Tarthesh Hotel

Tags

Food and Dining Spa and Resort
See Amenities
BlueLlama's Profile Photo

An oasis of calm in the Sardinian interior

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 22, 2015

We chose the Tarthesh as a comfortable, relaxing retreat and were not disappointed. This is the best hotel I have stayed at in Italy and ranks right up there with my favourite agriturismi and bed and breakfasts too.

The approach to the hotel is not immediately promising; on the outskirts of the unexciting town of Guspini and next to a Lidl, arrival is not what you'd call glamerous. Behind the wall of the Tarthesh, however, the verdant grass and foliage is well-looked after and the buildings themselves are nicely designed around various open spaces. We had read reviews that criticised the proximity of the supermarket. Well, our bathroom had probably the best view of it you could have and all we saw was a red tile roof. The hotel really does feel nicely isolated from the outside world.

Facilities are great. The pool area is lovely and big enough to give multiple couples and families space to swim in peace. There is also a nice pool bar serving freshly made sandwiches and bruschetta plus cocktails and other drinks in the afternoon. There are activities offered each day (during our visit my other half enjoyed a free introductory scuba diving lesson in the pool) and a spa.

We ate at the restaurant twice and found it to be by a vast margin to be the best of the three places we ate at in Guspini. I'll write more about this in a separate review, but I will say here that the view of the internal courtyard while dining in the evening is an atmospheric experience.

Service was very good indeed, friendly and attentive while not being over the top.

Conclusion? I never really visit the same place twice, but I'm already planning to come here again as the combination of the Costa Verde area and the peace and calm of this hotel is really magical.

Unique Quality: The decor is very relaxing. All shades of white, with Moorish accents in the form of wooden doors and lanterns.

The pool is stunning.

Directions: The hotel is right on the approach to the town of Guspini as you arrive from the direction of Sassari/Bosa/Oristano. A Lidl is next to the hotel.

Nearby Tarthesh Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Guspini Travel Forum

Need advice about Guspini, Italy? Visit the Travel Forum for Guspini and ask our Answer Gurus.

Guspini Travel Guide