It was blowing a gale, the rain was heavy and the boats were bobbing up and down, out of sync. I had a glass of Traimari frizzante, which I enjoyed as the day was still warm. I had taken a room at a small hotel run by three sisters, one of whom was so incredibly beautiful, I recall eating breakfast when I did not want to.

Comments